Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?

Go down 
+16
Rex
Metal Misfit
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
mc666
metalhead777
Required Fields
jstate
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
CRIMSONMASK
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
mikeinfla
ZombieHavoc
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Empty
PostSubject: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 9:45 am

I'm sure there are others here who like Body Count besides me.

They have a new album coming out next week (called Manslaughter--how BC of them!).

The first single is so fun and so classic Body Count. There's also a cover of "Institutionalized", which I listened to on YouTube...it's pretty fun and ridiculous. They change all the lyrics, except the chorus.

My old hardcore band used to cover "Cop Killer". It was a good time.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:02 am

I had the very first release but nothing since. Would be interested to hear this. However, I enjoy ICE-T as Fin more than anything.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 am

I've listened to three songs off the album so far and I have been extremely impressed. I mean who doesn't find the line "dusted with the musket" incredibly hilarious!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:06 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I've listened to three songs off the album so far and I have been extremely impressed.  I mean who doesn't find the line "dusted with the musket" incredibly hilarious!  

I love that whole ending part. "Tagged with a mag."
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:10 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
I've listened to three songs off the album so far and I have been extremely impressed.  I mean who doesn't find the line "dusted with the musket" incredibly hilarious!  

I love that whole ending part. "Tagged with a mag."

That simple 00 00 00 00 riffing when utilized well never gets old! I always end up bobbing my head!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 am

I own the first two BC albums, lost track of 'em after that. What little I heard of the last two records ("Violent Demise" and "Murder 4 Hire") didn't do much for me.

That first record is a classic tho. The firestorm of controversy over the infamous "Cop Killer" was pretty ridiculous when you look back on it now. They were tagged as The Most Dangerous Band in the World at that time, but listening back to that album/song twenty plus years later it's pretty cartoonish.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 pm

I think it's kinda groovy that an established TV actor/rapper icon is doing something as passe' as heavy music.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Love the 1st album, thought the second one was lame & haven't heard anything new by them since. What I've heard from "Manslaughter" has piqued(sp?) my interest.

Last edited by CRIMSONMASK on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:06 pm

SOMEONE!!!! QUICKLY CALL DAN QUAYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Body Count always reminds me of what an angry young man I was. Funny today stuff like BC functions more as nostalgia than anything. I still like it , but in a completely different way than I did at one time.

I saw Ice-T on a rap bill in 1988. At one point he was going on a monologue promoting his album Power (an underrated classic IMO). He then told the crowd to open their minds and also pick up "some real sh*t like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden". They could thank him later.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 pm

jstate wrote:
He then told the crowd to open their minds and also pick up "some real sh*t like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden".  They could thank him later.

Yeah Ice has always seemed to like metal. Doesn't he have a line somewhere, I think even before "Disorder" was around, that said some times he wants rap, and some times he wants Slayer?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:11 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
jstate wrote:
He then told the crowd to open their minds and also pick up "some real sh*t like Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden".  They could thank him later.

Yeah Ice has always seemed to like metal. Doesn't he have a line somewhere, I think even before "Disorder" was around, that said some times he wants rap, and some times he wants Slayer?

Yeah, that was in a song he did called Ricochet, from the movie of the same name that he was in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Required Fields wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
jstate wrote:

Yeah, that was in a song he did called Ricochet, from the movie of the same name that he was in.

Damn, Ricochet was such a good movie. I haven't seen it years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Ice has made a TON of movies. Some are good but a lot are crap. "Leprechaun In Tha Hood" anyone? Nah, I didn't think so. Haha.

One of his that I really liked was "Trespass," an urban action flick with Bill Paxton and William Sadler. Ice-T plays a gang leader in it and Ice Cube is his young lieutenant. Good stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 5:42 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
jstate wrote:

I believe in the Cannibal Corpse documentary, he ended up going over a few bands he enjoyed like Sepultura and things like that. It's a little foggy because its been a few years since I've seen it but the guy seems really well versed and open minded in terms of music.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:43 pm

From what I've heard of the new one, it sounds a lot like the sound they had on Violent Demise which was my favorite by them. I'm looking forward to it.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ice has made a TON of movies. Some are good but a lot are crap. "Leprechaun In Tha Hood" anyone? Nah, I didn't think so. Haha.

One of his that I really liked was "Trespass," an urban action flick with Bill Paxton and William Sadler. Ice-T plays a gang leader in it and Ice Cube is his young lieutenant. Good stuff.

I actually remember that one. Both that and Judgement Night (which has Ice w/ Slayer on the soundtrack) are my favorite "wrong place, wrong time" gang movies from the early 90s. Body Count has some good music and I always thought it was cool that a prominent rap artist was a metal fan. However, because of "Cop Killer", I never brought myself to get anything. Ridiculous or not, I have nothing but respect for law enforcement (to this day I HATE the word "pig" in reference to cops) and I never wanted anything to do with it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 2:48 am

I've been a fan of Ice and Body Count for years.Like his rap albums and his movies.Always seemed like such a cool dude to me.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I actually love Leprechaun in Tha Hood. Heh. "Lep in the hood/up to no good."

And I had the soundtrack to Tresspass. That was a fun album (or half of it was, or so).

And lest we forget, "She walks softly, but she carries a big gun":

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Ice-T-Alberto-E-Rodriguez
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

They actually did a somewhat recent tune for the Gears Of War game franchise.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Quote :
However, because of "Cop Killer", I never brought myself to get anything. Ridiculous or not, I have nothing but respect for law enforcement (to this day I HATE the word "pig" in reference to cops) and I never wanted anything to do with it.

I can respect that. Didn't bother me any, tho, cuz the album was just too bad-ass to resist.  headbanger 

...though I will admit, for a LONG time whenever I took that Body Count tape in the car with me, I made sure to stash the cassette case in the glove box or console, cuz if you got pulled over, that was just about the LAST tape you wanted a cop to see sitting on your dashboard. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
However, because of "Cop Killer", I never brought myself to get anything. Ridiculous or not, I have nothing but respect for law enforcement (to this day I HATE the word "pig" in reference to cops) and I never wanted anything to do with it.

I can respect that. Didn't bother me any, tho, cuz the album was just too bad-ass to resist.  headbanger 

...though I will admit, for a LONG time whenever I took that Body Count tape in the car with me, I made sure to stash the cassette case in the glove box or console, cuz if you got pulled over, that was just about the LAST tape you wanted a cop to see sitting on your dashboard. Laughing very hard

Yeah, what is displayed in you car can influence the DoT. I once was so tired leaving work when I was a teenager and forgot to turn my lights on. The officer saw a wrestling magazine in my back seat and after admitting to being a wrestling fan, let me off with just a warning. Not sure if it would have turned out as alright with that album showing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 11:18 am

Never listened to them before, I like "Talk Shit Get Shot" though from the new one. I'll check it out when it's released.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I own the first two BC albums, lost track of 'em after that. What little I heard of the last two records ("Violent Demise" and "Murder 4 Hire") didn't do much for me.

That first record is a classic tho. The firestorm of controversy over the infamous "Cop Killer" was pretty ridiculous when you look back on it now. They were tagged as The Most Dangerous Band in the World at that time, but listening back to that album/song twenty plus years later it's pretty cartoonish.

On the SiriusXM station Liquid Metal, they've been playing one or two songs from the new album quite a bit. The DJ for the station said he thought the album would be campy and cartoonish before hearing it, but said it was the opposite after he heard it.

As for "Cop Killer", do you think they'll ever reissue the debut album with Cop Killer put back on it (if they haven't done so already)? Especially when you consider how much worse there is that's also been put out on major labels since, and no one ever said a thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Quote :
As for "Cop Killer", do you think they'll ever reissue the debut album with Cop Killer put back on it (if they haven't done so already)?

I doubt it, unless Ice gets the rights to that album back and puts it out himself. Warner Bros. wouldn't want to kick up that hornet's nest again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?   New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Body Count album--anyone else stoked for it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next