Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which HammerFall album is best?

Go down 
+16
Wargod
krokus
kmorg
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
GrandNational
MoonChild
DallasBlack
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Stender
scottmitchell74
exact33
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Which HammerFall album is best? Empty
PostSubject: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Now, I've been a power metal fan ever since I got into metal in the first place (first it was Alice Cooper and KISS. Then Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Helloween,etc.). However, I've never heard that much from this classic Euro-metal group, no less actually bought an album.

Well, I've decided that I need to take the plunge and actually join the legions of HammerFall fanatics.

Soooooo, that's where you, my metal brethren, come in. I'd like to ask all of you, which HammerFall album is the most high quality of their catalouge? Or, better yet, which album is best for a beginner to start with?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:30 pm

Legacy of Kings by far!!!

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Depends on what you like. I'm no huge fan, only having four of their albums. But I know the early stuff is your standard Euro power metal. Very good, though. Their recent two have gone in a more melodic rock/metal area, similar to what Nocturnal Rites has done. They're not quite there yet, but I think an album or two from now and the power metal will pretty much be gone.

If you like both power metal and melodic rock/metal, then just buy an album. Or buy Steel Meets Steel: Ten Years Of Glory. That would be a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:32 pm

I like that one. That's a good place to start. I like Threshold a lot but a lot of people don't, and I will say it's a little less representative of their typical sound.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Quote :
Steel Meets Steel: Ten Years Of Glory.

There you go!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 7:49 pm

I love it, I get to coach someone on one of my favorate bands! Hammerfall was the first power metal band I ever bought an album of back in 2005.

My favorate album is probaly Chapter V: unbent, unbowed, unbroken, particulary cause it was the first I heard. Its a great starting album but since they just released that 10 years of glory compilation that might be the better choice. Other good discs to check out in my opinion would be Glory to the brave, Renegade, Legacy of Kings, and crimson thunder. Whatever you do, dont buy Threshold as your first HF album as it is the weakest album by these guys so it might turn you off, mind you, it is worth having.

another good one is the one crimson night live concert album as it has some very cool concert footage.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:15 pm

I have not been able to get into much hammerfall after chapter v which i thought was ok. They kinda lost steam after that imho...

Alex

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 pm

They still have not topped LEGACY OF KINGS as far as I'm concerned. Each album since then pretty much sounds like another version of LEGACY with different song titles. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Have them all; favorite is Renegade 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Legacy of Kings, one of the best modern power albums I know. It was also my first introduction to the mighty Hammerfall back in '99.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:20 am

Legacy of the Kings
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 am

Legacy of Kings for sure.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:15 am

Legacy of Kings was the first album i owned from these guys which are one of my fav bands.

Steel meets Steel is a great starting point, but as far as cd's go here is how i rate them..

!. Renegade
2. Crimson Thunder
3. Legacy of Kings
4. Glory to the Brave
5. chapter V.
6. Threshold
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:32 am

Id definetly say Steel Meets Steel Best Of.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:39 am

Glory to the Brave or Legacy of Kings, but I like all Hammerfall's releases.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:43 am

"Glory to the Brave" by far ... just skip the ballads!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Glory to the Brave or Legacy of Kings, but I like all Hammerfall's releases.

Ditto

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 pm

GLORY TO THE BRAVE. I remember being in Germany when they released that album in 97 and they didnt stop playing at the metal pubs the song HAMMERFALL. My fave song by the band and that gives me great memories.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:17 pm

I'd go with Renegade!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
They still have not topped LEGACY OF KINGS as far
as I'm concerned. Each album since then pretty much sounds like another
version of LEGACY with different song titles. Laughing

That is exactly what I was going to say. Legacy of Kings RULES, but all
the rest leave me with the feeling that I have heard it before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:23 pm

"Legacy Of Kings" !........"One Crimson Night"-live was pretty solid.Hammerfall opening for Dio a few years ago was a d_mn good show !
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:45 pm

I'm gonna be the odd one out and go with Threshold
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:55 pm

I like Legacy of Kings and Glory To The Brave. Classics
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Does anybody have any hint on the new album that will be released sometimes this month? I hope it's not the classical galopping metal style because i'm truly sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Does anybody have any hint on the new album that will be released sometimes this month? I hope it's not the classical galopping metal style because i'm truly sick of it.

There's a thread about their new video here:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/new-hammerfall-vid-t8490.htm?highlight=hammerfall

If you're looking for HF to do something other than the "classical galloping metal style" you'll probably be disappointed, as they've been spinning that same wheel for their entire career IMO

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which HammerFall album is best?   Which HammerFall album is best? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which HammerFall album is best?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next