Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hammerfall - (r)Evolution

Go down 
+17
krokus
the sentinel
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Headbanger Man
Spiner202
Shawn Of Fire
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Hadley
Lari
choosemetal
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Boris2008
MetalRob331
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:54 am

I got into these guys back around '06 or so thanks to NLTM and have thoroughly enjoyed everything they have put out.... except for infected. Two or three good tunes on that one and that was it. I hope this next one is more in the vein of the cheesy stuff like Renegade, Chapter V, or No Sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 5:03 pm

I love the new song HECTOR´S HYMN, also a great video. This is a buy or die álbum. I already preorder the doublé vinyl copy but will get it on cd too for the car and iPod. HAIL HAMMERFALL FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:43 pm

I listened to both Hector's Hymn and Bushido.

It is very clear they are returning to their older style. And I quite like the songs.

It does kind of bum me out though that a band like Hammerfall is not allowed to grow. I am sure they are bored with writing and playing the same songs over and over...hence the existence of Infected. But then people were bummed as hell on that record. Myself included.

I'd prefer them almost to keep trying to writing songs that interest them, even if they no longer interest me, then to write stuff they are bored by just to appease us close-minded fans. Heh.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:00 pm

I adored infected. still I would not mind a return to the cheesy sound.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I adored infected. still I would not mind a return to the cheesy sound.

Well, I know some people did like it. But generally, I'd say it was not received well by most fans.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad they are doing their classic style. But I understand how it might bum them out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 pm

I have to admit after hearing some songs I might actually get this. I like the new songs amazingly enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:58 pm

I do want to get this but there are a few more releases that I will be getting first,so this one goes on the back burner.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:32 pm

ordered my copy through amazon today. seems a good album.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:12 am

I listened to a little more than half of this on Spotify this morning. The stuff was definitely their strongest since Crimson Thunder I'd say.

If this came out a decade ago, I would've bought it and played the hell out of it. I got a little bored around the halfway point and turned it off though. I just can't get that into this kind of stuff now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Though I have a lot on my wantlist but only have budgeted my self one or two CDs a month, with all the praise this is getting it might be my next purchase. The comparisons to Legacy has gotten my interest piqued. Though I like all that they have released, nothing has come close to that one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 pm

I picked this up today. Does it sound like those first 2 albums? Yes! Is it as good? As of right now I'm going to say No. Its not as catchy and the songs aren't as memorable. I need more listens but so far I've listened to it twice and got nothing. Never really had a problem with previous albums.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I did not like Infected at all (which is surprising because I usually like anything James Michael has a hand it). For someone that isn't too familiar with the band, what's the one album you guys would recommend?
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Drummer clearly needs more toms... lol!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:46 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
For someone that isn't too familiar with the band, what's the one album you guys would recommend?

I would say Crimson Thunder.

It is my favorite by them, no question. Glory to the Brave is a close runner up, and it slays too. Really any of the first four (Glory, Legacy of Kings, Renegade or Crimson).
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:46 pm

I bought this on vinyl and till now i only played the A and B side. I like the songs that were on you tube but with some others i am a Little disapointed. We will see about C and side D.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I did not like Infected at all (which is surprising because I usually like anything James Michael has a hand it). For someone that isn't too familiar with the band, what's the one album you guys would recommend?

I'd say Legacy of Kings is a good album to start with, ditto Glory to the Brave. This song pretty much sums up Hammerfall for me IMO:

(its the best version of the song i could find, ignore the guild wars footage)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 5:55 pm

[quote="ZombieHavoc"]
Metal Misfit wrote:
For someone that isn't too familiar with the band, what's the one album you guys would recommend?

I would say Crimson Thunder.

It is my favorite by them, no question. Glory to the Brave is a close runner up, and it slays too. Really any of the first four (Glory, Legacy of Kings, Renegade or Crimson).[/quote

Yea what he said. Or you could just pick up the best of album.

I listened to the new album again and still got nothing from it. Shame.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Hadley wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I'd say Legacy of Kings is a good album to start with,

agree with this. LoK is on of the best power metal albums period.

the new album is the best thing they have done in years. I am diggin it.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 4:20 pm

I only have the Legacy of Kings, and that's also the only album I've ever heard by them.

I bought it as a new album when it was released. Back then I was really into power metal. I can't say I love it, but Back to Back is a great song. I didn't even realise it was a Pretty Maids cover. Figures.

The rest of the album never really clicked with me. It's a decent mix of catchy power metal anthems, but that's all. Heeding the Call, Remember Yesterday, At the End of the Rainbow, Let the Hammer Fall all sound like they could be something, but still I didn't get huge kicks out of them, and it's pretty much been collecting dust.

And it's super cheesy. Kind of like Wizard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Lari wrote:

And it's super cheesy. Kind of like Wizard.

well... nothing is that cheesy...

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 6:21 pm

I didn't mean to diss the band (Hammerfall). They do what they do, and are good at it. It was just that at around the time between '97 and '99 when I was really into this kind of stuff I chose to go with the more technical and proggy power metal like Stratovarius, and that kind of lead me into a different direction.

Later on, I took plenty of steps back and now much prefer simpler and heavier power metal. But somehow Hammerfall still never did it for me. Maybe it was the original impression I got? I think originally it was how the playing seemed too simple in comparison to the guitar magicians I was used to listening to. Meat and potatoes, not much replay value. Back then it was like "faster solos = better band".

Nowadays, I don't care so much about ability, but songwriting and general sound and appeal. But I never really got back to Hammerfall after I dropped them off of my list of bands once already...

Wizard actually is pretty awesome. But they are less serious. More like camp. Acting all true and never breaking kayfabe. I can get behind that. Hammerfall on the other hand is somehow teetering on the thin line between trying to be serious respected musicians and "awesome kult metal heroes that smash skulls and defile virgins". Wizard falls right into the second category and they are easier to digest because of that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm really enjoying the new Hammerfall. It's cheesy has heck, but I like a bit of cheese once in a while. They dropped the darker sound they had on their last couple albums and returned to the more upbeat heavy metal from their first 3 or 4 records. Really enjoying it.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 pm

:cheese: Have to throw in my two cents to say this is some of the best cheese i've heard in awhile.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 3:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm really enjoying the new Hammerfall. It's cheesy has heck, but I like a bit of cheese once in a while. They dropped the darker sound they had on their last couple albums and returned to the more upbeat heavy metal from their first 3 or 4 records. Really enjoying it.

I love my cheese.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfall - (r)Evolution   Hammerfall - (r)Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammerfall - (r)Evolution
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2