Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:22 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Joan Jett: Bad Reputation" (2018)

Cool documentary covering the highs and lows of Joan Jett's storied career. Clips and interviews examine her humble beginnings with the Runaways in the 70s, the global superstardom as a solo artist in the 80s, her impact on the "riot grrl" movement in the 90s, and caps things off with her well deserved induction into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in the 2000s. No matter what decade it is, JJ is still badass.

That's cool, where did you see it from? DVD? I'm not a huge fan of hers, but when I was younger I loved the hits they used to play. She's always one of those musicians I keep meaning to explore more of, but never got around to it. Maybe the movie will give me the push I need. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:59 pm

^^ I watched "Bad Reputation" on Hulu.

Today:
"That Guy Dick Miller"

The recent passing of character actor Dick Miller prompted me to check out this charming documentary about his long and interesting career.  Miller was a regular player in Roger Corman's 50s and 60s productions  and parlayed that into lengthy career in B-Movies that lasted well into the 1990s. I knew him best as "Mr. Futterman" in the "Gremlins" movies and as the police chief in "Rock N Roll High School" ("they're ugly...ugly, ugly people") and this flick is filled with clips from so many other movies that made me go "Oh, yeah, he was in that too!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Chapelle's Show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Scared To Death (1981)

AKA Syngenor. A synthetic genetic organism stalks the streets of Los Angeles in search of spinal fluid. It's up to a cop, a former cop-turned novelist, and a coed to stop it. A rather forgettable film with a decent but cheap looking monster. It looks like something out of the Power Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 pm

"Ant-Man and the Wasp" (2018)

Marvel's miniature hero is back for another adventure, this time trying to keep his mentor Hank Pym's tech safe from persistent thieves while Hank heads into the sub-atomic dimension on a rescue mission to save his wife. Fast, funny stuff with great effects and lots of action. Plus, Evangeline "Wasp" Lilly is hot.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 9:37 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 84f9384b8ee586f04335a752900b2ea4e0a630c1
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 10:37 pm

The wife and I recently got Netflix and I am loving the Jerry Seinfeld show, Comedians in Cars Getting coffee. I really like the classic cars he gets and the interviews are cool cuz they are not the late night appearance to plug something. I really like how he geeks out about comedy and what makes something funny. I wish there were a music style (Metal) show like this where a famous musician (like the Coop or DLR, not Eddie Trunk) drove people around and just shot the shit about music and their own fandom without an agenda or plugging anything. That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 7:23 am

Scooby Doo and KISS: Rock n Roll Mystery
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 10:26 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Glass-2019-movie-poster-review
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 6:34 pm

Three's Company
The Ropers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Puppy Bowl 15

I'll watch anything other than the Super-a-Hole Bowl.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Annihilation (2018)

Natalie Portman as a former soldier turned biologist tasked with joining an expedition into a quarantined zone where former expeditions entered and never returned. What they discover is a landscape where everything is mutating. Despite the video game premise, this one kind of fell apart for me. Rather disappointing.

The Dead Pit (1989)

A mad scientist doing brain surgeries on patients devastate hospital is confronted by a colleague. After a small scuffs the colleague Lila the doctor. Does he contact the police? Nope, he boards up the basement and seals it off. 20 years later, an ultra hit amnesiac checks into the hospital. The very same day, an earthquake releases the doctor and,eventually, his undead army of former victims. Can the hottie stop them? A rather run of the mill zombie flick with a twist you can see coming a mile away.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 8:30 pm

I remember The Dead Pit for the interesting 3-D cover art it had back in the day; embossed, raised zombies on the cover.  It's the only reason I ever even watched the flick.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 am

007 wrote:
Annihilation (2018)

Natalie Portman as a former soldier turned biologist tasked with joining an expedition into a quarantined zone where former expeditions entered and never returned. What they discover is a landscape where everything is mutating. Despite the video game premise, this one kind of fell apart for me. Rather disappointing.

Yeah I didn't dig it either, which surprised me because I love Alex Garland's work as writer and director. This one sells its ideas short, though, and underdelivers as a thinking-man's movie. The critics cried "cerebral!" when it arrived but I found it rather shallow. Great-looking, with some killer use of creature-CGI, but mostly much ado about nothing. And I don't think there's a single viewer out there that enjoyed that ending haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 4:40 pm

True Detective on HBO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Barney Miller
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 pm

Tonight I watched Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened on Netflix.

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 20if6tw

This is a documentary about the unraveling of the Fyre music festival in 2017.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 10:43 am

Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. Holy buckets!!

I can't believe people could be so naive or how that daughter could ever forgive her parents.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Three's Company
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 am

The Wizard of Gore(2007)-horror/noir about a reporter who is writing a story about Montag the Magnificent, a magician who seemingly dismembers people in his stage show, only for them to turn up dead days later. While trying to get to the bottom of the story, the reporter finds out he might be more involved in the murders than he realized. This remake of the HG Lewis splatter classic didn't really do it for me as I found the movie rather dull and confusing at times, especially during the last few minutes of the film. The original Wizard of Gore wasn't exactly what I would call a great movie either, but I would say the despite having a much bigger budget and some name actors, this remake still didn't out do the original Wizard. I'll give this one 2 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Slave To The Grind. It's a documentary about the beginnings of grindcore up to it's current state.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Started Child's Play on the elliptical today.  It's part of the 7 disc blu ray box set I bought a month or so ago.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Started Child's Play on the elliptical today.  It's part of the 7 disc blu ray box set I bought a month or so ago.

Have you seen the last couple entries? I thought Cult of Chucky was surprisingly fun; it made me want to check out Bride and Curse (if I have those names right).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:06 pm

I think I've only seen the first 3 but every entry I've seen in this franchise was at least entertaining.  So when I saw the blu ray box set of all 7 flicks for less than $20 I pounced on it.  Added bonus:  the collection comes in a box with a creepy-cool, 3D holographic Chucky on the front.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think I've only seen the first 3 but every entry I've seen in this franchise was at least entertaining.  So when I saw the blu ray box set of all 7 flicks for less than $20 I pounced on it.  Added bonus:  the collection comes in a box with a creepy-cool, 3D holographic Chucky on the front.

I'm looking at it now, so cool haha. If I ever get back into collecting movies that'll be my first grab.

I stand by those first three films. They're so easy to digest and are a tier better in quality and sincerity than most horror films of the day. I seriously don't know which one I like better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 5 of 44Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next