Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album

Go down 
+22
brokentulsa
Vexer6
bass63
Lurideath
mlotek
Boris2008
Eyesore
mikeinfla
BillRoxx
DeathCult
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Metal Misfit
iamrockerfun
ultmetal
glassprison
Glower
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:16 pm

If this is the worst production you've ever heard, you need a bigger collection.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If this is the worst production you've ever heard, you need a bigger collection.  lol! 

Maybe not the worst but one of the worst considering with today's technology this is something that could be easily fixed.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:41 am

So did anyone actually buy this yet? I keep reading rave reviews about how great it is. Whoever is reviewing must be deaf. The music is solid but the production is terrible. Glad I only bought one song.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:53 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
So did anyone actually buy this yet? I keep reading rave reviews about how great it is. Whoever is reviewing must be deaf. The music is solid but the production is terrible. Glad I only bought one song.

Unless it lands on Spotify or YouTube, I'll never listen to it. The only reviews I've seen either say it's bad or mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:55 pm

If one more band has a number as the title I'll........... angry Mad "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 19976 sick "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 505193 "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 875605 "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 430996 growl "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 69126 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:12 am

When I play an album repeatedly ALL DAY LONG like when I was younger and loving it, it must be good.
I download a lot and most stuff I only hear once and go on to the next band.

For me, this new Quiet Riot is the album of the 2014 summer!
Am going to buy it this week I think. Hope there is a vinyl version.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 am

glassprison wrote:
The new song doesn't sound very good, although it is definitely better than Jizzy's EP from earlier this year. There's going to be a pretty stark contrast between the 6 new tracks and the vintage live material.

No, it sounds good, I didn't even know there was live material at first, it blended in perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 pm

If you're waiting for a CD version of this release, don't hold your breath. Frankie Banali posted on FB today that they have no plans for a physical release, so it will remain digital-only.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 am

I finally got around to listening to this 10 release and holy shit does it suck! That singer is terrible!!! Hard to believe that this band was what got me into metal and now they are worse than worse can get!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
If you're waiting for a CD version of this release, don't hold your breath. Frankie Banali posted on FB today that they have no plans for a physical release, so it will remain digital-only.

Then I will never hear it. Oh well, from what I have read I'm not missing much.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I heard it on youtube, it not only sucks, but without Kevin DuBrow they went from a c level band to a z minus tribute band
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 pm

I saw them live on August 1st & thought they kicked total ass.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:51 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'll see if I can get a CDR copy of the album.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Earlier in the summer, I thought maybe it would just take time, and waited, as I would not mind this time buying a CD if it would never be on vinyl.

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Is that breaking the law Vexer ?
The status quo is against this I thought.

In Canada, we don't have to worry as much about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Canada#2007:_RCMP_toleration_for_personal_and_non-profit_use

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:03 pm

mlotek wrote:
Earlier in the summer, I thought maybe it would just take time, and waited,  as I would not mind this time buying a CD if it would never be on vinyl.

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Is that breaking the law Vexer ?
The status quo is against this I thought.

In Canada,  we don't have to worry as much about this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_sharing_in_Canada#2007:_RCMP_toleration_for_personal_and_non-profit_use

Very Happy

Ult has already reviewed several CDR releases of other bands like WASP and Vinnie Vincent Invasion, so I suppose you could say he's technically "breaking the law" as well.

I wasn't talking about making a copy myself, I was refering to buying one from someone else.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 am

So apparently there is a Quiet Riot documentary coming out at the end of the month. Who knew? And it's actually being premiered on Showtime January 29th, with a dvd release in May.

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Wellnowyoureherefilm2014poster

I'll watch that.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 11:50 am

^^ That's been in the works for awhile now. I'd be more interested in watching this than in seeing/hearing further music from Frankie Banali's 'I Can't Believe It's Not Quiet Riot' Revue Featuring the Vocal Stylin's of Jizzy Pearl (Coming soon to a Sizzler near you!).  

I hope the doc hits Netflix eventually cuz I don't get Showtime.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Jizzy's a great vocalist and i'm sure the new QR will be pretty good in their own right.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 pm

The movie looks interesting...I am a huge fan of the first 3 albums and the Randy Rhoads stuff and I have followed them on the rest but not really purchased much although Down To The Bone is a solid album. I love the QR album with Paul Shortino (I have the original on vinyl and the new rock candy CD version)...as for 10 I am not sure if I want it or not....its not bad...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:44 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
The movie looks interesting...I am a huge fan of the first 3 albums and the Randy Rhoads stuff and I have followed them on the rest but not really purchased much although Down To The Bone is a solid album. I love the QR album with Paul Shortino (I have the original on vinyl and the new rock candy CD version)...as for 10 I am not sure if I want it or not....its not bad...

After reading this thread I decided to listen to some of the ones I have never heard so I brought them up on Spotify and listened to QRIII. Only being familiar with Wild & The Young, I started off with track one "Main Attraction". Made it about 3 minutes into the song and it killed the whole album for me so I stopped listening to anything at that point.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I have a number of Quiet Riot albums and I've never really understood what the big deal is. They have some fantastic songs, but overall...meh.

Sums it up pretty well, you were lucky to get 3-4 good songs on an album. They had great timing with Metal Health, other than that nothing stands out enough to uh justify their popularity. I'd only ever rate MH itself and the RR compilation as worth owning. A compilation band if there ever was one. As for 10 itself? Interesting for die hard fans but there's nothing about it that screams out the need to own it. Nor even a repeat listen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

After reading this thread I decided to listen to some of the ones I have never heard so I brought them up on Spotify and listened to QRIII. Only being familiar with Wild & The Young, I started off with track one "Main Attraction". Made it about 3 minutes into the song and it killed the whole album for me so I stopped listening to anything at that point.

"Put Up or Shut Up" is about the only decent track on that one. QRIII is just an expensive coaster. On the other hand, if you're trying to give yourself an aneurism cue up "Twilight Hotel".
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 4:58 pm

DeathCult wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

"Put Up or Shut Up" is about the only decent track on that one. QRIII is just an expensive coaster. On the other hand, if you're trying to give yourself an aneurism cue up "Twilight Hotel".
Definitely disagree there, I think QRIII is highly underrated and has plenty of other great songs, I genuinely enjoy Twilight Hotel, also love Wild and the Young, Main Attraction, Slave to Love and Still of the Night.

I think you should definitely give the whole album a listen before passing judgement on it.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Quote :
Definitely disagree there, I think QRIII is highly underrated and has plenty of other great songs, I genuinely enjoy Twilight Hotel, also love Wild and the Young, Main Attraction, Slave to Love and Still of the Night.

I think you should definitely give the whole album a listen before passing judgement on it.

I agree...here are some cuts from some of the other albums that are really good...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Wellnowyoureherefilm2014poster

So did anyone else catch this last night? I missed the first 10 minutes, but the rest of what I saw was, um,...not good.

I don't know what I missed in the first 10 minutes, but they must've blew right past the Randy Rhodes years because that era wasn't mentioned at all for the rest of the movie. Nary a mention of Randy or the album he played on.

Carlos Cavazo is nowhere to be seen either. He makes a brief 15-second appearance when he runs into Frankie at a show while he's with Ratt. At the end, it says he declined to be interviewed for the doc. Take that for what it's worth.

The first 40 minute or so plays pretty much like a VH1 Behind the Music episode, with more f-bombs and titties. Rise to the top, fall from grace and Kevin's death. The remainder of it is Frankie Banali's quest to find a new singer and his struggles.

Alot of the footage felt staged and was very self-serving. Frankie asking Kevin's mom for permission to carry on the band name and then walking to Kevin's grave to talk to him just felt awkward. He cries alot too during the interviews. Watching him rip their new lead singer a 2nd a-hole after a botched show was fun though.

Frankie's girlfriend/wife directed and filmed this thing, so it's gonna be lop-sided. A good documentary needs someone who is maybe a little distant from the subject matter and can be more objective.

Overall, I didn't really learn anything new, it didn't make me want to seek out old QR albums and it made these guys look pretty pathetic and sad. Not good for a documentary. Showing 50+ year old men shopping for leather pants is depressing. Watch it for the "train-wreck" aspect of it all, but don't go in expecting much.

2 Slick Black Cadillacs out of 5.

PostSubject: Re: "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album   "Quiet Riot 10" - New Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Quiet Riot 10" - New Album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next