Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)

Go down 
+8
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ghost
ultmetal
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
mc666
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:47 pm

I love Quiet Riot. I have since 1983. Non-stop. We all know the excellent Kevin DuBrow died over Thanksgiving weekend, tragically. In rememberance of this AWESOME BAND, please share what is your favorite Quiet Riot album?

Metal Health was great, but it was just a beginning to my exposure to the band.....
My personal favorite is: 1993's Terrified. The Quiet Riot ideal was realized on this album. Awesome from beginning to end and untouchable, IMHO.

Thoughts?

<insert "I have only heard "Mental Health" comments below>
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:20 am

Metal Health. it's the only thing i ever heard by them that sounded good. no disrespect to Kevin.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 am

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) D81000h89t0

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) C91204983k5

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) D81040mu1ef
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:47 am

Metal Health for me too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:22 am

I'll be the only one, but QR is my fav. Paul Shortino has been in my top 5 vocalists ever since the first Rough Cutt album. But if you are talking about Dubrow, Metal Health.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:29 am

Of the albums I have, my Top 3 would be:
Quiet Riot II (w/ Randy Rhoads)
Metal Health
Terrified

Quiet Riot II so badly needs to be properly released on CD. It's unfortunate that Randy's mom won't ever let that happen. So many fans have not even heard that material, other than the few songs on the "Randy Rhoads Years" collection. Here's hoping that someday she will change her mind, especially now that Kevin has passed as well.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 am

For me it is also Metal Health, which is the only one that I know of them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 8:55 am

My brother and I had a long chat about the late great Mr. DuBrow last night and we both agreed that METAL HEALTH was a pretty pivotal album for both of us. I was 12 (he was 10) when I first got that tape back in the day, it was the first time we'd ever seen the term "METAL" in an album title, and also the first time either of us had heard the term "Bang your head," we didn't quite understand what that meant at the time of course, but hell, we were just kids.

We were just starting to get into popular music around that time and seeing the word "METAL" right there in black and white is most likely what made us both decide "OK, so this is metal huh? Then I guess we like metal."

As our musical interests developed and grew, my tastes and my brother's have diverged from one another over time (I'm a straight up old school tradtional/power/thrash guy, he's mostly a death metal/grindcore/hardcore guy) but we both agreed that if it weren't for hearing METAL HEALTH at the right moment, we both might have turned out quite differently. And for that, we both owe Kevin DuBrow a debt of gratitude we can never repay.

Thanks again, Kevin... and Rock In Peace 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 am

The only QR I own is the greatest hits. I was a casual fan at best. I am a fan however of Kevin's solo album, In For The Kill. I was just giving it a spin again last night. Great covers of some 70's rockers, with quite a few being on the more obscure side. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:54 am

Just a side note, Quiet Riot was the very first band I ever saw live in concert. July 23, 1983 - Great Northern Picnic - Parade Stadium - Downtown Minneapolis. They opened for Greg Kihn, Joan Jett, and Loverboy. No one had heard of them as Metal Health had just been released. The next day I went to get the cassette and it was sold out at about 5 or 6 different places I looked in. So, I think that album definately has it's own spot in the growth of our collective passion.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:44 am

Metal Health will always be my fave.With a nod to Condition Critical
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:52 am

bang your head!, metal health will drive ya mad!

says it all really
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 7:43 pm

Metal Health , of course. I feel that thing is a classic from beginning to end. It was a truly influential album in developing my love for metal. They never could re-capture the magic though.The other releases I have heard were nowhere near as good.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 9:19 am

Metal Health
The Randy Rhoads Years

I don't know the newer stuff.

ultmetal wrote:
Quiet Riot II so badly needs to be properly released on CD. It's unfortunate that Randy's mom won't ever let that happen. So many fans have not even heard that material, other than the few songs on the "Randy Rhoads Years" collection. Here's hoping that someday she will change her mind, especially now that Kevin has passed as well.

ult

Wow. I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Metal Health
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)   Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Quiet Riot Album (NOT a poll!)
Page 1 of 1