Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle Saxon will be stoked!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Empty
PostSubject: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:26 am

from Blabbermouth

TRIXTER To Reunite For U.S. Tour - Dec. 2, 2007

Late '80s/early '90s hard rockers TRIXTER will reunite for a tour in 2008, the group's guitarist Steve Brown revealed during a recent appearance on the "Red & Jerry's Rockin' Metal Revival" radio show. Although no official timetable has yet been set for the reunion, Brown stated that the trek would most likely take place "in the spring or summertime."

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:28 am

I know this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:32 am

Hahahahaha!! "GIVE IT TO ME GOOD!"

But seriously folks... I went to high school with Trixter guitarist Steve Brown (drummer Mark Scott was a year or two ahead of us). Nice guy. I was never a big fan of the band but it was kinda cool to see our "local heroes" get fifteen minutes of fame back in the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hahahahaha!! "GIVE IT TO ME GOOD!"

But seriously folks... I went to high school with Trixter guitarist Steve Brown (drummer Mark Scott was a year or two ahead of us). Nice guy. I was never a big fan of the band but it was kinda cool to see our "local heroes" get fifteen minutes of fame back in the day.

I agree that's pretty cool. But seriously, can you call them up and tell them this isn't a good idea? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:40 am

spectrefate wrote:

I agree that's pretty cool. But seriously, can you call them up and tell them this isn't a good idea? Smile

You kiddin'? All the local bars/clubs in this area would LOVE to have that band back. They could pack a room back in the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 am

The drummer had a jewfro.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Last I saw him (on some VH1 "Where Are They Now" style show) he didn't have much hair left!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 am

Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Trixter2
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:02 am

Fun Trixter trivia:
"Mark Scott's" real last name was "Sprereigen" and singer Pete Loran's real last name was "Archibald." I guess those names weren't catchy enough for the rock n roll lifestyle.

Steve Brown's real name was... well, Steve Brown.

Steve's Dad was one of the vice principals at our high school. His name was Charles. Yup, Charlie Brown. You can't make this stuff up.

The band's original bass player was a fella name of Doug Cowie but he was either kicked out of the band or left of his own accord (take your pick) shortly before they got signed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:08 am

I bet the Trixter dudes got plenty of the southern New Jersey "mall hair" chicks back in the day.

Hey not to hijack this thread as well, but I watched Heavy Metal Parking Lot last Thursday and there was a flurry of the 80's hard rock chicks in that short. Man, my heart was pitter pattering. Smile I couldn't look my wife in the eye until Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 am

spectrefate wrote:
I bet the Trixter dudes got plenty of the southern New Jersey "mall hair" chicks back in the day.

They had their share of Northern NJ "mall hair" chicks too. Paramus also happens to be the Mall capitol of NJ, if not the world. You can't throw a rock without hitting a big box store in that town. That's why I don't live there anymore. Smile

Want even more unintentional Trixter humor? Here's Mark Scott's personal web site:

http://www.markscottonline.com/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

Mall chicks ruled. We had some in western ny as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:19 am

spectrefate wrote:

Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Trixter2

That's what my hair looked like when I tried to grow it long. Terrible, just terrible. Thank God for alcohol and jersey girls with low self-esteem.

Anyway, back on topic. Never cared for Trixter, saw them live as an opening act and they got booed. I did however like their post-Trixter band 40 Ft. Ringo. It was power-pop in the vein of Cheap Trick, Marvelous 3 and Lit. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Never cared for Trixter, saw them live as an opening act and they got booed.

You must not have seen them in Jersey, then. I saw'em twice round these parts (opening for the Scorpions in 90 and then KISS in '92) and both times you would've thought the Beatles were in the building, from the reaction of all the screaming mall chicks!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 am

Actually, Auntie Saxon will be stoked. She loves that stuff! Maybe Steelheart can get back together and tour with them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You must not have seen them in Jersey, then. I saw'em twice round these parts (opening for the Scorpions in 90 and then KISS in '92) and both times you would've thought the Beatles were in the building, from the reaction of all the screaming mall chicks!

Nah, it was in Philly at the Spectrum. I can't remember who we were there to see, but Trixter didn't go over well. It wasn't the Scorps or Kiss, because I know I didn't see them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Actually, Auntie Saxon will be stoked. She loves that stuff! Maybe Steelheart can get back together and tour with them.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nah, it was in Philly at the Spectrum. I can't remember who we were there to see, but Trixter didn't go over well. It wasn't the Scorps or Kiss, because I know I didn't see them.

I guess there wasn't enough Jersey love for Trixter to stretch across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge to Philly then.
lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm

My friends Dad loves Trixter so he will be pretty happy, then again he threw all his Judas Priest stuff out the window after Rob halford came out so maybe he is not the best judge of things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:15 pm

firestar wrote:
My friends Dad loves Trixter so he will be pretty happy, then again he threw all his Judas Priest stuff out the window after Rob halford came out so maybe he is not the best judge of things.

Wow, a homophobe who likes Trixter. I believe that's a oxymoron isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:21 pm

In all fairness, this band was a hundred times better than their singles. Unfortunately, people remember the singles, not the albums (which are really good). I don't really care that they're touring, but it would be cool to hear a new album (if they could pull it off without it sounding too modern). Of course, this is likely just a little stunt to pay off credit card bills.

Oh, and Steelheart never broke up (or, should I say, the singer never gave up the name). They put out an EP last year or so and have a new album coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:35 pm

Quote :
I guess there wasn't enough Jersey love for Trixter to stretch across the Benjamin Franklin Bridge to Philly then.
lol!

Philly can be a rough town. We booed Santa.

Quote :
In all fairness, this band was a hundred times better than their singles. Unfortunately, people remember the singles, not the albums (which are really good).

Wasn't Trixter another one of those bands that were accused of using studio musicians? I seem to remember an old MetalSludge interview where one of the members (the lead singer?) spilled the beans about their debut album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
In all fairness, this band was a hundred times better than their singles.

Um...no. No they weren't. They made Extreme look butch.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wasn't Trixter another one of those bands that were accused of using studio musicians? I seem to remember an old MetalSludge interview where one of the members (the lead singer?) spilled the beans about their debut album.

From 20 questions with Pete Loran: (http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/modules/subjects/pages/20QuestionsLoran.htm )

Quote :
18. There are rumors saying that Steve Brown didn't play that much on Trixter's first album. Is that true at all? Did you guys have a few studio musicians drop by or what?
well steve and I played...........

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:46 pm

i'm from Jersey, but cannot remember these guys. just watched a video from one of their songs & still don't recall it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uncle Saxon will be stoked!   Uncle Saxon will be stoked! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle Saxon will be stoked!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next