Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 8:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
The last movie I watched was Invasion of the Astro Monster. I watched the Japanese version first, and then the American version with my 7- and 4-year-old sons.

As a lifelong horror fan, the Godzilla movies were a glaring hole in my movie arsenal, so we started watching them in order, first the original Japanes and then the American with the kids. My 7yo is Godzilla/King Ghidorah obsessed now.

Good on you!  I too am totally Godzilla/King Ghidorah obsessed (King G is my favorite Toho monster) so I'm really psyched for the "remake" of Destroy All Monsters that's coming out this Spring.  And in the trailers for the new flick Rodan looks freakin' awesome which alleviates the problem I've always had with that monster; he always looked silly IMO.

I agree in Rodan, based on my so far limited exposure. He's a cool concept so it will be cool to see him with cooler execution. The goal is to watch as many of the films as possible over the next couple months with the kids and then take them to see the new on in the theater.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Child's Play 3

Man, Chucky takes a beating in 2 and 3. In 3 he gets stabbed, has an arm shot off has his hand cut off with a knife and ultimately get obliterated in a giant rotating fan.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 am

The young fella and I went with a golden oldie tonight:

The Hunt for Red October

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 9:52 am

Re-watched 'Solo' the other night. I liked it better upon 2nd viewing.

Started 'Conan Without Borders'. Very funny!!

'The 2 Killings of Sam Cooke' was very informative and interesting until the end. It got a little too "conspiracy theory" for my tastes. His death, while tragic, seemed plausible. But friends and family want to make it out to be so much bigger.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Watching:

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 91iRrGxqXWL._SY445_

It's really cool to get a behind the scenes look at how they tour using their own "Ed Force One" plane.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Started "Bride Of Chucky" today and so far this one's a blast.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 11:16 pm

"The Big Racket" (1976)

A ruthless protection ring is holding an Italian city in a grip of terror, until a two-fisted police inspector (Fabio Testi) organizes a vigilante squad to take on the bad guys outside the law. This gritty "polizzioteschi" flick takes a while to get going but the last half is pretty much non stop sleaze and ultra-violence. Therefore I was entertained.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 am

Sat down with the young fella and watched:

Coach Carter

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm

"Topline" (aka "Alien Terminator," 1988)

Franco Nero is a down-on-his-luck historian/author who stumbles into the story of a lifetime - an ancient alien spacecraft crashed in the jungles of Colombia. However, some shadowy forces want the UFO to remain top secret, and soon they all come gunning for Franco and his lovely lady sidekick.
This Italian schlock fest is a pretty standard low rent riff on "Raiders of the Lost Ark" or "Romancing The Stone" till about the three quarter mark, when it randomly throws in a cyborg assassin and a goo-spewing extraterrestrial out of nowhere.
Whatever it's trying to rip off, "Topline" (even the title makes no sense!) is cheap, dreadfully dull, and incomprehensible at times due to Nero's thick-as-Ragu accent.
AVOID!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Watched another half hour of "Bride Of Chucky" on the elliptical today.  So far this one is easily my favorite in the franchise; it's silly but original fun and most of the one-liners are actually funny.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Watched a 20/20 special on Ted Bundy, I never watch those scandal shows as I call them. It was very informative but hated that they used a cover version of Blondie 'One Way or Another ' before commercial breaks, it just trivialized the horror that he inflected, at least that is the way I felt.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2019 5:58 pm

The Terror Within (1989)

Set in a post apocalyptic world where mankind has been virtually wiped out by an accident biological /chemical agent release, a group of survivors in an underground lab deal with rampaging mutants (that resemble Lord Zedd of the Power Rangers with an alligator's face). When one is unleashed in the compound due to a pregnancy (the mutants reproduce by raping any human women they can find), things turn ugly fast. This was a clunker, coming across as a cross between Alien and Humanoids From The Deep.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:59 am

The Being (1983)

A small Idaho town is plagued by a rash of disappearances/murders that turn out to be the work of a radioactive mutant. Can a local detective and a chemical safety engineer stop it ? Run of the mill flick with an interesting cast including Martin Landau, Jose Ferrer, and Ruth Buzzi.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 12:14 pm

007 wrote:
The Terror Within (1989)

Set in a post apocalyptic world where mankind has been virtually wiped out by an accident biological /chemical agent release, a group of survivors in an underground lab deal with rampaging mutants (that resemble Lord Zedd of the Power Rangers with an alligator's face). When one is unleashed in the compound due to a pregnancy (the mutants reproduce by raping any human women they can find), things turn ugly fast. This was a clunker, coming across as a cross between Alien and Humanoids From The Deep.

I have no idea why but I'm a big fan of this movie. Had a cool conversation some years ago over e-mail with the film's composer. From what it sounds like, composing that synth score was akin to a massive science project haha.

It's a cool little film due to the sincere and fluid direction of Thierry Notz. Dude works in commercials now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Finished Bride Of Chucky today.  This film was a blast!  And pretty gory too.  Next up is "Seed Of Chucky".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 pm

The last thing I watched on TV was the new episode of Family Guy, which was funny.

The last movie I watched is the worst movie I've watched in a long time, Holmes & Watson. The sad thing is that on paper it should be fine, given that John C. Reilly and Will Ferrell worked together well in the past. But the movie is terrible; the critics were right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 5:42 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Started "Seed Of Chucky" today on the elliptical.  At this point in the franchise it's total farce.  From the animation of the opening credits (animated sperm interspliced with Chucky) to Jennifer Tilly starring as herself and being frustrated with only being able to be in Chucky movies (while simultaneously voicing the Tiffany doll) to the Glen Or Glenda references, this is all silly nonsense that's not remotely scary because it's not supposed to be.  And so far I'm diggin' it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 pm

BTW, this song was played during the closing credits of "Bride Of Chucky".  I would have guessed the artist was Buckcherry but I watched all the way through and nope, it's Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies.

I have one album by them but this song isn't on it.  This video also gives you some idea of what "Bride of Chucky" is all about"

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 7:40 pm

A few episodes of the Good Doctor and Frontline episode
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2019 8:44 pm

Funny You Should Ask
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 8:45 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Seed" went straight down the poop shoot.

Man. Between the Glen/Glenda internal conflict, the ludicrous concept of two dolls being able to reproduce, Jennifer Tilley playing a parody kinda version of herself that's being possessed by the spirit of a doll that was possessed by a character Tilley played in the flesh in the prior movie, Redman in one of the great underappreciated roles of all time, Chucky pleasuring himself to a copy of Fango while John Waters takes pictures outside the window...

There is so much to love about Seed of Chucky.

Oh yeah, I'm loving these later entries in the Chucky franchise.  They're total farce and not AT ALL serious but rather very entertaining, extremely dark and gory comedy.  I loved "Bride" and I'm digging "Seed" even more.

And Zombie's right; the in-jokes are hilarious.  Plus there's a lot of wit in the dialogue.  Like when Tilley the actress and Tilley the voice of the puppet are both on the phone in a three way conversation with the actress Tilley's go-fer.

I think you need to give these two another shot FF; they're the most fun, dark comedies I've watched in a long time.  If you go into them looking for horror movies you'll absolutely hate them but if you approach these films with the mindset needed for something like "Meet The Feebles" I think you'll dig 'em.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 5:47 am

Children Of The Snow

A documentary about the unsolved cold case of the Oakland County Child Killer. Back in the mid 70s, someone kidnapped and murdered (and in the case of the boys, also raped) 4 kids aged 11-12. The documentary covers the investigation (and bungling thereof) and various suspects. A very interesting, albeit slightly uncomfortable, film. Especially when covering the underground pedophilia "club" .
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 2:25 am

30 Days of Night(2007)-a small town in Alaska is invaded by a group of vampires just as they enter into the part of the year where the sun doesn't rise for one month, leaving the town night the entire time. As the town is slaughtered and taken over by the vampires, it's up to the sheriff and the few remaining survivors to try to make it through the 30 days of darkness and a find a way to destroy the monsters. I've never really been the biggest fan of the vampire subgenre, but this movie was pretty good for the most part. My only real criticism is the film was just a tad too long for my taste, but overall it was entertaining. I give it 3 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:06 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 7 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 25 ... 44  Next