Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kreator: coma of souls

Go down 
+17
MetallicSeminarian
mc666
exanimate
Boris2008
SideShowDisaSter
AchrisK
DallasBlack
adrian
Witchfinder
corplhicks
jstate
DakotaRogers
glassprison
exact33
Required Fields
Gilbert
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Why is every thread on here turning into a playground bitchfight?

I like it, they didn't really put a foot wrong during their early period (or really, later on either the 90's stuff had it's charms and I love Endorama)
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Still a big fan of this album. Not sure how it's overrated as someone stated earlier in the thread, but anyway...

This is actually the last cassette that I owned once I traded or sold all of them away for CD's in the 90's. It was left in my mom's car. Her car didn't have CD player in it, so I would just listen to this tape over and over when I drove her car.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Why is every thread on here turning into a playground bitchfight?

Painkiller's lady-parts are emoting.

But hey, if anything, this thread put me in the mood for some Kreator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Unlike you, I actually get some "lady parts".

Oh, I bet. Your very being resonates lady's man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Painkiller wrote:
*ladies'

Not a grammatical error! Goodbye forever, world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Painkiller wrote:
What grammatical error? You just needed to make it into a plural.

I'll make you into a plural (if you know what I mean) *wink* *wink*  Wink 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Coma of Souls was a great album. One of my favorites from them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 10:15 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
The last good Kreator album. Overrated, but still good.

What would you say the latest albums--Enemy of God, Hordes of Chaos and Phantom Antichrist--are lacking by comparison?

I have yet to hear any of those, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:59 am

Enemy of God is a very good album.

I love all kreator, even outcast and renewal are excellent.

we need some new material by these guys.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Coma of Souls was my first Kreator album. "People of the Lie," "Terror Zone," and the title track are all standouts to me. I think I like Hordes of Chaos a bit better overall, though.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Painkiller wrote:

Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill are where it's at.

As much as it pains me to say it. I agree with Painkiller  Embarassed  You just can't beat the raw fury of the first two.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:10 am

I never really got much into Kreator...I've only really heard their earlier stuff, and it felt like speed for the sake of speed to me, without much else. Did they ever have a period where they started throwing in more groove and chunky chug riffs? I generally prefer a thrash bands period when they start doing that, when most of the early fans dip out.

Any Kreator albums like that?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:13 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I never really got much into Kreator...I've only really heard their earlier stuff, and it felt like speed for the sake of speed to me, without much else. Did they ever have a period where they started throwing in more groove and chunky chug riffs? I generally prefer a thrash bands period when they start doing that, when most of the early fans dip out.

Any Kreator albums like that?

Not really groovy, but you might like this better than some of their earlier stuff (it's a bit more melodic and hooky, IMHO):

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:28 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Not really groovy, but you might like this better than some of their earlier stuff (it's a bit more melodic and hooky, IMHO):

Thanks. I will give that a listen. I am actually now listening to this Coma of Souls album on Spotify after reading through the thread...and I am liking it a whole lot more than I liked Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:21 pm

I love TERRIBLE CERTAINTY, the first album i ever bought by the band, on tape. But i remember that i discover the band thanks to the the video clip of BETRAYER. I saw it on TV. Thats why EXTREME AGGRESSION is special to me. COMA OF SOULS is great too. I love ENDLESS PAIN special, and i think its better then PLEASURE TO KILL but not many will agree. About their last albums i like VIOLENT REVOLUTION and HORDES OF CHAOS. Their last album is not one i like very much. I prefere the last SODOM record, a killer one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:57 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Thanks. I will give that a listen. I am actually now listening to this Coma of Souls album on Spotify after reading through the thread...and I am liking it a whole lot more than I liked Endless Pain and Pleasure to Kill.

Also check the newest Phantom Antichrist. Probably the most melodic thrash with screaming vocals (ie without actual singing) I've heard.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:11 am

Painkiller wrote:
krokus wrote:
I love TERRIBLE CERTAINTY, the first album i ever bought by the band, on tape. But i remember that i discover the band thanks to the the video clip of BETRAYER. I saw it on TV. Thats why EXTREME AGGRESSION is special to me. COMA OF SOULS is great too. I love ENDLESS PAIN special, and i think its better then PLEASURE TO KILL but not many will agree. About their last albums i like VIOLENT REVOLUTION and HORDES OF CHAOS. Their last album is not one i like very much. I prefere the last SODOM record, a killer one.
I agree with almost everything you wrote! Endless Pain gets the most plays from me, and I'll even be a dick to go and consider that album black/thrash metal!

Finaly somebody agrees with me  Laughing . Yes, ENDLESS PAIN is like a black thrash because it has a evil and dark side to it. They lost that later, thats why i like their debut so much. It influences bands like NIFELHEIM, DESASTER, ANTICHRIST, CRUEL FORCE, or OLD for shore.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:35 pm

I must be a sold out fan boy because I seem to be all over their releases when they come out. Depending on my mood is what I feel gravitated to.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I really like Coma of Souls , but there are some songs that are really weak on this album , like the last 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kreator: coma of souls   kreator: coma of souls - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kreator: coma of souls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2