Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reverend - Reissues!!

Go down 
+15
jstate
Gilbert
exact33
nevermore
ultmetal
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
allthingsmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Witchfinder
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 pm

The reissues are out now and available for order.  

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/artist/reverend
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The reissues are out now and available for order.  

http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/artist/reverend

awesome!

ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:30 pm

I only know the song for their video. really liked it. and as I always do nowadays I´ll "ilegally" acquire their stuff in the right time.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 pm

ze_mau wrote:
I only know the song for their video. really liked it. and as I always do nowadays I´ll "ilegally" acquire their stuff in the right time.

the Divebomb re-issues are first rate. I just ordered my copies. Matt even ship overseas for a decent price.

ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:53 pm

I no longer have a international credit card and and I no longer buy physical CDs. But I could start to buy stuff from itunes and such when I acquire a new card and stop "stealing" music. I know , I know ...
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:
I was really hoping to finally find a copy of A Gathering of Demons.
(I was lucky enough to find a copy of Play God on cd years ago in a $2 bin in a rap music store.)
This is still awesome news though.

lucky catch. But what were you doing in a rap music store?? Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 505193 

Sorry--just saw this^^ but, being a cd junkie I go into any store I think sells used cds (certain book stores, video game stores even thrift stores) You never know where some fed up parent will dump off their (adult) kid's cds that they are tired of storing (while they are in jail.......). Just kidding, but I do search everywhere.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 1:48 am

Dammit, I have to wait a week before buying these. Gonna finally get that Heretic box set too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Dammit, I have to wait a week before buying these. Gonna finally get that Heretic box set too.

You do need all of these. NEED!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:53 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

You do need all of these.  NEED!

ordered!!!!

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 pm

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

You do need all of these.  NEED!

ordered!!!!

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:31 pm

ze_mau wrote:

Congratulations on screwing the bands you claim to love.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 pm

as soon as I geta credicard again Ill start to get it "the right way" , mmmmmmmmmmkay ?
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Payed downloads I mean. I don´t buy CDs anymore. I prefer mp3.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm

I was fortunate enough to get the two full lengths several years ago for $5 each at a used CD store. I would like to get these for the EPs but with very little spending money it just won't fit into my budget.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Just placed my order for both!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:

they are both excellent. You should like them.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 pm

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I'm certain of it. I've heard clips thanks to YouTube and I have the EP as a DDL and it's headbanging stuff. Anyone know how long shipment takes to Ca?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:02 am

corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I'm certain of it. I've heard clips thanks to YouTube and I have the EP as a DDL and it's headbanging stuff. Anyone know how long shipment takes to Ca?

3-5 days

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 am

exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
exact33 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

3-5 days

ooo Might be tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:16 pm

Good news: music is INSANE, and in many ways actually better than the Howe era of MC. God, what a band. Korban is a great guitarist and writer, and between the EP and both albums I can't decide which is better. It's all consistent and great throughout. These will not be leaving my stereo(s) for some time. I also enjoy the liner notes and photos.

Bad news: I really hate to be a debbie downer...

First thing I noticed right away when I threw on World Won't Miss You was how muddy the mix was, I had to back the bass waaaay off and even then the guitars weren't driving on top as much as I've heard from the youtube clips. Upon further analysis, sorry but these remasters have been horribly compressed, with most tracks on World ranging from DR5 to DR7. The original albums scaled at DR11 to DR13. Now, it's not fully brickwalled, but it's close, with clipping happening more on Play God. The mids are pretty hollow as well compared to what I've previously heard. Cranking it up makes it much worse, and when compared to other metal releases of the era, just doesn't match that classic sound. This was a major oversight IMO, and I'm certainly going to continue to pursue the original pressings. Still happy that they're seeing the light of day and getting some recognition.

I also need to scan the EP tracks to see what kind of tinkering was done on those.

On a final note--I really miss David Wayne. RIP.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Not sure why I haven't ordered these yet. That nasty procrastination bug got a hold of me I guess. I'll wait till Tribunal is sold out, then piss & moan that I didn't get them when I had the chance.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:36 am

I finally got both releases. Earlier this morning, i received world won't miss you and gave it a first spin on my way back home.

Solid album. Needs more listens of course. Wayne's vocals are excellent.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:48 am

Gilbert wrote:
I finally got both releases. Earlier this morning, i received  world won't miss you and gave it a first spin on my way back home.

Solid album. Needs more listens of course. Wayne's vocals are excellent.

I still pull 'em out once in a while. Really fucking heavy stuff that grows on you. I still stand by my opinion on the mix though; it's a swamp.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 11:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverend - Reissues!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next