Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 am

"Live And Let Die" (1973)

Roger Moore's first mission as 007 was obviously inspired by the then-current "blaxploitation" film craze, as James Bond visits Harlem, New Orleans and the Caribbean on the trail of an island diplomat and heroin smuggler (Yaphet Kotto) with a voodoo witch doctor and a tarot card reader on his payroll.
This one has not aged particularly well but it was a mostly entertainingdebut for Sir Roger, and of course the theme song by Paul McCartney is a stone cold classic.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 9:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Kolchak the Night Stalker

The move or the series?  I love and own both.
The series.  I've never seen the movie yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 2:41 pm

"1922" (2017)

A Nebraska farmer attempts to cover up his wife's murder, which leads to a series of increasingly unfortunate events in this slow burning Netflix original, based on a Stephen King novella (which I am unfamiliar with). This flick is about fifteen minutes too long but otherwise it's a well done, occasionally disturbing little period piece, with a great performance by Thomas Jane as the murderous hubby.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 pm

"Sinister Squad" (2016)

If you thought DC's "Suicide Squad" was bad, wait till you get a load of this knock-off from our friends at The Asylum. In "Sinister Squad," fairy tale characters Alice and Goldilocks assemble a team of storybook villains including Rumplestiltskin, the Queen of Hearts, and The Big Bad Wolf to help them battle Death himself, who wants to escape into the "real" world... or something. The story quickly descends into a hopeless muddle, and all you're left with is a bunch of bad actors in Halloween store costumes, running around a warehouse beating the crap out of each other for 90 minutes.
AVOID.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Sinister Squad" (2016)

If you thought DC's "Suicide Squad" was bad, wait till you get a load of this knock-off from our friends at The Asylum. In "Sinister Squad," fairy tale characters Alice and Goldilocks assemble a team of storybook villains including Rumplestiltskin, the Queen of Hearts, and The Big Bad Wolf to help them battle Death himself, who wants to escape into the "real" world... or something. The story quickly descends into a hopeless muddle, and all you're left with is a bunch of bad actors in Halloween store costumes, running around a warehouse beating the crap out of each other for 90 minutes.
AVOID.

That actually sounded like it had potential up until the elipses (...)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Quote :

That actually sounded like it had potential up until the elipses (...)

It was a total shit show, and mind you that's coming from the guy who usually enjoys Asylum movies Laughing very hard

Seriously, I think they were making this one up as they went along. By the midway point I was like "Wait... what the f*ck is this supposed to be about, again?" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 2:17 am

Halloween II(2009)-Rob Zombie's sequel to his own 2007 "remake" of the classic slasher. Michael Meyers is once again on the loose two years later and looking for his sister while slaughtering anyone who is unlucky enough to cross his path. That's pretty much the story. This one like the first movie was seemingly universally hate when it was first released. I seem to be one of the few who admits to being a fan of Zombie's first Halloween and didn't think this one was that bad either. Sure, there is some flaws with this one(especially the part about the white horse crap and the dialogue was often silly). Overall, this is a ultra-violent, vulgar, trashy take on the Michael Myers mythos. In other words, it's just like the first film. I dug it, warts and all. I give it 3 out 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 am

The Goldbergs
American Housewife
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 6:50 pm

More of my rewatch of "Gotham" in preparation for the series finale next year.

Today's episode introduced the "Hugo Strange" character and he's one of my favorites.

This scene where Penguin meets Strange was in today's episode. The guy who plays Strange is just sooooo creepy:

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 am

"Comic Book Villains" (2002)

Rival comic book store owners wage war on each other while trying to get their hands on a massive collection of vintage comics ... whose owner is reluctant to sell.
If this movie had a slightly bigger mean streak, "Comic Book Villains" could have been a slacker/nerd culture cult classic ala "Fanboys" or "Clerks."  As it is, it's a mildly entertaining heist/caper comedy set in the comic-book world, with a great cast incl. Donal Logue, DJ Qualls, and Natasha Lyonne.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Supernatural
American Horror Story:Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Supernatural
American Horror Story:Apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:47 am

The Tingler (1959)

The late great Vincent Price as a doctor who discovers a parasite that is in all living things song their spines. It causes the spine tingling sensation one feels when scared and if the person can't scream it can cause spinal damage and even death; a theory tested by Price's associate's on his deaf mute wife. Soon, the Tingler is on the loose. This is a movie I've heard of but never seen. I thought it was goofy fun but I'll watch just about anything with Price in it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm

I saw that a long time ago but the only thing I remember was being disappointed by it. But I saw it as a teenager so who knows what I'd think now.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody- Great film, a bit inaccurate as far as timelines of certain albums and points of their career, and the usual director making changes to get the story moving forward, but highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:35 pm

manny wrote:
Bohemian Rhapsody- Great film, a bit inaccurate as far as timelines of certain albums and points of their career, and the usual director making changes to get the story moving forward, but highly recommended.

I definitely want to see that. Queen was my favorite band back in the day.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:

I definitely want to see that.  Queen was my favorite band back in the day.

You will love it, just do not expect to be an accurate depiction of their career or lives.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 8:41 pm

The Simpson's
Bob's Burgers
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 9:31 pm

I just finished watching the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 pm

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Gotham - I just watched the episode where The Penguin meets his father Paul Reubens. Yes, The Penguin is Pee Wee Herman's son.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Gotham - I just watched the episode where The Penguin meets his father Paul Reubens.   Yes, The Penguin is Pee Wee Herman's son.

If memory serves, Pee Wee made a previous appearance as the Penguin's father in the opening scenes of "Batman Returns" (1992).

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:24 pm

He's actually quite good as a serious, dramatic actor.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 am

Vulgar
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Vulgar

I've seen that and while it's a bit of a rough view, it's certainly not "A Serbian Film". I think a lot of people who review "Vulgar" were expecting Clerks or Mallrats because Kevin Smith's name is attached to it.

"Vulgar" does actually have some very dark comedic elements but it's definitely not a comedy.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 33 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next