Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

The official LaLa.com Thread Empty
PostSubject: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 11:14 am

Any metal fans who like trading CDs should consider joining LaLa.com

http://www.lala.com/

It's a CD trading community that is always 1 for 1, and doesn't always depend on two individuals coming to a trade agreement. You post your haves and wants, start sending out CDs and soon you will start receiving CDs on your want list. The more metalheads involved, the more the metal will flow.

ack
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 am

I have the following on the way:

Testament - The New Order
Anasarca - Moribund
Toto - Toto
3 Inches Of Blood - Advance And Vanquish

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 11:37 am

Unfortuneatly this is for US residents only Sad

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 12:22 pm

Yeah, I kinda noticed that. I guess it would be much more complicated based on the shipping rates. Too bad because there are tons of metal CDs outside the US. Probably much more than are in the US.

ack
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 5:06 pm

it sounds good, but then again I hear so many stories about people not receiving all the artwork, and I'd be pissed about that.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 10:58 pm

I haven't had TOO much trouble getting all the art. I've only gotten 3 so far that didn't have the back inlay.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 11:48 pm

So when you guys have to get art from freecovers.com or whatever, how do you print them to the correct size for the back insert?

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 11:29 am

I've got a program called MediaFace. It prints jewel case booklets and trayliners. You just buy a pack of sheets that contain blank booklets and trayliners and use it in conjunction with MediaFace.

I usually print a poor quality version on plain paper just to make sure my settings are correct, so I don't waste the trayliners. I hold it up to the light to make sure it fits, and then print the real deal.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm

thanks. i am thinking i may download a free insert printing program. I will likely just print on plain paper. I just want something to ID a CD when it is in a box or CD drawer or whatever. maybe i will get some slightly shiney/sturdy paper...maybe not.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 11:28 pm

I've received several without the back tray art.I have a photo smart printer that lets me adjust the size of the tray and just print it on phot paper.they turn out pretty good.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 11:43 am

I've had a lot of problem recently with not getting all the art. LaLa really needs to deal with that. Having a "front art only" option is cool, but I still can't undertstand how having a "all art only" option is so difficult.

However, I must say, I've checked out a lot of new band I probably wouldn't have checked out thanks to LaLa. I've also gained a few rarities from that site, with all the art. I'd say about 3/4 of the CDs I've received have had all the artwork. The other 1/3 I either printed out the artwork from FreeCovers.net, or retraded them.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 12:34 pm

I read the "explanation" from one of the 209 people as to why all art "isn't possible" and all I can say is it was a load of B.S.

Trading will have to go to $3? Why, exactly? People are sending trayliners now at $1.75. Can't guarantee them?
Again, why? If you "don't know" whether you have the art or not, you shouldn't be trading in the first place because you are an idiot. I know EXACTLY what I own, whether it is books, movies, games, CDs.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:17 am

Amen Sideshow
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 am

I Love LALA and have gotten a buttload of rare and out of print titles...out of the 100+ cds I've gotten I think maybe a total of 10 have come without their back art...and I've printed them and that's good or me.

some rarities I've gotten through there are:

SLAVE RAIDER- "Take The World By Storm"
MESSIAH PROPHET- "Master Of The Metal"
BLACK ROSES soundtrack
POWERMAD- "Absolute Power"
DEAD ON- s/t
XYZ- s/t
KEEL- s/t, "Final Frontier"
SHOK PARIS- "Steel & Starlight"
FIFTH ANGEL- s/t
GIUFFRIA- "Silk + Steel"

so yeah, i's cool....
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:31 pm

Right there with you Shiney!! I LOVE lala!!!cheers

I have received 87 CDs thus far, and only a few of them have come without the back art (fondly called BART in lala land).

Following are just SOME of the great discs I gotten there -
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
AC/DC - Powerage
AC/DC - Flick of the Switch
Spread Eagle - S/T
Kik Tracee - No Rules
Ozzy Osborne - Bark at the Moon
The Runaways - the Best of the Runaways
Twisted Sister - Under the Blade
Keel - S/T
Dirty Looks - Cool from the Wire
Widowmaker - Stand By For Pain
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Def Leppard - On Through the Night
Dokken - Under Lock and Key
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Barren Cross - State of Control

WOOT! WOOT! 🤘

Waylon
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Wow, you guys have scored!!

ack
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 1:04 pm

I DO enjoy LaLa, it just frustrates me sometimes (mostly the attitudes of some of the users who verbally ATTACK those of us that want all art).

I've scored a few goodies myself. Out of 68 receives, I've only gotten 4 without the back art. Ult and UncleSaxon hooked me up with excellent scans for those, though!

Vicious Rumors - Welcome To The Ball (original press)
Meliah Rage - Kill To Survive (original press)
Skyclad - Prince Of The Poverty Line (original press)
Rage - Reign Of Fear (original press)
Wasted Youth - Black Daze
Slaughter House - Slaughter House
Reverend - Play God
Cyclone Temple - My Friend Lonely
Sanctuary - Into The Mirror Black
Wrathchild America - 3-D (on its way)
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 pm

I am pretty happy with LaLa thus far. I have these on the way:

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease
Nevermore - In Memory
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder - Buried In The Front Yard
Steel Prophet - Dark Hallucinations

The only CDs I have received without rear inserts are 1 three Days Grace and 1 Staind. Both non-metal and both for my wife.

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 2:19 pm

I practically completed my Micheal Schenker collection on LaLa. Many of these are pretty hard to come by as well:

MSG - One Night At Budakon
MSG - BBC Radio One Live in Concert
MSG - MSG
MSG - Built to Destroy
MSG - Assault Attack
McAuley Schenker Group - M.S.G.
McAuley Schenker Group - Save Yourself

some others:
Voivod - Kronik
Grim Reaper - See You in Hell/Fear No Evil
Fear of God - Within the Veil
Slaughter House - s/t
Overdose - Progress of Decedence
Be-Bop Deluxe - Axe Victim

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 4:03 pm

Lala is getting a little better for me.I was sitting idle for about 2 weeks then I started getting stuff.heres some of it:
Cannibal Corpse-Kill
Twisted Sister-Stay Hungry
Overkill-W.F.O
Bride-Kinetic Faith
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 10:23 am

Anybody else read the new ideas from LaLa? I kinda like the chose whether or not you want art on each CD on your want list. However, one thing I read has pissed me slap off.

They are going to dump a thousand or so CD's into the system. Great, yah? Well, it's for people that don't care about art. Their excuse for this was VERY flimsy. I'm sorry, but I'm about to ditch LaLa all together. It is QUITE clear that they DO NOT WANT us "all art or forget it" people around.

Sorry, had to rant. Reading their new "ideas" ran my bloodpressure up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 10:31 am

I read that too and it bugged me as well. Several people pointed out the same thing you pointed out.

I currently have over 300 CDs on my wantlist, am greenlighted and have no CDs coming my way.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 10:41 am

Hey Sideshow. There was an explanation for "dumping a thousand or so CD's
into the system for people that don't care
about art."

Quote :
Bill (209) says:

I have lots of comments coming for the great feedback. But quickly,
this lala-supported influx of CDs is no-cover b/c it's easier for our
small team to ship out. We're going to buy thousands of CDs and put
them in a carousel machine and when it's time to send out, we just pull
the CD. It's the same method as Netflix and of course Netflix would
die if they shipped out with art - there's no equipment anywhere to
deal with that complexity.

No biggie to me. I'm probably not interested in the mainstream crap they are going to be sending out anyhow and I certainly don't want a bunch of CDs without the cover art.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:03 am

Oh, I know it will be mainstream pop, emo-rock, rap, etc garbage. It just bugs me no end that "art-optional" people are being given a reward, while us art-only people are basically being relegated to second-class status.

I know what you mean about being able to receive and it taking forever for something to be sent to you. It usually takes a minimum of a week for something to be sent to me when I can receive.

I can't complain about not getting art. Out of roughly 70 receives now, only 4 came without the back art. I'm not even counting the Master Of Puppet disc I got that came with NO art, even with my art-only setting. I actually HAD the covers to it, but the disc I had was scratched to hell and skipped like mad, so getting another copy actually helped.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:18 am

Where did you see that info? Is the New Ideas the screen that comes up sometimes when you log in? I am not sure if I read it or saw it, but I can't find it now.

ack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next