Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:22 am

AcK,
It's in the forum.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Where did you see that info? Is the New Ideas the screen that comes up sometimes when you log in? I am not sure if I read it or saw it, but I can't find it now.

ack

Bill started a thread in the forum about it...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Sideshow,I had the same problem with master of puppets,no artwork at all.Lala right now is doing pretty good for me I've got 5 on the way.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 2:40 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Sideshow,I had the same problem with master of puppets,no artwork at all.Lala right now is doing pretty good for me I've got 5 on the way.

I was happy to get it, but the sender ticked me off. He/she messaged me and said "Disc is in the mail, I can't find the artwork". I was thinking, maybe, JUST maybe, you should have looked BEFORE you confirmed shipping it! I know I already HAD the covers, but the fact that someone would just confirm something without even bothering to see if they were actually MEETING that confirmation....that was annoying.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 4:41 pm

Lala is wicked slow for me at the moment.

I have 2 en route right now...

BAD 4 GOOD- "Refugee"
LIX- s/t

we need more metalheads to join up and get the metal flowin'!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 5:11 pm

🇬🇹

I've got the following on the way:

Out Of The Silent Planet by King's X (2nd trade, first didn't play)
Deftones by Deftones (2nd trade, first showed 27 days later as a promo)
King Harbor by Tsunami Brothers
Planetary Confinement by Antimatter
Stocks And Bombs by Warsawpack
Den Of Iniquity by Integrity
Zebrahead by Zebrahead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 5:27 pm

I don't trult La La, ever since my last trade. I traded for an Ultimatum cd and it turns out it was Ultimatum, the Hip Hop artist from Boston.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: So so   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 2:47 pm

My experience so far has been OK...I've recieved on out of 21 that was
a promo and 2-3 without back art and one that was cracked and unplayable.
The good thing is that LaLa doesn't charge you if you mark it as
broken, promo, or without cover art.....

Some of my highlights:

Mystic Prophecy - Savage Souls

Stryper - To Hell With The Devil

Impellitteri - Pedal to the Metal

Arwen - Illusions

Fight - War Of Words (the best thing Halford has done!!!)

Mastadon - Leviathon

Bride - Kinetic Faith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:48 am

Anyone having issues with lala lately? I'm starting to think someone is stealing. A seriously bad run of trades has made 2007 stink:

Angra - Freedom Call (Never Received)
Big B - White Trash Renegade (Unplayable)
Caliban - The Undying Darkness (99-Track Promo)
Deftones - Deftones (Promo)
Dream Theater - When Dream And Day Unite (Never Received) =(
King's X - Out Of The Silent Planet (Unplayable)
Lennon - Damaged Goods (Cancelled)
Lita Ford - Black (Envelope Ripped/Taped, CD Missing)
Scorpions - Animal Magnetism (Unplayable)
Scorpions - Animal Magnetism (Unplayable)
Warsawpack - Stocks And Bombs (Never Received)
YOB - Catharsis (Promo)

This is for the Dec 17 through Feb 17 billing cycles. Now, incoming has been 67, and that's a good amount of perfect trades, but 12 out of 67 is a terrible percentage compared to my first three months here where I had 4 bad trades.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 8:43 am

I've only received 3 CDs all month, one is still on the way and the other two came in excellent condition.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 9:59 am

I haven't gotten any requests in a while. Granted, most of the stuff I have for trade right now is either pretty common, or kinda niche stuff.

The condition of everything I've received lately has been good, with only one coming that I needed a scan of the back insert for (the insert came alright, but the freakin' flaps were torn off!).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 2:47 pm

I've been on Lala since August of last year (I go by "MetalKeith" over there, maybe I've sent CDs to some of you?) and it's been a mostly positive experience for me. I've only gotten two bum CDs (scratched) out of about 50 sent to me, and in both cases, as soon as I reported it to Lala I was sent another copy of each CD very quickly. As for the art issue, I think I've only received three discs without art, and one of those was also one of the aforementioned scratched discs, and my replacement arrived with all art, front and back, so that turned out just fine.

I'm currently on "vacation mode" at Lala though, because my stock of trade fodder had dwindled down to nearly nothing and besides, my wife was getting on my case about the Lala charge on our credit card getting bigger with each passing month. Smile So for right now I'm in hibernation but as soon as Spring comes and I can hit some yard sales for tradeable CDs, I'll be back!! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:30 pm

Nice avatar! Crazy how that girl turned out. Haha.

Anyway, did you see the girl complaining yesterday about people sending her folded cover art? Has that happened to anyone else? That seems extremely strange.

Are yard sales a good place to find CDs? I've never thought about stopping at yard sales before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 6:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nice avatar! Crazy how that girl turned out. Haha.

Anyway, did you see the girl complaining yesterday about people sending her folded cover art? Has that happened to anyone else? That seems extremely strange.

Are yard sales a good place to find CDs? I've never thought about stopping at yard sales before.
Yard sales are better for old vinyl. Pawn shops is where you will find some awesome cds if you have any near you
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 7:07 pm

Lala has been crazy slow for me as well...sigh.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 9:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Nice avatar! Crazy how that girl turned out. Haha..

Thanx! She done growed up reeeeal nice didn't she? Very Happy I like your avatar too... Herbert "H-Dog" Kornfeld is THE MAN!!

Anyway, I've scored some CDs at yard sales for myself on one or two rare occasions, but during this coming Spring I'll be keeping an eye out for stuff that may not necessarily interest me, but will make for decent Lala trade bait... gotta pump up that "have list" somehow or other!!

As for the girl complaining about getting the back art folded... sheesh, she should consider herself lucky that she got any back art, period!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 1:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Nice avatar! Crazy how that girl turned out. Haha..
Thanx! She done growed up reeeeal nice didn't she? Very Happy I like your avatar too... Herbert "H-Dog" Kornfeld is THE MAN!!
Indeed.

And that's Herbert's...um...cousin. Laughing

Quote :
As for the girl complaining about getting the back art folded... sheesh, she should consider herself lucky that she got any back art, period!!
No. She was actually saying she's gotten like 11 trades where the FRONT art was folded. Not the back art. affraid
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 8:25 am

Eyesore wrote:

No. She was actually saying she's gotten like 11 trades where the FRONT art was folded. Not the back art. affraid

Ah, I see. OK, then I would say she's got a point. THAT is weird. I've gotten back art folded a few times but never front art!!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 am

I guess some folks need to complain about something....

I usually find decent trade fodder at Goodwill and Salvation Army...flea markets...and I scan the want ads of the paper for estate sales...sometimes amidst all that small print of listed items it says cds....not often but sometimes...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 am

I've found quite a few bargins at flea markets as well. I picked up almost the entire Savatage catalog on cd. The guy, who was there with his wife, said "Now that I'm married, I can't listen to this stuff anymore". He was asking $3 bucks a piece, but when I said I'd take all he had, he lowered it to a $1.00 each. CHA-CHING!!

That's the nice thing about yard sales & flea markets too. People generally don't realize the value and just want to be rid of it. Of course, it's been said one man's trash is another man's treasure.

If you have the time and don't mind going through the junk, you might just find that gem you've been searching for.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:22 pm

That's a killer score on the SAVATAGE!!!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 pm

You bet! At the time, I only owned "Hall of the Mountin King". I ended up getting:
Dead Winter Dead
Sirens
Gutter Ballet
Power of the Night
Streets: Rock Opera
Edge of Thorns

If I remember correctly, I picked up a few other artists as well. Like I said, the guy was selling off a bunch of cd's and was just happy to unload 'em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 6:07 pm

I still need Dungeons Are Calling, Sirens, and Power Of The Night on CD! That's a good score, bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Bump! How is lala going for you guys? Still slow? I've seen a big increase in ships over the past few days. This is my incoming (it jumped from 3 to 13 in two days):

Fight The System by Squad Five O
Rides Again by Ironboss
Bombs Over Broadway by Squad Five O
Dynamite Monster Boogie Concert by Raging Slab
Built From Scratch by DJ Bobby B
Resolver by Veruca Salt
XXX by ZZ Top
No Compromize by Judge D
Goodbye Blue & White by Less Than Jake
The Brightness by Anais Mitchell
Till Death Do Us Part by Cypress Hill
Number One Blind by Veruca Salt
Mystery Road by Drivin' N' Cryin'
Burn To Shine by Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals

I realize that a lot of you are strictly looking for rock and metal, but bands like Veruca Salt and Cypress Hill should have been instant ships, but they sat on my Want List for a long time while I was green-lighted and getting nothing. Looks like this new influx of users is helping out.

Now if lala would just promote on metal sites! Maybe we should start a grassroots spamathon?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Still painfully slow for me....I had only like 5 cds sent to me all last month an 3 of those never arrived!

I currently have 2 on the way,but a about 10 ahead of the shipped ratio....

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next