Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6340

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 2:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Strowman is working on his skill set.  He actually threw a dropkick the other week.  In the interview I read he more or less said he didn't want to become the next Big Show without mentioning Show by name. 

Why would it be a bad thing to be compared to the Big Show? He was a multiple time heavyweight champion, had a long career and is for sure a future Hall of Famer.

I think Strowman should worry about being the next Snitsky, Warlord or Matt Morgan instead of the Big Show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Only because Big Show has always been a stiff in the ring with a very limited skill set.  He basically just lumbers around.  And right now that's pretty much what Strowman is/does but he doesn't want to stay that way.

The most athletic thing I've ever seen Show do was in WCW when the threw Rey Mysterio like a lawn dart head-first into the side of the wrestler's trailer.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Only because Big Show has always been a stiff in the ring with a very limited skill set.  He basically just lumbers around.  And right now that's pretty much what Strowman is/does but he doesn't want to stay that way.

The most athletic thing I've ever seen Show do was in WCW when the threw Rey Mysterio like a lawn dart head-first into the side of the wrestler's trailer.

What about the drop kick he used to do?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:09 pm

I don't think I've ever seen Big Show throw a dropkick. Not saying he didn't but if he did I didn't see it or don't remember it.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:15 pm

An older one from WCW:

@ 1:38
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Wow. It's amazing how much leaner Show was back then.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Watched an interview with Show yesterday that took place recently and he said he was 396 lbs or so and he hadn't been that lean since '95.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  It's amazing how much leaner Show was back then.

Big Show used to play basketball from middle school to college so he used to actually be in pretty good shape. However, in the last 15 or so years, he hasn't had to do anything but beat down opponents and ultimately let some overcome his size to build their characters. That requires very little energy or effort. I'm sure if many people could be lazy like that and pull in millions a year they'd probably let themselves go too.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 7:36 pm

396 is lean? That sounds funny but I guess so if you're 7 feet tall.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 pm

It is when you consider he was probably pushing 450 lbs.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:27 pm

tohostudios wrote:

That was Nash, not Show.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Pretty good interview if you have the time to watch, I posted just so you can see how much weight Show's dropped. I remember a few years back he posted a pic of him lifting and looking like he added some muscle but that didn't seem to last long.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That was Nash, not Show.

Wow, you're right. My friend at work and I have always remember Big Show doing that.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 8:59 pm

akeldama wrote:

Pretty good interview if you have the time to watch, I posted just so you can see how much weight Show's dropped. I remember a few years back he posted a pic of him lifting and looking like he added some muscle but that didn't seem to last long.

Wow, he legitimately weighed over 550lbs at one time in WWE???? And now he weighs under 400? That's literally losing a whole person. Good for him. I've always thought Show was a good guy but he just bores me in the ring.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 9:09 pm

That is one hell of a weight loss.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 5:00 am

Big Show's always been a good worker. It's not just about doing acrobatic stuff and high spots. He does what he does well. He's well-liked and good on the mic. He will draw money again when he faces Shaq at WrestleMania.

What really has hurt his status are the nonsensical back-and-forth face and heel turns without any real character development. He's always kind of been booked as an afterthought.

And he never wins on Pay-per-view! You know he's always going to put someone else over.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 6:45 am

Yeah he has switched back and forth between face and heel more than Ric Flair used to. And I used to think Flair flipped a lot.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 am

I thought last night's no DQ, falls count anywhere, title match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte was great. Nice to see WWE give the women not only enough time to tell the story but also the prime spot on RAW.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 am

tohostudios wrote:
I thought last night's no DQ, falls count anywhere, title match between Sasha Banks and Charlotte was great.  Nice to see WWE give the women not only enough time to tell the story but also the prime spot on RAW.

Maybe it's my total and utter disdain for Sasha that I think her winning was total BS. For one, Charlotte was the one willing to do all the daring spots (as always) and also took those vicious shots from a kendo stick. I wish they'd allow someone a longer title reign in the Women's Division and some fresh faces. With that being said I do agree with what you said, toho.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 am

I agree about the constant title changes. And I like some of the heelish tactics Sasha showed, especially basically telling Bayley to piss off. I can't stand Bayley. I really liked Charlotte's moonsault off the elevated announce table.

Now if only they'd let someone knock off New Day before they break Demolition's record. I am so sick of them. Their schtick was amusing for a while but now it's just old and played out. If they're going to stay together as a team they need to go back to being heels.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 11:28 am

I did see on the net where they were planning a Sasha heel turn. I wonder why WWE almost always makes the hometown person lose.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 11:53 am

I think Sasha's much more believable as a heel; she has a natural cockiness about her that just plays to a heel persona.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 pm

akeldama wrote:
I did see on the net where they were planning a Sasha heel turn. I wonder why WWE almost always makes the hometown person lose.

I saw this in the comment section of a RAW reaction video:

1. if you're WWE superstar, you'll always lose the match if you wrestle in your hometown.
2. WWE does not book talent according to fan reactions (i.e. babyfaces get booed while heels get cheered).
3. If you're a midcard champion, and your last name is Reigns, you'll still get booked into the main event each week.
4. If you are a champion on Monday Night Raw, your title is meaningless.
5. Just because you were great in NXT, doesn't mean you'll be good on the main roster.
6. It's OK for a champion to lose multiple non-title singles' matches each week on WWE television, because wins and loses don't matter anymore.
7. If you're a cruiserweight on Monday Night Raw, your match is not allowed to exceed past 10 minutes.
8. You're allowed to fail multiple drug tests outside of WWE without any consequences, as long as your last name is Lesnar.
9. Lengthy reigns as champion are only meant for breaking records of previous long title reigns.
10. Having multiple commercial breaks during a main event match on Monday Night Raw or Smackdown Live is perfectly acceptable.

Sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 am

Yes, I agree with those 10. I really miss time limits "this contest is scheduled for one fall with a 15 minute time limit". I really miss draws. Draws would keep the talent SAFE and not bury them. I would much rather see a time limit draw between AJ & Ambrose to help enhance the PPV match instead of them beating each other each week by shenanigans. And RULES.... There are no rules any more. I remember when a "closed fist" was a heel move and could get you DQ'd. Going by that logical Roman should be DQ'd in every match he has been in because a Superman punch (lamer than a big leg drop) is an illegal move. Jim Ross pointed out time limits and rules need to be in place so the RULES can be broken by heels, making them stronger heels.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 am

Great posts. I remember when throwing someone over the top rope was a DQ too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: