Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary

Go down 
+2
Wurthless
deathisgain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Empty
PostSubject: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Anybody here watch this? I thought it was pretty cool.

Quote :
Nigel Planer narrates a documentary which traces the origins and development of British heavy metal from its humble beginnings in the industrialized Midlands to its proud international triumph.

In the late 1960s a number of British bands were forging a new kind of sound. Known as hard rock, it was loud, tough, energetic and sometimes dark in outlook. They didn't know it, but Deep Purple, Uriah Heep and, most significantly, Black Sabbath were defining what first became heavy rock and then eventually heavy metal.
Inspired by blues rock, progressive rock, classical music and high energy American rock, they synthesized the sound that would inspire bands like Judas Priest to take metal even further during the 70s.

By the 80s its originators had fallen foul of punk rock, creative stasis or drug and alcohol abuse. But a new wave of British heavy metal was ready to take up the crusade. With the success of bands like Iron Maiden, it went global.

Contributors include Lemmy from Motorhead, Sabbath's Tony Iommi, Ian Gillan from Deep Purple, Judas Priest singer Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden and Saxon's Biff Byford.

Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 12:51 am

This looks super interesting. I'll have to check that out! I mean, it's likely stuff we all already know, but I'd like to see how they handle presenting the information.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6334

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 1:32 am

Is this new?
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 6:51 pm

Lari wrote:
Is this new?
IMDB lists it at 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 am

I think I've seen it then.

If I find the time, maybe I'll watch again.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:00 am

Nice video. Doesn't offer anything new though for old metalheads.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 10:08 pm

That was a fun watch. Laughed a few times.
I'm one of those who dug metal and punk - that street style.
Glam bothered me. And it didn't go away...till grunge came in.
Biff...Motörhead....Gillian....Diamond Head...fun watch.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 3:00 am

Think I've seen it before, but will have to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 pm

I watched it tonight. I had seen it before, it's part of this series the BBC did. It was well worth watching again though.

Good stuff, definitely. And there were boobs. Do watch it.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Lari wrote:
And there were boobs. Do watch it.

i'm sold Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary   BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BBC Four - Heavy Metal Britannia Documentary
Page 1 of 1