Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?

Go down 
+16
Rex
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
mc666
metalhead777
Required Fields
jstate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
CRIMSONMASK
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
mikeinfla
ZombieHavoc
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:06 am

So after checking out the (hilarious) video for "Talk Sh*t Get Shot," I ordered a copy of Manslaughter - it should be waiting for me in the mail when I get home today.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 11:58 am

I listened to the album on Spotify a few days ago, and I have to admit I found it quite enjoyable and fun. The band clearly takes their cues from classic Suicidal Tendencies and they don't try to hide it. There's even a cover of ST's Institutionalized but with changed lyrics.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 pm

Rex wrote:
I listened to the album on Spotify a few days ago, and I have to admit I found it quite enjoyable and fun. The band clearly takes their cues from classic Suicidal Tendencies and they don't try to hide it. There's even a cover of ST's Institutionalized but with changed lyrics.

Yeah that ST cover is fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Too much cussing and throwing around of the n-word for my fragile sensibilities. The ST cover is cool though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So after checking out the (hilarious) video for "Talk Sh*t Get Shot," I ordered a copy of Manslaughter - it should be waiting for me in the mail when I get home today.

Aaaaand...denied!! Nothin' in the mail today. Body Count is NOT in tha house mutha effers!! I'm bummed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Got my copy of Manslaughter over the weekend. It's a hoot. They're just as twisted and profane as I remembered'em from back in the day, and Ice-T is still spitting out lyrics faster (and with more venom) than guys half his age. Respect!!

Fave tracks are "Talk Sh*t Get Shot," "Get A Job," "Enter the Dark Side" and "Pop Bubble," a rant about current radio/pop culture which features my favorite lyric of the year thus far: "In twenty five years we've gone from 'Fight the Power' to 'What's Kim Kardashian wearing today?' ...the f*ck is wrong with you?" Laughing very hard

Apparently they performed "Enter the Dark Side" on "The Tonight Show" a week or two back... I wonder how that went over, haha.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:37 am

My favorite tracks are Manslaughter & Bitch in the Pit. The whole album is great though, except for the last song I Will Always Love You. I cannot stand that song.

jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Quote :
Ice-T is still spitting out lyrics faster (and with more venom) than guys half his age. Respect!!

I can't really recommend it (even for rap fans) but the documentary he did The Art Of Rap has some great stuff with him getting all mad and frustrated when people are video bombing his shots. Even better is his attempt to do a serious interview with the Wu crew. He is like this cranky old guy going off. Cantankerous Ice T is still the best Ice T.

I'm holding off on getting this until a good sale price comes along. Although that Fight The Power line might just make me pull the trigger regardless.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:06 pm

jstate wrote:
I'm holding off on getting this until a good sale price comes along.

So, $7 is too steep for you, or...?  surprised 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Well sh*t, every place around my way has it for 15.99. A quick check of amazon confirms the 7 buck price. And it's a good excuse to pick up some other stuff too. See you sleep on amazon a bit and it comes back to haunt you. Thanks for calling me out with that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 am

I got mine from GoHastings for 8.99, which seemed like a pretty good deal. Hey, anytime you can get a new release for under ten bucks, it's a good day.

I agree with mc666, the last song "I Will Always Love You" is the lone clunker on the disc.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Just heard it. Mixed bag really and nothing he hasn't done before.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 2:27 am

kinda like it. already herard the style on old albums, but missed the style. i listedned it maybe 10yrs ago. so im happy to listen something like that again.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 am

I hope we won't have to wait as long for the next one.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 6:10 am

weird or paradox ?
i like more BC new album than Judas Priest new album  scratch 
i think this is something i miss for long time and thats the reason why i nhoy it more.... hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2