Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+56
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
candlemass
DallasBlack
glassprison
HeavyThrashhead
DevZor
tohostudios
7thSecond
Aaron_D
Wurthless
Addy
Mglaffas81
John Madden
Louder
ShadowAngel
Lari
akeldama
Thrasher73
Vexer6
Thelemech
nevermore
bgsully
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
kyleblack
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
mlotek
Troublezone
Runicen
Required Fields
mc666
DakotaRogers
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
exact33
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Sword Of The Heretic
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
James B.
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
manny
thejokeriv
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

All things Metallica - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I would go see Metallica live, I have seen them live in forever and a day
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
Avenged Sevenfold is opening the Chicago show. I don't think I've ever heard a complete song, much less an album, by that band.

some of their stuff is generic and boring, but their latest album actually kinda rips. and some of their older material is really cool.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 am

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Expensive show!!!! The Baltimore gig is $140 + $40 in fees for the cheap seats!!!!

affraid I paid £6 for my ticket the first time I saw Metallica! (on the MOP tour)
That's the first time I saw them as well. Can't remember how much tickets were, but I know they were less than fifteen dollars. They opened for Ozzy, about a month before cliff died.

$140.00 is ridiculous and they should be ashamed. I wonder if joker went to a third party website by mistake. I did that once, and almost got ripped off. The site was redirected from somewhere and it looked like a legit site, but the prices were crazy high so I left. Then the next day I found the right site where they had normal prices.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 4:21 am

Thanks! I'll check those out soon...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:37 am

The Metallica tickets don't even go on sale until 2/17. If you are seeing crazy prices it's because these are all VIP presales.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:03 am

Witchfinder wrote:
The Metallica tickets don't even go on sale until 2/17.  If you are seeing crazy prices it's because these are all VIP presales.  

Just to put things in perspective, Metallica's newest 5th member Lady Gaga, is charging $251 (and under) for tickets on her latest arena tour.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:11 pm

James was apparently pretty pissed about the mic incident at the Grammys...

Quote :
During an appearance on last night's episode of "The Late Late Show With James Corden" on CBS, Ulrich stated about the mishap:

"In the heat of the battle, you're out there and you're playing, when it's a technical issue, you don't really know — 'Is it going to the house?' 'Is his vocals going to the truck? 'Maybe it's just the monitors.' — so you've just gotta keep playing. We get off stage, we get back there, and I haven't seen [James] like that in twenty years. I mean, he was livid. He's aged really well and he's a pretty chill guy, but the first five or ten minutes in that dressing room was not a lot of fun. But, like they say, the show must go on, and we fought through it. And with the fire and Gaga in my lap for about a minute at one point, it was just, 'Keep going, keep going, keep going.' So we fought through it, and a lot of people said that at least it made for great television, which is really the point of doing the Grammys to begin with."

Can't say I blame him. At least he powered through the performance and didn't have a hissy-fit on stage like some singers would.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 pm

20 years ago he would've burned the stage down. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Expensive show!!!! The Baltimore gig is $140 + $40 in fees for the cheap seats!!!!

affraid I paid £6 for my ticket the first time I saw Metallica! (on the MOP tour)
That's the first time I saw them as well. Can't remember how much tickets were, but I know they were less than fifteen dollars. They opened for Ozzy, about a month before cliff died.

That's very close to the first time i saw them which was a week before the accident. So glad I got to see them with Cliff because I saw them a few times with Jason and it just wasn't the same vibe.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:22 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

That's very close to the first time i saw them which was a week before the accident. So glad I got to see them with Cliff because I saw them a few times with Jason and it just wasn't the same vibe.
Yeah, I wish I could say that, but unfortunately I was too drunk to remember the vibe that night. I do remember seeing them on stage, cliff was mostly on the left side as your facing the stage, head banging hair everywhere, but that's about all. The sound wasn't very clean, think they had some technical difficulties, but all my friends said it was a greAt show lol

I did see them three more times before I gave up on them, and must say they were a great band to see live. Saw the ...and justice for all tour, and twice on the black album. The black tour was my favorite, because it was just them for three hours. And I was mostly sober for them, and can actually remember them lol
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

Wow, that's awesome that you guys were able to see the earlier lineups.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Did you ever think you'd see the day when Lady Gaga becomes an official member of Metallica?

http://metalheadzone.com/its-happening-lady-gaga-invited-to-join-metallica-as-co-lead-singer/

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 pm

^^
Sure, cuz if you can't trust Metalheadzone (?), who can you trust??

I'm going to assume that article is meant to be a gag, based on the "Engrish."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^
Sure, cuz if you can't trust Metalheadzone (?), who can you trust??

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:59 am

lol!

As conspicuous as the article is, I still wouldn't put something like this past Lars after Lulu.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 6:18 am

More fake news!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am

Considering the amount of Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood my wife watches, if this story had any credibility, those vultures would be all over this story. Lady Gaga can't blow her nose without media coverage and Mario Lopez telling her how awesome and empowering that would be.

Since it hasn't come up at the dinner table yet, I'm not too concerned.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:53 am

glassprison wrote:

My first Metallica gig was at the Water Club in San Pedro, Calif. (1982). I was their to see Shellshock. (pre- Dark Angel) Discovered a new band to dig on. Cool times.

It's cool that Metallica is still roaming the globe doing gigs. They could afford to do a 20 buck a pop show here n there.

Maybe focusing on something other than revenue streams and alternative artistic expressions, they might be able to put out something cohesive musically ?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:58 am

You don't consider Hardwired to be cohesive?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 pm

James B. wrote:
glassprison wrote:

My first Metallica gig was at the Water Club in San Pedro, Calif. (1982). I was their to see Shellshock. (pre- Dark Angel)  Discovered a new band to dig on.  Cool times.

It's cool that Metallica is still roaming the globe doing gigs.  They could afford to do a 20 buck a pop show here n there.

Maybe focusing on something other than revenue streams and alternative artistic expressions, they might be able to put out something cohesive musically ?

I see them as the Darth Vader of music these days. The machine that has been built around them is so huge and powerful that I'm not sure how much say they have over matters like ticket prices these days and they are only following the industry they are in. I'm just longing for a time when you didn't have to take out a f*cking mortgage to see your favourite band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:
glassprison wrote:

My first Metallica gig was at the Water Club in San Pedro, Calif. (1982). I was their to see Shellshock. (pre- Dark Angel)  Discovered a new band to dig on.  Cool times.

It's cool that Metallica is still roaming the globe doing gigs.  They could afford to do a 20 buck a pop show here n there.

I see them as the Darth Vader of music these days. The machine that has been built around them is so huge and powerful that I'm not sure how much say they have over matters like ticket prices these days and they are only following the industry they are in. I'm just longing for a time when you didn't have to take out a f*cking mortgage to see your favourite band.

It's not cheap to play stadiums and arenas. Long gone are the days when a band went on a plain old stage with a few lights and just played music. Now everything is a monstrous LED wall of video and multi-level stages with light up floors and enough computers and power to launch a space shuttle. Not to mention all the union labor needed to set-up and break-down all that gear. Stage hands don't work for weed and a baggie of coke any more.

I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying what it is. I work in a sports/concert arena. I see what goes on behind the scenes, not just rock, but pop concerts too. It's easy to balk at ticket prices (I know I do), but they got to cover those production costs somehow. Pop acts like Sia and Katy Perry can get sponsors to offset some of the costs and keep their ticket prices lower. They'll throw corporate logos all over the place, but because it's teeny-bopper pop music, no one cares. On the other hand, how much sh*t would be throw at Metallica (both literally and figuratively) if their tour was called "The Budweiser HardWired Tour, Brought to you by State Farm"?

Big acts require big productions these days. You want cheap? Support the local scene in your town. The $10 cover will be appreciated by whatever local garage band is playing this Tuesday night at The Drunken Monkey down on 5th & Japip. You'll be able to tell your kids someday that you saw Dickstripper and the Pus Bags back in the club before they sold out.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:
glassprison wrote:

It's not cheap to play stadiums and arenas. Long gone are the days when a band went on a plain old stage with a few lights and just played music. Now everything is a monstrous LED wall of video and multi-level stages with light up floors and enough computers and power to launch a space shuttle. Not to mention all the union labor needed to set-up and break-down all that gear. Stage hands don't work for weed and a baggie of coke any more.

I'm not saying it's right, but I'm saying what it is. I work in a sports/concert arena. I see what goes on behind the scenes, not just rock, but pop concerts too. It's easy to balk at ticket prices (I know I do), but they got to cover those production costs somehow. Pop acts like Sia and Katy Perry can get sponsors to offset some of the costs and keep their ticket prices lower. They'll throw corporate logos all over the place, but because it's teeny-bopper pop music, no one cares. On the other hand, how much sh*t would be throw at Metallica (both literally and figuratively) if their tour was called "The Budweiser HardWired Tour, Brought to you by State Farm"?

Big acts require big productions these days. You want cheap? Support the local scene in your town. The $10 cover will be appreciated by whatever local garage band is playing this Tuesday night at The Drunken Monkey down on 5th & Japip. You'll be able to tell your kids someday that you saw Dickstripper and the Pus Bags back in the club before they sold out.

That's exactly what I do. I've got no desire whatsoever to see a video screen of a band that used to be great from a mile away while paying £150 for the privilege (plus a further £20 for a paper cup of Coke and a hot dog). A fancy stage won't change that.

Strangely enough they had big shows in the '80s too. I saw Iron Maiden at Donnington along with 107,000' others complete with big production, massive fireworks, huge video screens and an army of stage crew, security etc...Still only £20 for six bands.

As I've said, this doesn't really affect me as most of the bands I want to see are grateful if they can get £12 a ticket and maybe flog a few T Shirts lol!

It's already too late for Dickstripper & the Pus Bags. They broke up and now Dickstripper is a fairly popular children's entertainer and The Pus Bags all joined a UFO cult. Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 8:16 am

glassprison wrote:
You don't consider Hardwired to be cohesive?

I do not care for the way they write and record songs these days. (IMHDO) For the most part, songs are like a bunch of ideas just pieced together. In some places it works, others it doesn't. The natural flow that I particularly enjoy in the way a song is written, arranged, and performed just is no there.

It's cool to hear people say they enjoy the record and that it's a step up.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 9:12 am

Borris2008 wrote:
Strangely enough they had big shows in the '80s too. I saw Iron Maiden at Donnington along with 107,000' others complete with big production, massive fireworks, huge video screens and an army of stage crew, security etc...Still only £20 for six bands.

That was the 80's when music still had value. They could spend big bucks because they knew they'd see a healthy return. Sadly, things change.

The outrageous prices for concessions though I can't defend. $12 for a sh*tty lite beer? $5 bucks for a soft pretzel? That's just price gouging. I took my family to an NHL hockey game not long ago and 4 pretzels and 4 bottle of waters set me back nearly $40 bucks. Ridiculous!

Rough news on Dickstripper though. I thought they were going to be bigger than the Stones.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 9:09 pm

This is pretty cool.

Can't really help that weird mid-section style shift, but otherwise it's really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next