Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - WINGS OF RAGE

Go down 
+2
Lari
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Empty
PostSubject: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Rage - WINGS OF RAGE IMG-20191017-WA0002

1. True 5:01
2. Let Them Rest in Peace 4:30
3. Chasing the Twilight Zone 4:30
4. Tomorrow 5:02
5. Wings of Rage 4:30
6. Shadow Over Deadland (The Twilight Transition) 0:35
7. A Nameless Grave 5:59
8. Don't Let Me Down 4:56
9. Shine a Light 6:43
10. HTTS 2.0 3:28
11. Blame It On The Truth 3:54
12. For Those Who Wish To Die 5:28

10th January 2020
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 2:48 pm

That's funny you posted this. I just saw a somewhat cryptic post about this on their Facebook page. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

I think a video will debut tomorrow for Let Them Rest In Peace (at least according to one of the commenters).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm

I used to be way into these guys but I lost track of them at least four or five albums ago...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I used to be way into these guys but I lost track of them at least four or five albums ago...
The last two albums without Smolski have been pretty fresh. And the bonus discs alone have been worth the price (a cover album + Avenger revisited).

Very, very straight forward music.

007 wrote:
That's funny you posted this. I just saw a somewhat cryptic post about this on their Facebook page.
I'm not on Facebook, so oops if I spoiled something. I received this via Whatsapp. I'm part of an insider group Wink (though not sure for how long now LOL)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Read about this release a while ago.

Always in the mood for some new Rage 🤘.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 pm

This will be their 24th studio album.

Plus of course LMO and Refuge that in reality are just different sides of Rage. Peavy is a machine.

I am going to try and do a complete Rage discography listen-through before the release of this new one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/rage-wings-of-rage-box-collector

DESCRIPTION
Few metal acts can look back at as comprehensive, multi-faceted and varied a career as Rage. Founded in spring 1983 in Herne in Germany’s Ruhr region, the band surrounding vocalist/bassist Peavy Wagner has integrated a wide range of stylistic nuances into its musical concept. There have been releases which focused primarily on hard thrash sounds, but also recordings featuring anthemnic power metal as well as albums with a – in the true sense of the word – symphonic orientation. Wings Of Rage, the latest offering by the three-piece, consists of all this and much more. Peavy and his colleagues Marcos Rodriguez (guitar) and Vassilios Maniatopoulos (drums) have succeeded in summarising the diversity and experience of almost 37 years of band history in twelve topical songs, starting a new chapter at the same time. “The material on Wings Of Rage is as colourful as Rage’s history,” confirms Peavy, “Although it’s always connected with the distinct evolvement of our strengths, in other words: with a contemporary style of playing and an ultramodern sound.” Wings Of Rage will be available from 10 January 2020 on Steamhammer/SPV on Digipak CD and double vinyl LP, in a limited box set and as digital stream/download. 18 October 2019 will see the arrival of the first single, ‘Let Them Rest In Peace’, including an impressive video clip which Rage shot in a closed-down paper factory.

Thanks to the diversity on Wings Of Rages, Wagner, Rodriguez and Maniatopoulos can be one hundred per cent certain that every fan will find something to their very own, personal taste. Friends of earthy thrash tracks with a typical Rage attitude will get their money’s worth mostly on numbers such as the opener ‘True’ with its sinister verse, the lead single ‘Let Them Rest In Peace’, the title track ‘Wings Of Rage’ and the intense ‘Don’t Let Me Down’. Aficionados of atmospherically dense power metal anthems will love ‘Tomorrow’ and ‘Chasing The Twilight Zone,’ while elements of classic orchestrations, as featured on Rage’s 1998 album classic 13, mark the progressive ‘A Nameless Grave’ and the ballad ‘Shine A Light’.

Talking of album classics: Wings Of Rage is rounded off by ‘HTTS 2.0.,’ a cryptic acronym for an updated reissue of the 1996 single release ‘Higher Than The Sky’ from the End Of All Days album, the musicians’ cross-reference to their own history. The finale of this thoroughly impressive new album consists of ‘For Those Who Wish To Die’ with its dominant drum groove‚ a number which is not exactly typical of Rage. In addition, but only available as a bonus track on the vinyl double LP, there’s an atmospheric reprise of ‘Shine A Light’. Rage produced their new album themselves, Marcos Rodriguez taking care of mix and mastering at the Soundchaser Studio in Burscheid. The striking cover was designed by Stan W. Decker (Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Primal Fear, among others).

Rage have gone all out on Wings Of Rage, not only in musical and production terms: Peavy’s lyrics also prove that he thinks well beyond the limits of pure metal topics. “I’ve always preferred to write about outsiders, about people on the fringes of society who have lost out on affluence and prosperity. This socio-critical perspective runs like a golden thread through the whole album.” ‘A Nameless Grave’ is about the many millions who lost their lives in pointless wars. Peavy: “Cemeteries and countless anonymous graves are full of people who had to do the dirty work for despots like Hitler and Napoleon. And while these dictators went down in history, their victims remain nameless and forgotten.”

Luckily, Rage are neither nameless nor forgotten, quite the opposite: Wings Of Rage presents the band as dynamic as ever, and their next world tour is in the pipeline for 2020. The February dates for the European leg have already been confirmed, more dates will follow soon.

CD DigiPak, 2 LP Gatefold, Powerbank, Towel, Sticker, handsigned Photocard, A1 Poster, Button
Size of box: 32 cm x 32 cm x 40 cm
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Quote :
Wings Of Rage is rounded off by ‘HTTS 2.0.,’ a cryptic acronym for an updated reissue of the 1996 single release ‘Higher Than The Sky’
Higher than the Sky 2.0

Rage - WINGS OF RAGE 692390
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 1:32 am

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 5:58 am

Pretty decent tune. If anything, the band is consistent. It certainly sounds like Rage.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 6:10 am

Consistency achieved headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 6:37 am

Very heavy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 2:35 pm

The official video:

Kind of modern sounding. No guitar solo either, replaced by a middle break with sort of death grunts. It is pretty effective at what it does though. That's a bruising song. Hopefully there's enough variation on the CD though, because musically it's not especially interesting.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 2:55 pm

As much as i love this band, the vocals tend to become a bit irritating after a while. I am never able to go through an entire RAGE album in one listen.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Reminds me of a touch of Paul Di Anno. Gritty clarity. Oh the guitar crunch ! Like Loudness.
Almost like a motorcycle gang type wisdom. Dark for sure. Disturbing. Heroic.
Nasty. Strange-fully insightful. In the trenches - preseation
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 am

New song:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 am

Excellent song!

Exciting times to be a Rage fan.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 11:53 am

That second song is much better then the first so that's good. Can't touch that 90's era though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2019 11:49 pm

I will be picking this one up. Rage never fails to deliver.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2019 6:16 am

007 wrote:
I will be picking this one up. Rage never fails to deliver.

Obviously a must buy headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 am

New track:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Very sparing with the solos! Short but sweet. Which is frustrating because Marcos can really work that axe, as evidenced by that smoking solo on "True".

I like the Twilight Zone motif at the end.

Song was the worst of the three revealed so far, but the chorus was still pretty nice. Just not a heavy hitting type of song.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 7:12 pm

I found the vocals to be a bit irritating on this one, actually.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 pm

So the album is out. Anyone got it?

I just ordered my copy. Can't wait headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Don't remind me! My copy didn't arrive yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - WINGS OF RAGE   Rage - WINGS OF RAGE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - WINGS OF RAGE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next