Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+25
akeldama
DallasBlack
ZombieHavoc
the sentinel
Wurthless
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
Thelemech
manny
Boris2008
chewie
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
James B.
thejokeriv
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
tohostudios
exact33
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Empty
PostSubject: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:42 pm

New Year, new thread.

"American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt" (1989)

An American martial-arts expert travels overseas for a tournament and ends up caught in the middle of a terrorist plot involving evil ninjas. Don'cha hate when that happens? The usual mayhem ensues, of course.  

Granted, the first two "American Ninjas" starring Michael Dudikoff weren't exactly Shakespeare, but this cheaper-looking-than-usual third go round makes them look like solid gold. Dudikoff sat this one out (though he apparently returned for part 4, which I haven't seen) so he's been replaced here by the equally wooden David Bradley - whose butt kicking moves are impressive but he can't act worth a lick. Cheesy, chop-socky fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Come Back To Me (2014) what started out as a by the numbers psychological thriller takes an unexpected turn into another direction with an ending I hadn't expected. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Rosemary's Baby
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18914

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 1:19 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:26 am

"The Doll Squad" (1973)

A team of gorgeous female secret agents battle a madman who's planning to unleash a plague on the world. This ultra-cheesy, super-low-budget action/exploitation flick never comes close to living up to its awesome premise or its poster art. The ladies are nice to look at but the flick moves at a snail's pace and the "action" sequences are so poorly staged that they're unintentionally hilarious.
Producer/director Ted V. Mikels once claimed that the makers of "Charlie's Angels" ripped off the idea from this movie. If that's the case, gimme "Charlie's Angels" any day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 11:04 am

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (35mm film version)

Really glad to see one of the analog prints of The Force Awakens yesterday, the movie was shot on film so it was nice to see it on that format. I got all nostalgic when I saw the cigarette burns for the reel changes. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:49 pm

"Cyborg 2: Glass Shadow" (1993)

This direct-to-video, in-name-only sequel to the Jean-Claude van Damme cult hit was the first major starring role for a young and unknown Angelina Jolie. She plays a rogue robo-chick in a dystopian future, who was built to be an assassin. When she rebels against her programming, she is then pursued by an assortment of bad guys. Enjoyable low-budget sci-fi junk.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Wonder Woman - The Disco Devil

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Gotham - The Jeffrey Combs episodes.  Since he's creepy-looking anyway, the scene where Fish discovers that Dollmaker has attached Combs' head to female body parts is one of the creepiest things I've seen in a long time.  This is where I discovered the show for the first time.  No wonder I'm hooked.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Currently watching the Alamo Bowl. Pretty exciting game and I am not a fan of Oregon or TCU. Really good bowl game. I want to watch Longmire. Someone at work told me about the show so I started watching it on Netflix and it is a pretty good show. I'm on season one episode 3 or 4. Will watch this current possession by TCU then watch Longmire.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 10:16 pm

A Shot In The Dark (1964) - 2nd appearance of the late great Peter Sellers' character Inspector Clouseau. This movie has all the material that would show up in the later Pink Panther movies. A truly hilarious film, highly recommended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 pm

007 wrote:
A Shot In The Dark (1964) - 2nd appearance of the late great Peter Sellers' character Inspector Clouseau. This movie has all the material that would show up in the later Pink Panther movies. A truly hilarious film, highly recommended.

The screenplay was written by William Peter Blatty who would later become famous for writing the novel and the screenplay for The Exorcist.

It's my favorite because most of the Clouseau-isms come from this film.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:45 am

Broadchurch

Little Shop of Horrors

One Man Band - Black Metal doc,
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:46 am

"Superchick" (1973)

Brain-dead '70s T&A comedy about a mousy, brown-haired airline stewardess by day who turns into a free-lovin' blonde party girl by night, with a different boyfriend in every city. When she gets mixed up with some gangsters planning a mid-air heist, wacky hi-jinks are supposed to ensue but it takes forever to get to that point...
This is the kind of movie that was considered "racy" in the early 70s but it'll barely raise an eyebrow (or much of anything else) now. The eye candy's nice, but for a modern audience the humor will come mainly from laughing ironically at the corny jokes, the terrible acting, and the outdated fashions, slang and decor.
Useless trivia: "Superchick" is played by the late Joyce Jillson, who retired from acting shortly after this film to become a popular syndicated astrology columnist - who wrote several books and served as a "psychic advisor" to many celebrities, including former President Reagan!

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:50 am

Dual Survival
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Doctor Who - The Time Meddler

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 7:35 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Poster
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:37 pm

Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)
Super 8 (2008)
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 10:05 pm

[quote="S.D."]Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)
Super 8 (2008)
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
[/quote

JJ film day?

I watched Super 8 again today, great film. Was my favorite JJ film until Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Night Court
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Watched a few episodes of "Marco Polo" on Netflix. Didn't see anything about adult content and wasn't expecting all the boobs n pubes. Bummer cause it really isn't necessary.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 11:31 am

James B. wrote:
Watched a few episodes of "Marco Polo" on Netflix.  Didn't see anything about adult content and wasn't expecting all the boobs n pubes.  Bummer cause it really isn't necessary.

Netflix is not part of either broadcast or cable TV, so they aren't required to adhere to the same ratings system. This will become the norm as more original programming moves away from cable and broadcast.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Krampus (2015)

Had some good ideas, but most of the truly creepy moments were ruined by cheesy half-hearted one liners.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:46 pm

With my son this afternoon...

"Toy Story 2" (1999)

Buzz, Slinky and the gang must ride to the rescue when Woody the Cowboy is stolen by a vintage toy collector who wants to ship him to a museum... in Japan!
The second installment in the Pixar saga is (as usual) fast moving, funny stuff with a great voice cast.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next