Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film

Go down 
+3
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

"Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Empty
PostSubject: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:18 pm

All you old school vinyl/memorabilia collectors, if you've got 45 minutes to kill, check out this video. This guy's got some cool stuff.

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/heavy_metal_basement/

Synopsis: Heavy metal music aficionado Jim Powell takes filmmaker Jeff Krulik, of Heavy Metal Parking Lot fame, on a tour of his basement museum in suburban Maryland. Jim displays his extensive collection of heavy metal memorabilia and in a sit-down interview, offers an exhaustive discussion on the discography of the seminal heavy metal band Judas Priest. From the E1 Entertainment DVD release.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I ordered a TENSION CD from Jim Powell once. Great band and a wise purchase!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I ordered a TENSION CD from Jim Powell once. Great band and a wise purchase!

I noticed that he's got a WARDOG (which featured ex-Tension dude Tom Gattis) poster on the wall in his basement, too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:28 am

This was awesome!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:51 am

Saw this last night on FB when FF posted it very cool, this little film was an extra on Heavy Metal Parking Lot DVD, which is a good thing since that original little film is only 15 minutes long
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:50 pm

manny wrote:
Saw this last night on FB when FF posted it very cool, this little film was an extra on Heavy Metal Parking Lot DVD, which is a good thing since that original little film is only 15 minutes long

I don't remember that on my dvd, will look for it, but there are a bunch of other similar documentaries added instead, like Neil Diamond Parking Lot and on Harry Potter fans.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Hes the guy on that dvd that has a shaved head and goes thru all his judas priest vinyl.Anyone know how i could in touch with him?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

speed101 wrote:
Hes the guy on that dvd that has a shaved head and goes thru all his judas priest vinyl.Anyone know how i could in touch with him?

Yes that is him and I have no idea how you get hold of him try FB.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 pm

As much as I love Heavy Metal Parking Lot (growing up in Maryland at the time it plays like a straight serious documentary for me), I have to admit Heavy Metal Basement is my favorite thing on the dvd. That and them tracking down Zebraman.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Zebraman.He says all that punk smurf poo belongs up there on Mars and Madonna can go to hell.LOL
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:02 am

It cracks me up everytime the interviewer get's excited about a band or an albu mentioned, and Jim just sort of ignores him! He can't be bothered with what someone else thinks or likes! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film   "Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Heavy Metal Basement" - cool documentary film
Page 1 of 1