Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The official LaLa.com Thread

Go down 
+13
outofstep
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Waylon
Shiney
ultmetal
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
kmorg
AchrisK
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:45 pm

I still am not convinced about LALA. Been doing it for about 6 months and I'll be honest, I am not willing to put the time into being a part of a LALA group or clique just to get decent CDs. I have got a few good ones, but its as if half of my list is unattainable. Oh well, I'll give it a bit more time. And BTW, Eyesore, that isn't my real hair, although I secretly wish it were. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:05 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I still am not convinced about LALA. Been doing it for about 6 months and I'll be honest, I am not willing to put the time into being a part of a LALA group or clique just to get decent CDs. I have got a few good ones, but its as if half of my list is unattainable. Oh well, I'll give it a bit more time. And BTW, Eyesore, that isn't my real hair, although I secretly wish it were. Smile
Haha. Lala is a tough crowd. I mean, with this recent update people started whining about the default avatar, how it looked stupid, how it looked gay. It baffles me that people would whine about such nonsense. Anyway, I posted something quoting the guy who said the avatars were gay. Guess what happened? A gay guy flipped out! Contacted Support, demanded that I be suspended. When he returned the next day and saw the thread still there, he posted some crazy talk about it (not mentioning what offended him) and demanded his account be canceled, said he was going to tell all his gay friends to avoid lala. Just crazy talk. Then it turns out that he took offense to my comment! Haha. So I'm being labeled a gay-basher...again! And it wasn't even my comment! I quoted someone. Haha.

So yeah, the cliques there are ruthless whiners. But putting some work in can get you results.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Quote :
If you keep it, pay for it. If someone sends me
a promo and it's just like the retail version, I won't complain.
However, I've received promos in cardboard sleeves,

We'll have to agree to disagree because I send out the real thing every time. The $1.75 doesn't bother me it's the $10 CD that went the other way as well......in return for an un-sellable un-tradable promo....no thanks....My thing is if I just blindly accept it I'll feel like I'm enabling that promo sender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
If you keep it, pay for it. If someone sends me
a promo and it's just like the retail version, I won't complain.
However, I've received promos in cardboard sleeves,

We'll have to agree to disagree because I send out the real thing every time. The $1.75 doesn't bother me it's the $10 CD that went the other way as well......in return for an un-sellable un-tradable promo....no thanks....My thing is if I just blindly accept it I'll feel like I'm enabling that promo sender.

I agree with you scott. I trade high quality stuff most of the time. Smile But if I send you a perfect copy of a good CD, I dont want to receive a ratted out Lita Ford CD with half a front cover. LALA is very random, but then I guess so is life. Damn it. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:36 pm

I think - correct me if I'm wrong Eyesore - that Eyesore has a steady supply of CDs sent to him to review so he's kept in "product" pretty nicely. On the other hand I don't have that kind of stream of free cds (like most people) and it's harder to part with them thinking/gambling that I might get crap in return and then occassionaly actually receiving something less than I sent out. Now, it's true that's a risk I'm taking but since things aren't what I'd hoped with LaLa it's also why I'm weaning myself. Once I break even I'll be in a holding pattern of sorts and wait till my CD count is well into the black for me instead of always having more going out than coming in.....

LaLa works well for guys who have a stream like Eyesore or people in high population areas with good 2nd hand stores or CD shops. Where I live that's not reality so I can't really go bargain bin hunting...bargain bin here is 7.99 for Metal Health or some equally common cd.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:41 pm

I agree scott. I have about 1100 CDs. But if I had like 200-400, I wouldn't trade anything. I feel for you. I need to eliminate alot of fluff in my collection, but you have what you want so LALA is almost worthless to you.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm

It's gotten that way.....I have 162 "wants" on LaLa that are so obscure, coveted, rare, etc...that they've been wants for months and months. I don't want to put wants on my list that I'm settling for just to make sure I'm getting something. So you are correct that LaLa has almost outlived its usefullness to me. It served me well early when I had a bunch of stuff I didn't want laying around and had a lot of wants that were common....

I think part of the problem may be LaLa needs fresh blood. Anyone who might have what I want is already a member and is keeping his copy....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:11 am

Well, I get review copies of CDs, but very few get sent out through lala. I think I've sent two or three. I don't send promos unless I know who it's going to and can engineer a trade and they're cool with receiving a promo. But I do have access to used shops in Boston where I can find CDs between $1 and $4 that I'll buy as trade fodder.

My point above was that if you're marking these CDs as promos, but then taking them off your Want list, I think that's wrong. That's just me, though, a lot of people do the same as you. The right thing to do would be to leave it on your Wants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:28 pm

I've got the following up for trade on lala:

Enforsaken - Sinner's Intuition (2 copies)
Wobbler - Hinterland

These albums are currently being requested, but I figured I'd offer them up here first. If anyone wants them, we can get you set up with the ability to use the Direct Ship feature, and then I can ship it off to you directly (works the same as a regular trade).

Wobbler (http://www.myspace.com/wobblermusic) is for the prog fans. It's a 4-song EP, but it's long! The tracklisting is as follows:

1. Serenade For 1652 (0:41)
2. Hinterland (27:46)
3. Rubato Industry (12:44)
4. Clair Obscur (15:37)

There are edited versions on MySpace, obviously. It's a great little album. I found it last year in Boston, snagged another copy today for $4, figured someone here may dig it. If anyone is interested, let me know! If not, I'll just ship these out normally on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:43 am

Ahhhh!! I have 340 "wants" on LaLa w/ three coming me way - ALL Savatage!!! I was hoping for some variety...but at this slow point it's better than nothing....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ahhhh!! I have 340 "wants" on LaLa w/ three coming me way - ALL Savatage!!! I was hoping for some variety...but at this slow point it's better than nothing....
I've hit a slow point, too. I'm in the green still, but I seem to have just hit a spike in my incoming; over the past two days ago I have seven incoming:

Abdullah - Graveyard Poetry
American Dog - Red, White, Black & Blue
Cadaveria - The Shadows' Madame
Dyecrest - This Is My World
Fates Warning - Disconnected
Kinetic Dissent - Fight No More
Tim Donahue - Voices In The Wind

Those are some sweet receives. Chairman Smith is sending me that Fates Warning CD; if he doesn't include back art I want him banned. Laughing

What Savatage albums do you have coming?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Streets

Handful of Rain

Dead Winter Dead

I've been expanding my "Wants" and now have these coming as well:

Sacred Steel - Bloodlust

Chinchilla - Madness

Chinchilla - Madtropolis

SO, as long as those CDs don't suck and have all their art I'll be happy.

I've also got the Yellow dot now...what does this mean??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:09 am

Chinchilla is some quality metal, man! The yellow dot means you're owed anywhere from one to three CDs before you get the red dot, which would mean you then need to ship more CDs in order to receive some.

Expanding your wants is essentially how you keep receiving CDs. I mean, I have 2,823 albums on my want list and 8 of my last 12 receives were recently added. And I'm not just adding crap I sort of like, just so I'm getting CDs. I make sure it's something I'd really dig. The fact is, the smaller your want list, the longer it'll take for you to receive CDs, especially when they're albums that so many other people want, too.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 7:43 am

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I've been going to Metal distros and seeing what's out there and then going to myspace to check the band out. If it's good, it goes on the want list. I'm finally able to relax as my incoming is catching up....
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
I If anyone wants them, we can get you set up with the ability to use the Direct Ship feature, and then I can ship it off to you directly (works the same as a regular trade).

How does this direct ship thing work? I think I am set up to direct ship, and have some "friends" who I may be able to ship to (including you, I think), but I have no idea how to know what is available or to make it happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:12 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I If anyone wants them, we can get you set up with the ability to use the Direct Ship feature, and then I can ship it off to you directly (works the same as a regular trade).
How does this direct ship thing work? I think I am set up to direct ship, and have some "friends" who I may be able to ship to (including you, I think), but I have no idea how to know what is available or to make it happen.
Well, they first have to allow you to direct ship to them (by clicking on the little arrow on your avatar). Once that happens, you can either skim through their entire want list to see what albums have the SHIP IT button under them. That means you have this CD. The easier way is to just click the little green arrow next to where it says WANTS on their page, then you click where it says haves to the right of all that (it looks like this A-Z Z-A release date haves wants need clear). Clicking that link will just bring up everything that you have that they want. Then you just click SHIP IT. It's pretty simply once you get past the semi-retarded process of clicking the green arrow then the small link.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:38 pm

someone pm me and tell me what CHINCHILLA sound like...I see them alot in the used bins around here...esp. that "Madtropolis" disc....

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Woo!! I've got Impending Doom - Nailed. Dead. Risen. coming!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 1:18 pm

No back art?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 2:24 pm

Funny Guy!! Laughing I don't know yet, I asked the guy to send it immediately upon finding out it was coming. Hopefully I'll have back art! I prefer back art, of course!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Funny Guy!! Laughing I don't know yet, I asked the guy to send it immediately upon finding out it was coming. Hopefully I'll have back art! I prefer back art, of course!
Did you ask nicely? Tell him he can fold it if it's easier? You have to stroke their ego sometimes. There are worthless traders their that will not send it out of spite if they feel like your message is demanding. Haha.

I remember one assclown equated sending him "e-mails" about trades was like tresspassing on his private property. Hahaha. Apparently it doesn't say TRADING messages, it's e-mail...and it's privately owned. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:06 pm

I've been using your exact phrase and with success. I haven't received one w/out art except for some douche name Sergeant Peppermill's Playthings or something!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 5:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've been using your exact phrase and with success. I haven't received one w/out art except for some douche name Sergeant Peppermill's Playthings or something!!!
You uncreative bastard. lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
You uncreative bastard. lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Eyesore,How do you like the Dyecrest?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official LaLa.com Thread   The official LaLa.com Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The official LaLa.com Thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next