Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 4:55 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Lari wrote:
Sucks. I wanted Ambrose to have a longer reign. He didn't really get to do anything with this run. He only beat the SHIELD and Dolph Ziggler, and there was very little character development, if at all.

Agreed, they didn't do much with him at all. But I love AJ and I am glad he won but usually a heel title run is only so a face can win at the next PPV (unless it's the Intercontinental Title which heels seem to hold for a long time). AJ is a hard worker and I have always enjoyed his matches. I only watched TNA for him and Joe (and Bobby Roode).

I've felt something missing ever since Ambrose became champion and I guess Creative felt it too.  I can't really put my finger on it but it just seemed as if he was a wrestler playing the character instead of me forgetting that's what it really is and enjoying the character.  Like going through the motions or something. 

But I like AJ being champion.  He's such a versatile wrestler that he can have a good match with all different styles of opponents.

The reviews I've read said Backlash was a strong show.  It was also "only" 2/12 hours long instead of the normal 3 hours.  That in itself could make for a more interesting show because there's much less filler.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 5:06 pm

AJ is the best wrestler they have, by far. Great on the mike and amazing in the ring. Ambrose seemed to get worse with the belt. His matches were lazy and he looked like he was slogging through mud in the ring. I have no idea what happened to him, but holding the belt did not elevate him at all. AJ holding it, on the other hand, completely elevates the title.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 5:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
AJ is the best wrestler they have, by far.  Great on the mike and amazing in the ring.  Ambrose seemed to get worse with the belt.  His matches were lazy and he looked like he was slogging through mud in the ring.  I have no idea what happened to him, but holding the belt did not elevate him at all.  AJ holding it, on the other hand, completely elevates the title.  

I agree and I like him much better as a heel.  I think he can showcase a broader range of moves this way.  He was great in TNA as a face but once he turned heel there he became much more interesting to me.  And then I saw his Bullet Club Days on NJPW on TV and I became convinced he should be a heel.  I was a little worried when he came to WWE that they'd turn him face but thankfully he's back to his heelish ways.  It gives him the chance to be much more creative.  Like last week on Smackdown when he smashed that "innocent backstage" guy's smart phone.  He grabbed it because he thought the guy was taking his picture but then when he saw that the camera just had pictures of the guy's family AJ said "Nice looking family" and smashed it against the wall anyway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 am

I remember AJ when he was being mentored by Ric Flair in TNA remember that? Im glad he got out of that gimmick

Im glad he won the Smackdown title I wonder how long before they have someone holding both Raw's Universal title and Smackdown's World title?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 am

I forgot about that.  Didn't he even used to come out wearing a cape like Flair?  He's so much better like he is now.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:47 pm

Ever wondered what happened to Scott Steiner's chest? There was something about Jericho that seemed out of place to me with his physique. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I saw looked at an older picture and realized it was his chest. I looked around the internet and found out that he suffered some nerve damage that prevents the pectoral muscles from "popping" from weightlifting. This is the same nerve damage Kofi Kingston suffers from and of course, Big Pappa Pump.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Scott Steiner probably suffers from a lot of things due to his steroid use.   That guy had the most freakish muscles I've ever seen.

No roids there at all.

And that's from 1998.  He got even bigger later.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 10:01 pm

Now that's why I think Smackdown is the better show.

Cena/Ambrose defeat Styles/Miz and while Cena's music is playing and he's playing to the crowd Ambrose jumps him.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 6:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Scott Steiner probably suffers from a lot of things due to his steroid use.   That guy had the most freakish muscles I've ever seen.

No roids there at all.

And that's from 1998.  He got even bigger later.

Right, no argument there, but his chest didn't benefit the way his other muscles did. Which always confused me. Until doing the research on Jericho, I had no idea nerve damage could prevent your chest from getting big.

Speaking of steroids, apparently ADR was tested positive before he left:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/754151-alberto-del-rio-reportedly-failed-wwe-wellness-policy-following-positive-test-for-steroids-tna-reportedly-very-interested-in-signing-del-rio
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Scott Steiner, Chris Jericho, and Kofi Kingston have all injured their interior pec muscles with nerve damage.  As a result they cannot develop those muscles any longer.  

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=205754

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Kofi-Kingston_display_image_display_image

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=576009

You've probably seen sternal head retracted pectoralis major tears too but you did not realize it.  They look like this:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 FIGURE+4

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Arnolds-Pecs
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 7:53 pm

That "normal" pic of Steiner is not normal. It may be normal as far as depicting the pec muscles is concerned but look at those bi's.  Nobody gets biceps like that without chemical assistance.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 8:12 am

Scott looked better in the 80's (left photo)

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 03-10

Here is is recently

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 NuVu2Cp
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 8:14 am

And not the get off topic, but is this guy for real?!? Stick him with a needle and he'll pop!

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Roids
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:17 pm

When The Usos walked out tonight with their new look I thought one of them was X-Pac!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Yeah, they do have that same look.

I like the Usos much better this way.  Their characters desperately needed to be freshened up and they seem much different now as heels.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:27 pm

There's a new commercial with Road Warrior Animal.

Can only imagine how Hawk would have done in advertising. OHHHH what a rush
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 11:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, they do have that same look.

I like the Usos much better this way.  Their characters desperately needed to be freshened up and they seem much different now as heels.

I never liked the Usos, ESPECIALLY as faces, so I was glad to see them turn. Now it's time for cousin Roman to do the same. Speaking of which, I hope to God they put Rusev over him this Sunday. Rusev has looked like a chump so far in this feud and that's what hurt him after his one with Cena.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Cesaro and Sheamus crash over the barricade and one guy in the crowd gets caught in the crossfire (got a kick to the head) and the crew attend to the wrestlers while letting the other guy lay there. If he wasn't part of security (he had a black polo style shirt like the officials do), then he has quite a lawsuit for WWE.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 10:41 pm

Well, they finally managed to get Rusev back to an unstoppable heel just to lose to one of Vince's golden boys.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 7:47 am

Cant win them all
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 pm

I read the writeup on Clash of Champions. It sure seemed lame compared to the last Smackdown PPV.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 10:36 am

Worlds collide! The Nature Boy with Phil Anselmo?!!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 4:13 am

Just a rumor right now, but interesting if true:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/761625-tna-being-purchased
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 4:20 pm

Paige suspended for 60 days on 2nd violation, the statement from her father is interesting, she didnt fail a drug test i guess the WWE doesnt like painkillers
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 4:21 pm

I hope the WWE doesnt buy TNA their product will go to shit even more than it is already as they will have no competition.

I heard that Billy Corgan will be majority owner and will rebrand the company and that WWE bought thr rights to TNA's video library
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: