Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Empty
PostSubject: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:07 pm

OK, so there's another Reverend thread out there for one of the albums but this thread is more for the disgrace that is the present line up.

Is disgrace too strong a word ? I don't think so, give me another word for what they are doing ? to me they should never have kept the name going after David Wayne (god rest his soul) passed away, I don't care about all this crap about "we are keeping the Legend alive", have you ever heard such tripe (this thread not included).

Who are Reverend these days ? lord none of the members have ever recorded anything in the David Wayne version of the band, in fact 4 of the five members already have an other band "Byfist" (surprise they have a new album out soon too) and the Vocalist is from the band "Ancient Cross" now I personally have nothing against the Vocalist Michael, he tried out and got the gig but I feel the other four (or moreso the ring leader of them) is just looking for publicity, what with the new CD and all. Is this wrong ? should they have let the legend that was Reverend lay with David Wayne ? or aleast if O'Hara or Korban or any other member of the past Reverend had of restarted the band I would be dead chuffed.

I just think it's pure Bullshit.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Yeah, tey should just let it rest. Reverend wil never be Reverend again.

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:30 pm

From what I understand, David wanted the name to be continued. He said that before he died. But I have no idea what the guys are up to. In fact this is the first I have heard that they are, indeed, granting his dying wish.

I say, more metal in the world is a good thing. Hopefully it will be listenable and worthy of the name, REVEREND!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:44 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
In fact this is the first I have heard that they are, indeed, granting his dying wish.!

Ohh they've been at it for about 2 years now, have released nothing though, a new CD is due soon too,
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 pm

Angelo Espino, former Reverend bassist, told me he thought it was a bad idea as well.

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 2:52 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Angelo Espino, former Reverend bassist, told me he thought it was a bad idea as well.

This is the problem that I have, I could realy understand if past members were involved, but this is just Byfist using the name as a springboard because they can't make it in the scene themselves.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:43 pm

So is this pseudo-Reverend still in existence?

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?   Reverend - Are they a Joke now ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverend - Are they a Joke now ?
Page 1 of 1