Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

35 Years ago today

Go down 
+9
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
candlemass
glassprison
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
Wurthless
brokentulsa
13 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 am

On November 7, 1981 Ozzy Osbourne released Diary of A Madman. The album features The late great Randy Rhoads on guitar...It spawned the hits Flying High again, Over The Mountain and You Can't Kill Rock N Roll. This album is a must own for all serious metal collectors. Many different remasters and anniversary versions have come out over the years but none of them touch the original release... When it came out it was released on 8track, Cassette and Vinyl..

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:38 am

Great album! This one got played at every party we threw. Great memories.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 2:39 am

one of my favorite metal albums of all time
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 9:02 am

Love this and Blizzard, (both of which I have first press vinyls of) two of the most iconic albums ever released. Say what you want about ozzy, he's responsible for some incredible music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:07 am

Love most of ozzy's 80s material. Glad to own most of his discography.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:07 am

Love most of ozzy's 80s material. Glad to own most of his discography.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 1:19 pm

The handful of singles from this album are classic, but songs like "Believer," "Little Dolls," "Tonight," and "S.A.T.O." are rather forgettable in my view. The title track is my favorite part of the album, and a perfect closer.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 1:56 pm

glassprison wrote:
The handful of singles from this album are classic, but songs like "Believer," "Little Dolls," "Tonight," and "S.A.T.O." are rather forgettable in my view.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:39 pm

glassprison wrote:
The handful of singles from this album are classic, but songs like "Believer," "Little Dolls," "Tonight," and "S.A.T.O." are rather forgettable in my view. The title track is my favorite part of the album, and a perfect closer.

LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:40 pm

My favorite Ozzy album. All killer no filler.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 pm

candlemass wrote:
glassprison wrote:
The handful of singles from this album are classic, but songs like "Believer," "Little Dolls," "Tonight," and "S.A.T.O." are rather forgettable in my view.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
glassprison wrote:

LOL.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Still a classic.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
glassprison wrote:

LOL.
Let me add to that......Baaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha...HA!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 pm

glassprison wrote:

Suspect

Well, to each their own I guess. I think this one doesn't have one forgettable tune on it. Classic !
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 9:53 pm

One of my all-time favorites, hands down. Diary was one of the first metal albums I bought as a kid, used to play the cassette on my old tape recorder and rewind Randy's solos. To me there's not a bad song on that album, same goes for the Blizzard of Ozz album, just really awesome compositions.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 am

Those first two albums are pretty much untouchable
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 5:54 am

Favorite Ozzy album. My Ozzy holy trinity it Diary, Bark, and Ultimate Sin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

35 Years ago today Empty
PostSubject: Re: 35 Years ago today   35 Years ago today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

35 Years ago today
Page 1 of 1