Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 7:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Rabid is good.  It's prototypical Cronenberg and his obsession with "body morphing".

It's one of the first examples of the theme he later revisits in films like Videodrome, The Fly, Existenz and Night Breed.

Cronenberg is one of my favorite directors but he sure is obsessed with this.
Yes, much better movie all around. Didn't realize Cronenberg did that one. I like most of his stuff that I've seen. I still remember seeing Scanners for the first time, that head scene freaked me out back then lol

Changing things up a bit now, and entering the 21st century with my next movie called Hush. It's streaming on Netflix, figure I'd give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:23 pm

Hush was decent, but it's a story told a thousand times over in horror flicks. Speaking of a story told a thousand times over, I am currently watching the 1979 version of Dracula. Been twenty plus years since I've seen this one, but I do remember liking it quite a bit when I was a kid.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm

Is that the Frank Langella one? I remember liking it when I saw it in the theater but hating it when I saw it again years later.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 9:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Is that the Frank Langella one?  I remember liking it when I saw it in the theater but hating it when I saw it again years later.
yeah that's the one. It's almost over, and I like it still. I like the one with Wynona Ryder in it better, but this one is okay.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 10:12 pm

Moving on now. Watching the scream queen herself, in Prom Night. Been forever since I've seen this one, hopefully it's good cause I don't remember a thing about it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 10:50 pm

Pretty typical slasher fare if I remember correctly but I haven't seen it in ages either. I seem to remember it not being very gory.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 12:19 am

tohostudios wrote:
Pretty typical slasher fare if I remember correctly but I haven't seen it in ages either.  I seem to remember it not being very gory.
Yeah not very good, kinda boring. Lots of disco dancing and music, so if that's your thing you might like it lol

So now I'm about half way thru the original Nightmare on Elm street. Too bad the other movies added the comedy carp in them, trying to make Freddy funny and scary. I hate that in most horror movies. The first one is straight up horror, and by far one of my favorites.

One...two...Freddy's coming for you...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 1:52 am

Well after a twelve hour marathon of blood and guts, I'm ending it on one last Freddy movie. Watching Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Not a bad movie, but only saw it once when it first came out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 7:46 am

Watched the original Fright Night (1985).

William Ragsdale as a teenager who discovers that his new neighbor is a vampire (played by Chris Sarandon). He enlists the aid of a local horror movie host (the late, great Roddy McDowell) to stop the vampire's killing spree. I've seen this one quite a few times but still find it very good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Pretty typical slasher fare if I remember correctly but I haven't seen it in ages either.  I seem to remember it not being very gory.
Yeah not very good, kinda boring. Lots of disco dancing and music, so if that's your thing you might like it lol

So now I'm about half way thru the original Nightmare on Elm street. Too bad the other movies added the comedy carp in them, trying to make Freddy funny and scary. I hate that in most horror movies. The first one is straight up horror, and by far one of my favorites.

One...two...Freddy's coming for you...

Totally agree. The original Nightmare is still scary. Also the film debut of Johnny Depp.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 am

007 wrote:
Watched the original Fright Night (1985).

William Ragsdale as a teenager who discovers that his new neighbor is a vampire (played by Chris Sarandon). He enlists the aid of a local horror movie host (the late, great Roddy McDowell) to stop the vampire's killing spree. I've seen this one quite a few times but still find it very good.

I used to love this movie but when I learned about the lurid "acting" path Stephen Geoffreys embarked on after this movie I just can't look at it the same way.  It also didn't help when I realized Amy is played by none other than Amanda Bearse (Marcy D'arcy of "Married With Children"). Although the ending ("Ooooh Brewster....you're so cool....") is still creepy.

I never even bothered with the remake.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 9:14 am

I never bothered with the remake either. And as for Geoffreys' career path....I just completely ignore it.

Speaking of him, I noticed that another channel was showing 976-EVIL last night but it came on too late for me to catch it (plus it was running up against the original Evil Dead, and that would have gotten my viewership if I could have stayed up).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 10:29 am

I love the original Fright Night! I revisited it about a year ago and it still holds up very well. The little-seen 1988 sequel (directed by Tommy Lee "Halloween III" Wallace) is worth a look too.

I actually thought the Fright Night remake was halfway decent. Not a must-see but I didn't throw anything at the screen, either. Chris Sarandon (the original "Jerry Dandridge") made a brief cameo in it, which was cool.

Geoffreys', errrr, shall we say, "non-mainstream" film activity never made much diff to me. After "Fright Night" I think I only saw him in two other movies - the aforementioned "976-EVIL" and a haunted-prison movie called "The Chair," both of which sucked... so hey, he can hump buffalo on camera for all I care, as long as I don't have to watch. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Trick 'r Treat

Forgot what a great movie this is! Maybe one of the 2-3 best Halloween-themed movies. I like how all of the stories tie in to each other.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 7:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Trick 'r Treat

Forgot what a great movie this is! Maybe one of the 2-3 best Halloween-themed movies. I like how all of the stories tie in to each other.

Ooh yeah! Love this flick, I was planning to pull out the DVD last night to cap off my Halloween viewing season ... But I fell asleep! Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Trick 'r Treat

Ooh yeah! Love this flick, I was planning to pull out the DVD last night to cap off my Halloween viewing season ... But I fell asleep! Sad

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Welcome to Old Fart World. 

The "fell asleep before I got to movie "X" has been happening to me for about a decade now.

And I don't have any kids so I presume your decline will be worse.  \'arry \'eadbanger

-------

http://www.heartofmetal.net/viewtopic.forum?t=23785

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40