Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016

Go down 
+14
Boris2008
akeldama
70srockfan
manny
Ricky
nevermore
corplhicks
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
tohostudios
Leatherface
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Empty
PostSubject: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 8:00 am

Channel Zero - a Syfy anthology series. The first 6 episode season is  about a pirate television children's show that is apparently linked to child murders. The main character dealt with the show back in the 80s when 5 local children disappeared, including his twin brother. All of the bodies had been discovered but one, his brother's. He returns home to find it starting all over again. Oh yeah, there's also a bipedal monster running around made out of teeth. Creepy stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 7:47 pm

"Silent Night, Bloody Night" (1972)

It's Christmas Eve in New England, and a mansion that's been empty for 20 years is about to go on the selling block. Needless to say, the house has a sordid past. When some interested parties and curiosity seekers drop by to check the place out, they learn that an axe wielding maniac has been calling the place home and he doesn't take kindly to visitors. Yikes!
I mostly enjoyed this moody, creepy slice of early '70s gothic horror; unfortunately the copy I watched was in such poor condition that it was tough to tell exactly what was going on at times, especially during the night time scenes.
This flick was remade a couple of years ago as "Silent Night, Bloody Night: The Homecoming," which I may check out next.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 11:15 am

Minority Report

I never gave this flick the time of day when it was new (wow, 2002? Time flies), but I just stumbled upon it last night on cable and decided to give it a go. I liked it quite a bit. Some of the CGI didn't age too well, but the story was interesting enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Got caught up on Channel Zero: Candle Cove

Then an episode of Luke Cage

And finally American Horror Story : Roanoke
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 am

The Confession of Fred Krueger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 7:44 am

Big Bang Theory
Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Scream Of The Wolf (1974)

TV movie starring Peter Graves as an adventure writer/big game hunter investigating a series of murders that may or may not involve a werewolf. Also stars Clint Walker as Graves' friend who seems to know more than he's telling. This Richard Matteson penned story is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 5:28 pm

"Prisoners of the Lost Universe" (1983)

A science experiment gone wrong sends a TV reporter (Kay Lenz) and a handyman (Richard "Battlestar Galactica" Hatch) to an alternate dimension populated by ogres, elves, green guys, and ruled by an iron fisted medieval warlord (John Saxon). This is some seriously cheap action-adventure/fantasy crap that plays like an extended episode of "Land of the Lost." Fortunately there were numerous shots of Lenz's legs to make this watchable; I felt embarrassed for everyone else involved.
AVOID.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Snowbeast (1977)

Another TV movie, this one stars Bo Svenson,Robert Logan and Clint Walker (again) as three men trying to stop a yeti-like creature terrorizing a ski resort at the same time the Winter Carnival is to take place. Needless to say, the resort owner (Sylvia Sidney) refuses to stop the Carnival (sound familiar?). This wasn't too bad but there were too brief glimpses of the creature.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 6:18 pm

Last night I watched the Bugs Bunny disc of the Looney Tunes collection Vol. 1.

Like all 7 Looney Tunes collections this features completely restored versions of classics like "Baseball Bugs" (the genesis of the MLB term "Bugs Bunny changeup"), "High Diving Hare " ("Fearless Freep!"), "Rabbit Seasoning" ("Do you want to shoot me now or wait until you get home?") and "Bully For Bugs" ("What a gulli-bull, what a nim-cow-poop.")

I really love seeing these cartoon shorts in their original glorious color and with very little visible granulation.  I swear growing up I thought these things were in black and white because the versions shown on TV were so washed out.

A lot of the gags in these shorts still crack me up. I laughed out loud several times watching these timeless classics again.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 8:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Like all 7 Looney Tunes collections this features completely restored versions of classics like "Baseball Bugs" (the genesis of the MLB term "Bugs Bunny changeup"), "High Diving Hare " ("Fearless Freep!"), "Rabbit Seasoning" ("Do you want to shoot me now or wait until you get home?") and "Bully For Bugs" ("What a gulli-bull, what a nim-cow-poop.")

I really love seeing these cartoon shorts in their original glorious color and with very little visible granulation.  I swear growing up I thought these things were in black and white because the versions shown on TV were so washed out.

A lot of the gags in these shorts still crack me up.  I laughed out loud several times watching these timeless classics again.  

I love those. Everyone you mentioned made me chuckle. I wouldn't mind owning that myself.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 9:24 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-Golden-Collection-collection/dp/B0000AYJXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478395317&sr=8-1&keywords=looney+tunes+golden+collection+vol+1

This one also has the episode that is the only reason I know any music from Barber Of Seville.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Timeless

I'll be catching up on Agents Of SHIELD
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Went with the girlfriend and my son to the drive-in on Saturday and saw:

Doctor Strange

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 5:17 pm

How was Doctor Strange?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 9:34 pm

I watched a couple of episodes of Family Guy today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:13 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

A lot of the gags in these shorts still crack me up.  I laughed out loud several times watching these timeless classics again.  

I love those. Everyone you mentioned made me chuckle. I wouldn't mind owning that myself.

I've been revisiting those LT toons with my oldest. I'm surprised at just how damn funny they are. I was busting up to the point of tears.

Also can't get over the levels of violence and stereotyping that went on in those shorts. Not that it bothers me, but those were sure different days. Like the Disney short where Donald explodes into a mass shooting spree in a theater full of orphans. Sad to say, that one actually made me cringe.

Funny how nostalgia can make one loathe the contemporary.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 pm

That's why most of the Looney Tunes collections contain a disclaimer at the beginning.  One of them even has it done by (gulp) Whoopie Goldberg (ugh).

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That's why most of the Looney Tunes collections contain a disclaimer at the beginning.  One of them even has it done by (gulp) Whoopie Goldberg (ugh).

This I did not know, wow! I believe Leonard Maltin did that for a Disney shorts set a while back.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 2:35 pm

I bought one of those cheap DVD collections of public-domain cartoons at the dollar store a few years ago and was surprised to see the old Bugs Bunny short "All This and Wabbit Stew" on it - which is one of the infamous "Censored 11" toons which were taken out of TV circulation in the 1960s because of the racist content.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven

It's honestly not much different from any other Bugs 'toon of the era, except that instead of being chased around by Elmer Fudd, Bugs is being hunted by a "Steppin Fetchit" stereotype ("Ah's gon' ketch me a raaaaaaab-bit!").

It also has "Fresh Hare" on it, which isn't one of the Censored 11, but it usually is edited when it airs on TV because the last scene shows Bugs and a trio of background singers, all in black face, singing "Camptown Races."

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 pm

007 wrote:
How was Doctor Strange?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a somewhat typical Marvel origin story, but the mystical element gives it something that little bit different to somewhat set it apart. My only knock is, like most of the other MCU movies, the villain is again serviceable but forgettable. Mads Mikkelsen does what he can, but the character itself is somewhat bland.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:31 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

This I did not know, wow! I believe Leonard Maltin did that for a Disney shorts set a while back.

Here it is.  And I will say I admire the fact that Whoopie thinks we shouldn't "whitewash" (no pun intended) by changing these cartoons. 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:38 am

"Logan's Run" (1976)

In the 23rd century, humanity lives in domed cities that look like giant shopping malls, everyone is handsome and gorgeous, and life is computer-controlled perfection... except for one small detail: you're not allowed to live past age 30.
A policeman (Michael "Basil Exposition" York) whose job is to catch "runners" (i.e. those who wish to continue living past their expiration date) is assigned to find a fabled place called "Sanctuary," and eventually learns that there is life beyond The Dome.
"Logan's Run" is a long time fave of mine. The visuals may not have aged particularly well but it's still an imaginative, intriguing slice of '70s dystopian sci-fi.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Good Times
Sanford & Son
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 1:31 pm

ROH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2016
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next