Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Lee Roth announces retirement

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

David Lee Roth announces retirement  Empty
PostSubject: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2021 10:33 pm

I know he’s way past his prime… but he should do one last tour with his classic solo band. Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette. 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/david-lee-roth-says-he-is-retiring-after-las-vegas-residency-these-are-my-last-five-shows/
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 1:06 am

Everyone says he can't sing anymore, and I've heard some really bad shit from him in the last five years or so, but we here lucky enough to see VH on the last tour, and he sounded good to me. Loved him, and VH, they were a huge part of my childhood. Sad to see him retire, but nothing lasts forever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 1:27 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Everyone says he can't sing anymore, and I've heard some really bad shit from him in the last five years or so, but we here lucky enough to see VH on the last tour, and he sounded good to me. Loved him, and VH, they were a huge part of my childhood. Sad to see him retire, but nothing lasts forever.

I also had seen the VH tour in 2012. I went to the San Diego date. It was a good show considering their old age and health issues. It’s just too bad they wasted so many years hating each other! They could have made two or three more albums. I thought the two new songs on the (best of) collection from ‘96 were pretty good. Especially “Me Wise Magic”.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2021 2:01 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I also had seen the VH tour in 2012. I went to the San Diego date. It was a good show considering their old age and health issues. It’s just too bad they wasted so many years hating each other! They could have made two or three more albums. I thought the two new songs on the (best of) collection from ‘96 were pretty good. Especially “Me Wise Magic”.
I've actually never heard of that song lol I rarely do best of compilation cds, especially if it's a band I have everything of like VH. But will have to go check that out and give it a listen. I liked the last album good enough. That Tattoo song even grew on me,and i hated it when i first heard it. Still my least favorite on the album, but it's ok.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:25 am

He has a legacy of being one of the greatest frontmen ever! Here's to a well deserved retirement. cheers
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:30 am

He was supposed to be opening for KISS but got released from the tour. A pity. I would have liked to have seen him, even if he may be on the down slope. Now we get to see Rock-portrait painter David Garibaldi? What a rip off! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:34 am

007 wrote:
He was supposed to be opening for KISS but got released from the tour. A pity. I would have liked to have seen him, even if he may be on the down slope. Now we get to see Rock-portrait painter David Garibaldi? What a rip off! Razz Razz

Yeah that does suck. lol!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Do metal musicians really need to make such an announcement ?
What an ego !
Just go away. What’s the big deal ?
Travel the world like Jimmy Page. We can all take the hint.
It amazes me people still pay cash to see 70 year olders performing.
Rolling Stones are nearing eighty.
They must love and crave the adulation.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Glower wrote:
Do metal musicians really need to make such an announcement ?
What an ego !
Just go away. What’s the big deal ?
Travel the world like Jimmy Page. We can all take the hint.
It amazes me people still pay cash to see 70 year olders performing.
Rolling Stones are nearing eighty.
They must love and crave the adulation.

Maybe they just love performing? And if older bands can still do what they do, then who cares how old they are?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 7:52 pm

I'd much rather see a past his prime David Lee Roth than David Garibaldi. what the hell,man?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2021 11:01 pm

I’d much rather save my hard earned money and buy some modern metal CDs.
Better stereo. High end booze. Cool lighting in the room.
VS.
Not dishing out gas money. Parking ticket. Concert tickets. Raining.
12 dollars a beer.45 dollars for a shirt. Opening band just okay.
Past there prime musicians two hours later wobble out.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2021 5:09 pm

It's about time!!! So his last shows here in Vegas are his last.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 10:07 pm

I can't stand the DLR criticism among the mainstream critics. Do you know what this guy has accomplished before you were born! Is it time to hang it up? Yeah, like 10 years ago. But he still has the fire and creative skills. I have always loved his bravery to express himself/defend VH honor like no other.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Did you get your ticket yet?

Bop bozadee bozadee bop zitty bop. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 10:16 am

I love David Lee Roth, the man entertained us for over forty years, and maybe his voice was not always on par, but who gives a fuck, if you want to hear a pitch perfect singer than stick to your Adele albums. DLR influenced tons of frontmen, he and Van Halen wrote the soundtrack to many many summer memories and DLR rules.

Only rock n roll do people tell you go fuck off when you are certain age, you can go off to the sunset when your damn ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Did you get your ticket yet?

Bop bozadee bozadee bop zitty bop. Laughing very hard

Hell No! HAHAHA I don't plan on seeing him. Especially when half the crowd walked out on him during his last residency at the House of Blues here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Lee Roth announces retirement    David Lee Roth announces retirement  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Lee Roth announces retirement
Page 1 of 1