Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+21
MetalHeartMonsterMan
HeavyThrashhead
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Sword Of The Heretic
Lari
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
ShadowAngel
mikeinfla
Addy
Required Fields
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Leatherface
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:19 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Who is this new @$$clown tag team on Raw? Enzo & Caz? They look ridiculous.

I like them. Apparently they've been elevated from NXT. I was watching "Gotham" during the first hour of Raw so I guess I missed them tonight but I thought they were hilarious last week. The smaller guy was great on the mic last week.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Who is this new @$$clown tag team on Raw? Enzo & Caz? They look ridiculous.

I like them.  Apparently they've been elevated from NXT.  I was watching "Gotham" during the first hour of Raw so I guess I missed them tonight but I thought they were hilarious last week.  The smaller guy was great on the mic last week.

Yeah, he certainly has the gift of gab. I've heard comparisons to Road Dog.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Based on what I heard him do on the mic last week I'd say that's a good comparison.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:30 pm

OK, obviously I missed a key plot point while I was watching Gotham. Why the hell is Shane running Raw?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
OK, obviously I missed a key plot point while I was watching Gotham.  Why the hell is Shane running Raw?

There was a "press release" earlier today:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/696623-wwe-announces-shane-mcmahon-will-be-running-raw-again-tonight

Convoluted I know, but that's WWE for you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Gotta love it.  No real kayfabe explanation for it; it just is.  Sheesh, these writers get lazier by the week.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 7:45 am

I have to say ...... Booty-Os?????? Laughing very hard

yeah writing is getting lazier the whole Shane/UT thing I think I would have had it where UT won like he did and then monday night raw Shane goads Vince into another shot where Shane won and takes control of Raw that IMO would have been more dignified.

I read somewhere that Vince only sleeps like 2 hours a night that he works like 22 hours a day
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7614

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:29 am

Best Raw in a long, long time. I hope this continues.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Addy wrote:

yeah writing is getting lazier the whole Shane/UT thing I think I would have had it where UT won like he did and then monday night raw Shane goads Vince into another shot where Shane won and takes control of Raw that IMO would have been more dignified.

I read somewhere that Vince only sleeps like 2 hours a night that he works like 22 hours a day

Which would explain some of his creative decisions Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Hmmmm I don't remember Taker wearing a mask. Must've been when I didn't watch anymore

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 4:56 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Hmmmm I don't remember Taker wearing a mask. Must've been when I didn't watch anymore

I don't remember him wearing a mask, and I WAS watching it at the time (pre-Attitude Era).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 7:35 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Addy wrote:

Which would explain some of his creative decisions Very Happy.

Yeah I know right? heh

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18982

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 1:21 pm

ECW Original Balls Mahoney has passed away at the age of 44. Several of his friends in the business are remembering him on social media this evening.

Chris Candido's brother Jonny says a friend saw ambulances parked in front of Mahoney's house and when he called his wife, she gave him the unfortunate news. Jonny later said Balls died suddenly in the home. We will keep you updated when any more information becomes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 6:29 pm

The last of the The Hardcore Chair Swingin' Freaks.

R.I.P.

Wonder if his was a drug overdose too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Balls Mahoney epitomized ECW IMO.

I can still hear the crowd chanting "Balls, Balls, Balls!" when he went on one of his classic hardcore comebacks.  I don't think he was much of an athlete but he was a hell of an entertainer back in the day.

RIP.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 6:19 am

I didn't have cable at the time so I completely missed ECW on TNT.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:23 pm

OK, March Madness is over and the Cardinals played a day game today so I'm watching Smackdown for the first time in about a month. 

I just watched Zack Ryder job to this Baron Corbin character.  So obviously Ryder is back to his pre-WrestleMania status.  Can someone explain to me why he was given the IC title at Mania?  Did he have compromising pictures of Vince or something?  I mean, what the hell was the point of that at all since Ryder turned around and dropped the title the next night on Raw? 

These kinds of decisions by WWE Creative just drive me up the wall.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 5:57 am

tohostudios wrote:
OK, March Madness is over and the Cardinals played a day game today so I'm watching Smackdown for the first time in about a month. 

I just watched Zack Ryder job to this Baron Corbin character.  So obviously Ryder is back to his pre-WrestleMania status.  Can someone explain to me why he was given the IC title at Mania?  Did he have compromising pictures of Vince or something?  I mean, what the hell was the point of that at all since Ryder turned around and dropped the title the next night on Raw? 

These kinds of decisions by WWE Creative just drive me up the wall.

Which reminds me the story line w Shane was completely thrown out. If he loses to Taker his dad gets a "lock box" and Shane goes away... Yet he loses and still gets control? Talk about weak stories...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 7:49 am

not to mention that anyone matching up with Taker at Mania you know is going to lose especially now that Brock Lesnar ended the streak anyone else beating him at Mania would IMO elevate their caliber.

I think thats very very lame bout Ryder, probably one of those Vince decisions at the very last minute as we all know he is famous for doing
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 1:43 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

That was in 1995.
Undertaker had a feud with King Mabel. In their match at the King of the Ring 1995, Mabel injured him (broken orbital bone, Mabel injured a ton of wrestlers at the time) and when Undertaker returned he had this Phantom of the Opera-style mask as protection since he still wasn't fully healed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Leatherface wrote:
ECW Original Balls Mahoney has passed away at the age of 44. Several of his friends in the business are remembering him on social media this evening.

Chris Candido's brother Jonny says a friend saw ambulances parked in front of Mahoney's house and when he called his wife, she gave him the unfortunate news. Jonny later said Balls died suddenly in the home. We will keep you updated when any more information becomes.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:58 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Mabel injured a ton of wrestlers at the time

Mabel was supposedly a very dangerous worker and most of the other wrestlers hated working with him. Unlike most 500 pounders he would drop his entire weight on his opponent. In contrast, most wrestlers described Yokozuna's Banzai Drop as having pillows fall on top of you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 10:20 pm

I love how WWE selectively enforces its "Wellness Policy". It's easy to suspend these low-card guys but did anyone notice what HHH looked like leading up to his match? Yeah, no roids there at all...

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/4/16/11443762/adam-rose-konnor-suspended-by-wwe-for-wellness-policy-violations

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:20 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Mabel was supposedly a very dangerous worker and most of the other wrestlers hated working with him. Unlike most 500 pounders he would drop his entire weight on his opponent. In contrast, most wrestlers described Yokozuna's Banzai Drop as having pillows fall on top of you.

True, though Yokozuna could be really harsh with the Banzai Drop, he dropped his weight on a couple poor jobbers. It was Cornette who said it was like having a pillow fall on you when he had to take a Banzai Drop in 1995 (that quote is in the excellent "Titan Sinking" book about the WWF in 1995, i reccommend that book it's really good)

Mabel just was way too green, too reckless and didn't properly realize his weight. Nash said that in the KC 1995 Timeline. He told Mabel before their match (Summerslam 1995) that he shouldn't do that drop on his back (Mabel's standard move at the time) but during the match Mabel "forgot" and did the move leading to Kevin Nash being unable to feel his lower body and being unable to stand up, he thought he was broken in half. Vince immediately wanted to fire Mabel right after this match, Nash intervened for some reason so Mabel was fired in January 1996 and i think it says a lot that WCW had absolutely no interest in hiring him, considering they were hiring every ex-wwf guy left and right at that time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 4:43 am

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Chyna-645x370

UPDATEx4: TMZ reports that police were called to Joanie “Chyna” Laurer’s house at around 7:30PM PT, adding that law enforcement sources have told them that Laurer had not been seen or heard from for the past few days. A friend of hers went to check on her Wednesday evening, discovered the body, and called police.

They add that police on the scene are treating the case as a possible overdose due to her history with drugs, though no illegal drugs have been found at her home, just prescription drugs. There are no signs of foul play, according to the police.

TMZ also has published a photo of her body being removed from her home.

UPDATEx3: Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com reports that Joanie Laurer’s manager has confirmed to him that Laurer was found dead Wednesday at her home in Los Angeles and that sources close to the situation claim Chyna had been on medication for anxiety and sleep deprivation.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/700481-update-chynas-manager-confirms-the-former-wwe-star-was-found-dead-in-her-home-more-details#cSCCXgGuZPhah0jp.99

UPDATEx2: ABC 7 reporter George Pennachio out of Los Angeles reports that Chyna’s body was found in her bed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: