Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 pm

What's you LaLa handle?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 pm

Mr. Scary

I tried to find you on other people's lists, but no soap, and I can't remember how to search for members.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:50 pm

I've got you added as a friend. I have exactly 0 cds on you "want" list that are on my trade list (lala or otherwise). In fact, we seem to have many of the same wants.......
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 1:11 pm

Found you as well and added you as a friend. I think you're right, none of the cds on your want list are ones I'm ready to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:33 pm

THREE!! Three ships in one week.

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Thecount

Ah ha ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:18 am

After a tremendous dryspell the last onth has seriously picked up and with some rare titles I have wanted....

whoopee!!!!!!!!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 am

I've had a REALLLLLLY dry spell there. Sort of getting bored with it now that they have shifted focus from CD trading to other stuff. I've probably seen less than 3 CDs coming my way in the past 4 months yet I have over 300 in my WANT list, many of which are pretty common.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:22 am

Sounds like where I was...hang in there maybe youll get a burst of action....

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 pm

New members don't get the trading option. How's that for retarded concepts? Either way, I think a lot of people are leaving the site, that's why some of us are getting some more obscure stuff we've wanted for a long time.

Actually, I've hit a dry spell myself, so I don't include me in that we. But I know a few people that have got some really cool CDs through lala lately.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm just hoping there are a few left someone can ship me, now that I can receive again.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:23 pm

I've only got 10 or so to get rid of, and they seem pretty common (as in, everyone and their brother are trying to rid themselves of the same things). My activity has been practically ZERO for several months.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Sounds like I'm not missing much by not re-activating my Lala account. I put it on "vacation mode" almost a year ago now and never went back. (I have actually had better luck trading stuff with peeps on this board than I ever did with Lala.)

I guess I should just let my account there fade away quietly.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:45 pm

Yeah it was a whirlwind romance with me and Lala. I have no interest in it anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I still don't understand the logic of leaving the site. Hey, maybe it sucks not receiving anything for months on end, or even weeks, or days. But if you quit the site or put your account into Vacation Mode, you're guaranteed to not get anything.

It can't hurt to stay a member there. Maybe you'll only get one CD a year through lala. In my book, that's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 pm

Oh, I haven't quit. I've just got the "flickers" left, and I seriously don't have time to check the site constantly to try and get rid of 'em. I check in every so often to see if I can get lucky, but that's about it.

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:01 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Oh, I haven't quit. I've just got the "flickers" left, and I seriously don't have time to check the site constantly to try and get rid of 'em. I check in every so often to see if I can get lucky, but that's about it.
Yeah, that's a big part of it—trying to catch those chip bubbles. I like how SwapaCD has a queue system and you have five days to agree to ship a CD. Five days is way too long, though. Because say the person has just decided not to use the site, if you cancel the trade and request the CD again, that person is still the next in line. So you have to wait five days for the system to automatically step in and it removes that person's CD from the system. That sucks.

In fact, someone just posted Live's Awake the other day. I requested it. It was just removed from the system today. The site allows people way too much time to respond to things so it makes them flaky...and lazy. But overall, it works better than lala. It's more fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:03 pm

I had nothing but bad luck with Lala, I never got any artwork (I know they were not required to send artwork but it seemed like all the other people I new were getting but not me. And the CDs were in terrible shape. Good idea for a website, just didn't work out for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:21 am

http://next.lala.com

New beta site. It's buggy, but they've changed the entire site. I haven't traded anything here in a while. I have 7 requested, though. I might start up again soon.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 6:32 am

Lala 3.0 is pretty interesting. Its really a fun way to sample new music. SOme of the ideas are out there a bit. You can purchase tracks for 10cents a peice that are stored online and you can listen to anytime from any computer, but they are stored on lala's server. You can also purchase mp3 tracks for 89 cents.

Currently the trading part is buried underneath layers of stuff, I'm hoping that they fix this soon. The social aspect is pretty neat however as is the ability to listen to tracks. I've been enjoying manipulating the "Top Ten" lists and I pushed Seventh Avenue up the charts!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:56 am

The trading is all I care about and I'm about 8-9 CDs to the good and they seem to have dried up. I'm worried it's going to die while I'm still way ahead. That would be bad news!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:54 am

I am 1 ahead, have tons on my wantlist, and haven't received anything since mid February.

I have about 9 of my CDs requested (probably by people on here), but I am hesitant to send them out. I also grow tired of CDs in my collection without rear artwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The trading is all I care about and I'm about 8-9 CDs to the good and they seem to have dried up. I'm worried it's going to die while I'm still way ahead. That would be bad news!
Unfortunately direct shipping screwed trading up. I think they're planning on axing it. It was a nice feature that people abused. 50 people could have a WHAM! CD and all of them think they deserve something amazing for it. They have this "I'm not just trading it out unless I know exactly what I'm getting in return!" Pffft!

In my world, a want—and want—is worth more than a have. Not to them, though.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:53 pm

So that's what has happened. Direct trading means nothing is just "out there" in the grand pool? Blast!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
So that's what has happened. Direct trading means nothing is just "out there" in the grand pool? Blast!!
Oh, it's out there, but people won't ship it. Send someone a blurb that has a CD you want, a CD that a bunch of people have, and their reply will either be it's not for trade or "Sorry. You don't have anything on your have list that I want." The latter is the typical direct shipper reply. Instead of just clicking on that ship bubble and sending the disc to whoever it says to ship it to, and getting a random disc from their want list, they want to dictate the trade.

Before I vowed to never post on the forum again I railed against these people. They kept posting threads wanting to set up direct trades, but all their CDs were common $0.50 used bin turds! People got selfish. Some got creative and would give you two or three of their CDs if you buy them a brand new CD from their wants. That goAt character was the one who did this the most, and I jumped on the chance. I remember I got 7 CDs from him once for just buying him two new discs for like $25. And the CDs I got were high-demand metal albums. Can't beat that sort of deal.

But plenty of people want to trade you that WHAM! disc for a Helstar album. I hope they get rid of direct shipping.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:28 pm

I'm down to receiving about one every month or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next