Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma

Go down 
+9
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Required Fields
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Empty
PostSubject: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Former DEATH, ICED EARTH, DEICIDE and OBITUARY guitarist Ralph Santolla is in a coma at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa, Florida after suffering a heart attack Tuesday night.

Ralph's mother, Sue Santolla-Rocha, revealed his condition in a Facebook post earlier today. She wrote: "Friends and family, it is out there now, so let me tell you what I know.

"Ralph thought he had a spider bite on Saturday. Went to the hospital. It was not a spider bite; it was a blood clot. Tuesday night he fell and he had a heart attack. John Rocha gave him CPR until EMT arrived. His heart had stopped but they got him back.

"His visuals are stable but he is in a coma. He is on a ventilator, but he is breathing around it. He could breathe on his own, but they do not want to add additional strain to his body. He is in a coma. That is the main concern at this moment. They can fix everything else.

"We are having as many of his friends as he can come and talk to him and play music. There has been a minimal movement, but some. It is ICU, but he is in a private room and they are letting anyone in and they can stay as long as they want. So please pray as he has people all over the world praying and if you can come and spend time with him.

"Please… he needs to get back from the place that he is in. I love you all... Let's just work on getting him out of the coma if we can."

Although Santolla never recorded with DEATH, he toured with the legendary death metal act in 1993 and appeared in the group's "The Philosopher" video.

Santolla, who is believed to be 51 years old, played on and off with DEICIDE between 2005 and 2011 and appeared on three of the band's albums: "The Stench Of Redemption" (2006), "Till Death Do Us Part" (2008) and "To Hell With God" (2011).

Ralph joined OBITUARY in 2007 as the replacement for Allen West. He recorded with the band on the "Xecutioner's Return" (2007) and "Darkest Day" (2009) albums as well as the "Left To Die" EP (2008).

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 pm

Yikes. That ain't good. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Here's to a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 2:26 am

I hope he pulls through.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I hope he pulls through.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Florida will get you one way or another.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:57 pm

I hope he recovers.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 7:05 pm

I heard that Schmier from Destruction said that he heard there is no brain activity from him. No idea if that's 100% true or not, but if it is, that's quite grim.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 7:47 pm

This is what he was working on before he got sick. Cool stuff, I hope he gets to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 9:10 pm

He was also in a band a few years ago called Devil's Highway with Kyle Thomas from Exhorder. Unfortunately, the band never got off the ground.

DEVIL'S HIGHWAY, the new "supergroup" featuring vocalist Kyle Thomas (TROUBLE, EXHORDER), Ralph Santolla (DEICIDE, OBITUARY, DEATH), Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, SADUS), guitarist Matt Brunson (CROWBAR, KINGDOM OF SORROW) and Tony Laureano (DIMMU BORGIR, NILE), has begun recording its debut album at Vulture Lounge in Tampa, Florida and DDT Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana. Santolla is handling all production duties on the CD, which is expected to be completed in December for an early 2015 release.

DEVIL'S HIGHWAY's sound is described in a press release as "a mixture of classic metal and hard rock with nods to BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS, vintage SCORPIONS and early OZZY OSBOURNE.

Thomas had the following to say about the formation of DEVIL'S HIGHWAY: "I met Ralph on tour when ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY was doing main support for OBITUARY. We hit it off perfectly from day one and have been close friends ever since. On that tour, he played me some songs he was writing and asked if I'd be interested in working on it with him. I immediately said yes, because I thought it was fantastic.

"After going to Japan with Ralph, Tony and Steve [as the DEATH METAL ALLSTARS], we decided it was so much fun that we should make a real band.

Story continues after advertisement
"Although we've been working on the songs bit by bit for quite some time, it will be well worth it when it's done. Some of my closest friends say this could be the best material I've ever been involved with. I'm honored to be in the mix."

Added Santolla: "This debut has certainly been a long time coming. Steve and I have been planning to do a record together for ages. I couldn't get psyched unless there was a world-class singer involved and then I met [Kyle], so that was that. We all have an awesome musical and personal chemistry, and the songs, arrangements and playing are very strong. I think a lot of people are really gonna love this. Plus, the artwork is bitchin'."

DEVIL'S HIGHWAY is:

* Kyle Thomas (EXHORDER, ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY) - Vocals
* Ralph Santolla (OBITUARY, ICED EARTH, DEICIDE, DEATH) - Guitar
* Matt Brunson (CROWBAR, KINGDOM OF SORROW) - Guitar
* Tony Laureano (DIMMU BORGIR, 1349, NILE, ACHERON) - Drums
* Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, SADUS, ICED EARTH, DEATH) – Bass
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:12 am

Devil's Highway's album is in mid-production. Ralph was recording and fixing guitars when this happened.

Dorian (Ralph's son) has indicated that Ralph will be taken off of life support tomorrow. Sad

This is making me very sad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:36 am

Quote :
Dorian (Ralph's son) has indicated that Ralph will be taken off of life support tomorrow.

Awww man, that sucks. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Even more terrible news.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 12:51 pm

I was afraid this was going to happen. It's rare that they come back from something like that. Very sad news.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Oh, that's terrible.

He was a really amazing guitarist.

EDIT: Apparently he just passed away. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Oh, that's terrible.

He was a really amazing guitarist.  

EDIT:  Apparently he just passed away.  Sad

AS of 45 minutes ago (2:15 EST) he was still living. The plan is still to remove life support tomorrow.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Sad news..

I only no of his work with Millenium, Excellent with both Jorn & Plant on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Yeah it looks as though Revolver were running a story that he had passed a couple of hours ago but if you click the link to the story it says that he is still in a coma but about to be taken off life support.

I don't know the guys work but he seemed talented and was also about to study for a degree.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:12 pm

I was hoping he would pull through... very sad news!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:40 pm

R.I.P. Ralph Santolla.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Yeah it looks as though Revolver were running a story that he had passed a couple of hours ago but if you click the link to the story it says that he is still in a coma but about to be taken off life support.

I don't know the guys work but he seemed talented and was also about to study for a degree.

He was going to be taking music composition classes. He was a true student of music. By my estimation, he was a musical genius. I swear, I think he could SEE music.

This is from the album he did w/ Jorn

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Sad news! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 am

2 hours ago, Ralph's mom posted that he has now left us. RIP buddy. Sad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 11:22 am

RIP sir.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 3:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
2 hours ago, Ralph's mom posted that he has now left us. RIP buddy. Sad

Sorry, bud. I know you have a more personal connection with him. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma   Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitarist Ralph Santolla in a Coma
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: