Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!

Go down 
+19
brokentulsa
DallasBlack
candlemass
Lurideath
Required Fields
Vexer6
ultmetal
MoonChild
the sentinel
Hadley
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Addy
Witchfinder
MetallicSeminarian
mikeinfla
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Empty
PostSubject: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 1:59 pm

From http://www.melodicrock.com

Despite wild rumors and other media outlets stating as so, I can absolutely confirm that there are NO talks initiated or going on between VAN HALEN and SAMMY HAGAR and/or MICHAEL ANTHONY.

DAVID LEE ROTH is out of contract with the group and his future is unknown, but sources indicate it is unlikely there will be any further recording or touring with the original vocalist. Which leaves a big, obvious gap in the lineup.

However, based on information from an impecable source close to the Hagar camp, there has been no discussions or communication with the Red Rocker at all.
Hagar's 2016 plans seem to revolved around his CIRCLE lineup recording original material and continuing their touring.

DAVID LEE ROTH meanwhile is indeed looking for the right opportunity to reunite with the Eat Em And Smile lineup, but there is no word if that will go beyond the one event at this stage.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Well, crap.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 pm

think VH should just call it a day
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Meh, doesn't really matter to me. I do like Van Halen but I was not even excited about the reunion with Dave in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:22 pm

Gary Cherone is sitting anxiously by his phone as we speak....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hey, if that doesn't work there's always Ripper. 

Or the Geoff
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Reports that Mitch Malloy popped a boner and screamed "F**K YEA!!" from his rooftop have been unconfirmed at this point.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. We got a decent album out of it and I got to see them on tour. If this is the end of that era, so be it.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 3:31 pm

So they are inactive ... but I don't see anything definitive that he has been kicked out or any doors have been closed.

His previous contract expired .... so?

Would be cool to see him play with Vai and Sheehan again ... why not do that while the other guys write new material?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 4:27 pm

You guys are the epitome of silly. Cereal? You would not like it if Eddie got off his high horse and said "Michael Anthony - you were part of the blood of this group. Let's make magic again with Roth"? I am sorry. That would f'in rule and you all know it. Van Hagar sucked - Van Wolfie sucks - but if they got on a "mission from God"? Holy crap would that rule! [sidenote - I paid $900 for the VIP experience back in 2012. Can't remember anything other than breaking into the dressing room and taking pics of me peeing in Alex's personal urinal. Not a good expenditure on my part].
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 5:52 pm

If this is the end of Van Halen, at least they went out on a good note with "A Different Kind of Truth".
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 7:20 pm

I never count anything as "over" when it comes to VH.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 6:53 am

I'm actually more excited about the possibility of the Eat Em & Smile line up doing some shows!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:34 am

Sleaze Roxx reported (according to DLR's Facebook page) that the reunion is def happening and could be a tour and not just a one off show. From what I read on the web, it seems as though Sheehan might be to busy for a full tour. So, we will see.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am

Addy wrote:
think VH should just call it a day

With all due respect to a legendary band - I feel your opinion is a suggestion that they should positively consider.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
So they are inactive ... but I don't see anything definitive that he has been kicked out or any doors have been closed.

His previous contract expired .... so?

Would be cool to see him play with Vai and Sheehan again ... why not do that while the other guys write new material?

Quote :
DAVID LEE ROTH is out of contract with the group and his future is unknown, but sources indicate it is unlikely there will be any further recording or touring with the original vocalist. Which leaves a big, obvious gap in the lineup.

I saw the Eat 'Em and Smile tour. It was a blast. Still have the tour book. I just don't know if Dave could swing it now. He sounded awful on the recent Van Halen live record.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:24 pm

"sources say ..." doesn't sound definitive to me.

I'll wait until I hear something more concrete from either camp.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:09 pm

If it's true then for their own sake and Hagar is busy elsewhere, then they may have get Cherone back, whatever you think of him, he's a fine vocalist and he still sounds good today.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm

I don't think this is true. I'd be shocked if it is. Seems like they were happy. Was that a joke too? This just doesn't make any sense. DLR went so down hill though and acted like a jackass. Still though...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm

People actually care about this? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 1:50 am

candlemass wrote:
People actually care about this? Shocked

Apparently. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:25 pm

Maybe Van Halen should hire a female singer and recreate themselves Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:13 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Maybe Van Halen should hire a female singer and recreate themselves Smile

According to legend, Eddie Van Halen wanted Patty Smyth of Scandal to replace DLR back in the day. She declined and they went with Sammy.

Oddly enough, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea, in theory. They could probably make a decent rock album with a female vocalist. The problem would be in a live setting. Not sure how a woman could pull-off the older material. Maybe the Hagar-era stuff. But 'Hot for Teacher'? 'Unchained"?

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
"sources say ..." doesn't sound definitive to me.

I'll wait until I hear something more concrete from either camp.

I know what you're saying, but Andrew at MR.com does have very close, credible sources when it concerns Van Halen...his reports are usually pretty accurate.

PostSubject: Re: Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!   Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aaaannnddddd David Lee Roth is out again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next