Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 7:29 pm

Now I'm at my full 15 incoming limit.

Sing Monkey Sing by Raging Slab
Raging Slab by Raging Slab
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:12 pm

Whoa! I have 16 incoming. Is my Karma super, or what? I've got this coming now:

Late News Breaking by Squad Five O

How are these CDs, Shiney? You recommended some of these bands, but not all these albums.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

I gots 2 on the way:

THIN LIZZY- "Jailbreak"
DEFIANCE- "Beyond Recognition"....

I am nearly a dozen ahead to the good as far a ship/receive ratio is concerned....

Apparently my wat list is too full of rarities....

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

I think once my in/out balance hits zero again, I'm done with LaLa. It has been pathetically slow over there for me lately. The focus seems to have shifted slightly away from trading, and the new site is SLOOOOOOW to load for me.

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I think once my in/out balance hits zero again, I'm done with LaLa. It has been pathetically slow over there for me lately. The focus seems to have shifted slightly away from trading, and the new site is SLOOOOOOW to load for me.
Done? It can't hurt to stay active, even if it is slow, I'd think. It's been slow for me, too. I don't know where my sudden burst of receives has come from. I did just return from a trip to Boston. Maybe I traded out a lot of high demand CDs and it gave my Karma a boost?

I honestly think that if lala doesn't advertise to metal fans, maybe we metal fans should do it for them (i.e. us).

And good score on that Defiance CD, Shiney! 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Quote :
I think once my in/out balance hits zero again,
I'm done with LaLa. It has been pathetically slow over there for me
lately. The focus seems to have shifted slightly away from trading, and
the new site is SLOOOOOOW to load for me.

I'm with you there!! I've been thinking the same thing. I'm 9 to the good and it's been incredibly slow going. I've resorted to requesting ones I wouldn't normally just to get something/anything....still slow....I'm probably gonna shut it down as well....or at least always be one or two in the red instead of the other way. I'd hate for something to happen to LaLa (who knows what, but you never know) and be 5-10 cds in the black forever....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 10:12 pm

I've been pretty even since day one. It was slow for a while, but I also wasn't shipping anything out.

A few people confirmed today, and I shipped two more. So now I have Retarder by The Unband coming. I thank Shiney for the recommendation. It seems that everything he recommends, I dig. So I'm blindly going on his recommendations now.

So I highly encourage people join in on the next Compilation Swap. Most of my recent incoming CDs have been things Shiney recommended either on CD or via this forum. It might help you get those incoming CDs. You can also try pimping your CDs on the forum and setting up dummy trades.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 pm

Quote :
You can also try pimping your CDs on the forum and setting up dummy trades.

Explain please....what do you mean by this? Thanks...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 12:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
You can also try pimping your CDs on the forum and setting up dummy trades.
Explain please....what do you mean by this? Thanks...
Well, some people don't like trading out what they consider high demand CDs, because they may get something in return that they don't feel is equal in value. For instance, I recently shipped out the new Symphorce CD. I got it as a review copy, but I'd already bought it. Still, when I got a Less Than Jake CD in return after I traded it, I kind of felt like I got ripped off. Haha.

So, some people list some of their haves on the forums. That may entice someone to give up a good CD they're not really willing to part with to a random trader, not knowing what they'll get in return. It's really no different from trading here on this forum. When you set up a trade, you just go into lala's database, find a really weird CD no one is requesting, put it on your have list, tell the other person to request it, and then make the trade. Then they do the same to you. Then you send the CDs. You can also do this if you have CD not listed in lala's database.

Does this make sense?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:50 am

Ah! Yes, thanks!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:28 pm

I posted some comments in the LaLa forum about the seeming new focus of LaLa.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:39 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I posted some comments in the LaLa forum about the seeming new focus of LaLa.

ack
And?
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:41 pm

I guess I said that in case anyone wanted to go whine along with me.

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:55 pm

Saw the post, and agree with it. I don't mind LaLa trying to branch out and reach a wide customer base, but the focus seems to be going towards digital music, and away from trading discs.

I signed up for Swapacd a few days ago. I've already got one on the way from there that sat on my LaLa list since I first signed up about a year ago.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:56 pm

I'll have to check that place out.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:01 pm

AchrisK wrote:

ack
Well, you can still trade, and they have made some good changes. I'm not displeased with 2.0. I'd like some of those promised upgrades, but 2.0 is clearly better than 1.0.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:07 pm

I think I'll give swapacd a try as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 3:11 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Have you ever been to lalaunderground? Haha. Someone there actually invited the co-founder of SwapaCD to the forum, and he's posting there. It amazes me how vindictive those early beta testers are.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Have you ever been to lalaunderground? Haha. Someone there actually invited the co-founder of SwapaCD to the forum, and he's posting there. It amazes me how vindictive those early beta testers are.

I dropped in one time but that was it.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack
Well, you can still trade, and they have made some good changes. I'm not displeased with 2.0. I'd like some of those promised upgrades, but 2.0 is clearly better than 1.0.

Actually I have not had much activity as of late on LaLa, so I haven't noticed any changes in the CD trading system. I have only really noticed the different look and the DOWNLOAD THIS PLAYER stuff.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Yeah, trading was slow for me, too. I just hit a trading boost, though; probably because of all the rock CDs I added. It's still lacking on the metal side of things, but that's why you should continue promoting the site on your website. It can only help.

And also, that's why I mentioned listing CDs for trade on the forum. There are some metal fans there that like to do the dummy trades.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 pm

I think I'll look into that dummy trading.

Hey, did we do a LaLa trade a while ago (one of my first) and I asked you if you were member "Eyesore Studio" that posted on the Heart of Metal forum?

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:25 pm

AchrisK wrote:

Hey, did we do a LaLa trade a while ago (one of my first) and I asked you if you were member "Eyesore Studio" that posted on the Heart of Metal forum?

ack
Nope. Wasn't me. At least, I don't remember you asking me that. What was the trade?

If there's another Eyesore I might have to accost them.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 6:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack
Nope. Wasn't me. At least, I don't remember you asking me that. What was the trade?

Steel Attack - Where Mankind Fails. I think it was you. I replied to the original trade message again. Funny that there was an Eyesore Studio here, and I said that, and now he's gone and you're here.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 9:01 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack

Steel Attack - Where Mankind Fails. I think it was you. I replied to the original trade message again. Funny that there was an Eyesore Studio here, and I said that, and now he's gone and you're here.

ack
Yeah, that's weird. We did that trade before I joined this forum. I never even knew it existed until the day I joined. Haha. Definitely weird.

Killer CD, though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next