Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Metal Britannia documentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

This looks interesting. The same people produced the excellent Prog Rock Britannia documentary.

I haven't watched it yet but most likely will tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 7:40 pm

cool

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 10:21 pm

I just watched it. I never grow tired of these documentaries.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 pm

That was pretty good - thanks for posting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 am

Now that was a fun watch.  The Prog Rock Britannia documentary has the same setup and style.  British documentaries generally have better writing and I thought this one was quite good.  

For the early years you can tell they were lacking a wealth of musical and video material, so the selections are kind of sparse, but the quality of the interviews make up for it.  Interesting that Burke from Budgie doesn't see them as being in the same category as Deep Purple or Black Sabbath.  

I've always leaned toward British music, so seeing just this side of the metal equation was cool.  I've never seen those Diamond Head music videos either, so bonus points!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 am

I liked the interview where Bruce Dickinson was being a fanboy.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 am

This series is incredible. My favorites are Prog Britannia, Krautrock: Germany's Rebirth, and Synth Britannia. Those have introduced me to some AMAZING bands that don't get nearly enough recognition or airplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal Britannia documentary   Heavy Metal Britannia documentary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Metal Britannia documentary
Page 1 of 1