Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 1:36 am

Madness of the Foul Trailer

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 8:56 am

"Fanboys" (2009)

It's 1998 and four lifelong Star Wars nerds can't wait to see "Episode I"... so they take a cross-country road trip from Ohio to San Fran, hoping to break into Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch and sneak a peek at a rough cut of the movie. Naturally they encounter numerous obstacles - including cops, automotive troubles, angry Trekkies, and a killer pimp - along the way. A charming, hilarious road movie/coming of age story/nerd comedy that's become one of my favorite funny flicks in recent years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Fanboys" (2009)

It's 1998 and four lifelong Star Wars nerds can't wait to see "Episode I"... so they take a cross-country road trip from Ohio to San Fran, hoping to break into Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch and sneak a peek at a rough cut of the movie. Naturally they encounter numerous obstacles - including cops, automotive troubles, angry Trekkies, and a killer pimp - along the way. A charming, hilarious road movie/coming of age story/nerd comedy that's become one of my favorite funny flicks in recent years.

I remember watching that when it was a new-ish release and finding it pretty darn funny. Wouldn't mind seeing it again to see if it holds up as well as I remember.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Quote :
I remember watching that when it was a new-ish release and finding it pretty darn funny. Wouldn't mind seeing it again to see if it holds up as well as I remember.

This was my 2nd or 3rd time seeing it, and yup, it's still a hoot.

One part that's especially funny for me is the character "Hutch" (the chubby, Rush obsessed driver of the van) looks and acts almost exactly like a good friend of mine from college. Seriously, it's eerie. Almost everything about the guy in the movie - the hair, the build, the general demeanor and attitude, the sci-fi and comic book nerdism, etc. is almost a Xerox copy of my buddy Ernest... except for the Rush addiction. As far as I can remember, Ernest never listened to Rush. The rest is pretty much spot-on though. Very Happy

...even funnier is that he's seen the movie, and though I (and several other mutual friends) have mentioned the resemblance to him, he sez "Really? Hmmm, I don't see it." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Did you ever see his Sam Kinison impression...

This was a screen test for a Sam Kinison biopic ('Brother Sam') that never came to be.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Night Court
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Penny Dreadful Season 2, episodes 6,7, & 8
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 10:40 am

Watched this last night...

Highly recommended.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 2:35 pm

We are Twisted Fn Sister
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Vinyl
Peaky Blinders
Attempt to Fear the Boring Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Gotham

It's sort of gotten silly.  Reanimated corpse of corrupt Gotham mayor is now masked assassin with superhuman strength and outstanding sword skills.  What?

The Hugo Strange character is golden though; I can't wait to see him and his sidekick Ms. Peabody get their comeuppance. 

Oh and the kid playing Bruce Wayne is getting darker and darker.  It's a nice metamorphosis into The Batman.  But this crap with the villains is just silly.  Except Penguin, he's still great.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Hugo Strange was always a great character,

Just got back from Captain America:Civil War. What a great flick! Everything was done right,including the new characters (Black Panther and Spider-Man). I'd go see it again.

Last edited by 007 on Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm not familiar with the comic book versions of these characters but the actor playing Strange seems perfect to me.  He's powerful (since he runs Arkham), smart and totally malevolent. And he plays the character like he's god-like.  Even his sycophant Ms. Peabody has questioned some of his actions.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 10:39 pm

Hugo Strange is one of Batman's first recurring adversaries, predating both the Joker and Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 11:10 pm

"Minions" (2015)

The little yellow bug-eyed guys from the "Despicable Me" flicks get their own movie and it details the origin of their species, from prehistoric times to the swinging 1960s. Three brave Minions leave their tribe's home in search of a new "boss" and end up in London working for a female supervillain named "Scarlet Overkill" (Sandra Bullock) who wants to become the next Queen. Very funny cartoon slapstick, my kids and I laughed all the way thru it.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 06, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 11:12 pm

The little ones in my family love that Minions movie

Last edited by 007 on Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 9:09 am

Captain America: Civil War - Good thing Batman Vs Superman came out first, this one is the proper way to have supes fight. BvS would have been a bomb the size of Ishtar or Cutthroat Island had it come out later.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 9:12 am

"Justice League: Gods and Monsters" (2015)

A strange DC Animated feature that takes place in an  "alternate universe" in which Superman is the son of General Zod instead of Jor-El, Wonder Woman is Darkseid's daughter-in-law, and Batman is a high tech vampire. The trio are being framed for the murders of Earth's most brilliant scientists and their investigation leads to much blasting, bashing and zapping.
Nicely animated and action packed as usual, but these versions of the classic superheroes were a little too "outside the box" for me.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 9:58 am

"The Tiffany Memorandum" (1967)

More Sixties Eurospy nonsense with Ken Clark (fresh from his three movie stint as "Agent 077") as a crusading American reporter who gets caught up in international intrigue after he witnesses an assassination in Paris. Sounds promising but this may be the worst 007 knockoff I've watched yet. The performances are uniformly awful, the plot is an overly complicated, confusing, muddled mess and the flick drags along at a snail's pace. There isn't even any halfway decent female eye candy to break up the monotony. The only good thing about this movie is the cool, jazzy score. Otherwise, avoid!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 10:17 am

Captain America - Civil War
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Just got done watching the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Been years since I've seen it, forgot how much I loved that movie.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 7:18 pm

Girlfriend and I went to the drive-in the other day and saw:

Bad Neighbours 2

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 9:36 pm

I just watched the new Family Guy episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 9:36 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2016 9:08 am

Penny Dreadful Season 2, Episodes 9 & 10; Season 3, Episodes 1 & 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next