Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 5:51 am

American Horror Story:Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Schlock-tober entry #5:
"Flight 666" (2018)

Passengers on a red-eye flight from L.A. to New York are in for an even more hellish travel experience than usual, when the plane flies into an epic thunder and lightning storm, then gets invaded by vengeful spirits. Yeah, I hate when that happens too.

...obviously this is not the Iron Maiden concert film with the same name, haha. It's an entertainingly cheesy mashup of air disaster and horror flicks from our pals at the Asylum that  faithfully recycles all the cliches of both genres. The end result is actually one of their better flicks, with none of their usual D-list celebrity stunt casting and not a Sharknado in sight. Who'da thunk it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Schlock-tober entry #6:
"Wrong Turn" (2003)

A group of twenty-somethings (including Jeremy "Law & Order" Sisto and Eliza "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Dushku) are pursued through the West Virginia backwoods by a clan of murderous inbred cannibals. Lots of mindless, gory fun...and hell, I'll watch Eliza Dushku in just about anything Wink
Followed by at least five sequels but I've never investigated any further than "2."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 pm

The Witch (2015)

A Puritan family,after a disagreement over the interpretation of the New Testament, leaves their settlement to embark on their own, eventually settling on a remote location. Soon, strange occurrences begin,starting with the disappearance of their infant son. It goes downhill from there. This is a well paced movie with some creepy happenings and good acting, considering the dialogue (kudos to the kid playing the middle aged son, he pulled it off well).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 5:51 pm

Venom (2018)

Tom Hardy as the Marvel anti hero (I always preferred him as a flat out villain) in this Ain't produced film, not related to the rest of the much larger MCU. I thought this was a decent enough flick but the fan boy in me regrets the non involvement of a certain wall crawling superhero.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Schlock-tober entry #6:
"Wrong Turn" (2003)

A group of twenty-somethings (including Jeremy "Law & Order" Sisto and Eliza "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Dushku) are pursued through the West Virginia backwoods by a clan of murderous inbred cannibals. Lots of mindless, gory fun...and hell, I'll watch Eliza Dushku in just about anything Wink
Followed by at least five sequels but I've never investigated any further than "2."

I really like that movie.  And you're right, I too could watch Eliza Dushku in just about anything especially when she's wearing tight-fitting tops.

And don't venture any further than 2.  I made the mistake of going as far as 4 and that's time I'll never get back.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Austin City Limits with St. Vincent
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Took a break from the Schlock-tober festivities today to catch up on my comic-book nerd requirements...

"Justice League" (2017)

With Superman dead, Batman needs to recruit some new super-powered players like Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash to help him and Wonder Woman take on the other-dimensional villain Steppenwolf and his armada of para-demons...who of course wants to destroy the world. Just another day at the office, in other words.
"Justice League" isn't perfect but it's faster-paced, less talky and way more fun to watch than the morose "Man of Steel" and "Batman vs Superman." This super-hero combo platter injects some much-needed life into the DC Universe series, but I wonder if it may be too late, since this flick under-performed at the box office, and current rumor has it that Henry Cavill is done with Superman and Ben Affleck wants out of The Bat as well.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 4:54 pm

^^^ That was better than I expected but it still wasn't any great shakes. The DCEU is a shambles. That Aquaman film doesn't look too bad though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Venompostertransform

Very, very dull and forgettable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Took a break from the Schlock-tober festivities today to catch up on my comic-book nerd requirements...

"Justice League" (2017)

With Superman dead, Batman needs to recruit some new super-powered players like Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash to help him and Wonder Woman take on the other-dimensional villain Steppenwolf and his armada of para-demons...who of course wants to destroy the world. Just another day at the office, in other words.
"Justice League" isn't perfect but it's faster-paced, less talky and way more fun to watch than the morose "Man of Steel" and "Batman vs Superman." This super-hero combo platter injects some much-needed life into the DC Universe series, but I wonder if it may be too late, since this flick under-performed at the box office, and current rumor has it that Henry Cavill is done with Superman and Ben Affleck wants out of The Bat as well.

I saw Justice League with my dad because I had discounted tickets (so we only paid a matinee level price for a 3D movie). I thought it was better than Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, but only slightly. He thought it was just OK.

While slightly better, it suffered from a lot of the same problems its predecessor did.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Warner Bros. should just scrap the whole thing, I think. Unless Aquaman can save the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

I thought Aquaman was the best thing about Justice League,... well, that and Wonder Woman''s short skirt, haha.

...but yea, DC has been so busy chasing Marvel's tails that their whole "Universe" has become a dumpster fire. They should dial it back to a series of stand-alone films instead of trying to follow Marvel''s interlocking formula.

.... it's a shame though. I may be in the minority, but I'd love to see Ben Affleck do a solo Batman film, esp if he directed it. None of the big splashy CGI end of the world bullshit like "JL," just a down & dirty Batman story with him fighting the street scum of Gotham in the alleyways and the sewers. I think he'd be badass at that.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Quote :
.... it's a shame though. I may be in the minority, but I'd love to see Ben Affleck do a solo Batman film, esp if he directed it. None of the big splashy CGI end of the world bullshit like "JL," just a down & dirty Batman story with him fighting the street scum of Gotham in the alleyways and the sewers. I think he'd be badass at that.

That's what the Gotham TV series is for.  I'm rewatching all the seasons from the beginning in preparation for the 13 episode final season coming up and I'm again amazed that this stuff was on broadcast TV; it's so gory and sexual for prime time on a major network.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm

The Walking Dead season premiere
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm

I just watched the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 am

Schlock-tober entry #7:
"Nightmare City" (aka "City of the Walking Dead," 1980)

A radioactive spill turns city dwellers into a horde of ultra-violent, throat slashing, machine-gunning,  blood drinking zombies. Can a TV news reporter and his wife get out of the city before it's completely overrun by the monsters?
Umberto Lenzi's action-packed, late-inning "Dawn of the Dead" knock off has been one of my favorite Italian sleaze-n-splatter flicks for years, in spite of its many flaws. It's never dull - it gets off to a ridiculous start and then keeps the WTF meter jammed into the red for its entire run time. Plot holes abound, the English dialogue is awkward, the dubbing sucks, the makeup and gore FX are hilariously cheap, and the ending is a total cop-out. Make no mistake, this movie is terrible... but it''s so terrible that it's actually kind of awesome.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 6:49 am

Castle Freak (1995)

An American family inherits a castle in the Italian countryside that happens to house a deformed monster in the basement. As the family stays at the castle until they can sell it off, the monster naturally escapes and begins to wreak the usual havoc. I thought this was a rather enjoyable film starring Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton (both from Re-Animator as well).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 pm

^^^^^^

I saw that a LONG time ago and remember enjoying it.  Of course the only reason I even gave it the time of day was because a bunch of folks from Reanimator were in it.

Side Note:  I just happen to be up to the first episode of Gotham I ever saw and it's the one with Jeffrey Combs playing the manager of the Arkham asylum.  What ends up happening to him in the next episode is hilariously horrible and Combs plays it to the hilt.  He's the whole reason I became a fan of "Gotham"; as soon as I saw him in it and watched as somebody cut out their own eye and stomp on it so he couldn't have it, I was hooked.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 am

My Name Is Bruce(2007)-In this comedy/horror spoof, B movie favorite Bruce Campbell stars as....Bruce Campbell! Bruce(who also directs and co-produces the film) has fallen on hard times as his acting career is in the toilet, as he is only able to land acting roles in crappy, low budget schlock movies. Not helping matters is his drinking problem, his useless agent and his ex-wife who is taking him to the cleaners. He is soon kidnapped by a uber fan of his and taken back to the small town of Goldlick. It turns out that an ancient demon has accidently been released and the not-too-bright towns folk(who have a hard time telling the difference between fantasy and reality) want Bruce to destroy the demon for them as they had seen him do it in all The Evil Dead movies. Of course all Bruce wants to do is get the hell out of town(and bang the local hot milf). If your a Bruce fan, then this movie is right up your alley. If not, it's still a decent watch. I give it 2.5 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 5:58 am

The Goldbergs
American Housewife
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

That 70's Show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Supernatural season premiere
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am

Full Circle :The Birth,Death & Rebirth Of Circle Of Dust
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Catching up on Family Guy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 29 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next