Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reverend - Reissues!!

Go down 
+15
jstate
Gilbert
exact33
nevermore
ultmetal
metalheaded
MetalGuy71
allthingsmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Witchfinder
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Reverend - Reissues!! Empty
PostSubject: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:58 pm

I never thought I'd see these reissued but Divebomb comes through once again.  My understanding (via Shawn) is that both EPs will be the bonus tracks. (I don't know which EPs - the S/T, Live or A Gathering of Demons.)

http://www.divebombrecords.com/site/reverend-reissues-coming-8122014/

"Few bands can survive the departing of a vocalist. This was the crossroads that Heretic found themselves at in 1988. The Los Angeles-based metallers had just had their dynamic front man, Mike Howe, leave the group for greener pastures, becoming the singer for Metal Church. It was an opportunity that no one in Heretic faulted him for jumping on, but it left them with the daunting task of replacing someone so unique. Several auditions were held, but no one seemed fit for the job of replacing Howe. Exhausted and disappointed, Heretic threw in the towel.

Well, kind of.

One of Heretic’s label reps had suggested they give recently ousted Metal Church vocalist, David Wayne, a call.  Though not immediately on their list of replacements for Howe, the band could not ignore the kind of press hype a “singer swap” would bring to the band. A few phone calls later, Wayne auditioned by demoing vocals on the newer, much heavier direction guitarist Brian Korban and bassist Dennis O’Hara had been writing for Heretic. The results were undeniable.

REVEREND was born.

A debut EP surfaced in 1989, but it wasn’t until REVEREND delivered two classic thrash tinged heavy metal albums that people took serious notice. 1990’s World Won’t Miss You and 1991’s Play God brought the group critical acclaim, and helped grow their fan base throughout the globe.

Despite traditional heavy metal falling out of favor in their hometown of Los Angeles, REVEREND never compromised their musical vision to try and fit in like many of their counterparts awkwardly did. Album tracks like “Another Form of Greed” and “Butcher of Baghdad” found REVEREND mining from their classic metal roots and infusing the material with a modern thrash bite. It was a perfect marriage of both the song craft of early ‘80s metal with the muscular guitar tones of the day.

World Won’t Miss You and Play God, both long out of print, are now getting the Deluxe Edition treatment from Divebomb Records. The new discs both include brand new mastering, bonus tracks and new essays culled from a conversation between former REVEREND guitarist Brian Korban and music journalist Carlos Ramirez of noecho.net.

Fire…brimstone…and good old fashioned rock-n-roll…that’s the gospel according to REVEREND!

Both reissues have a street date of AUGUST 12th, 2014"

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:06 pm

This... Is an answer to prayer.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

I have everything by Reverend including the Reverend EP, but I'll still buy these.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Yay!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12611

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 8:08 pm

yeppers

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:38 am

Cool! I need to get Play God,this is a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:00 am

I have them all so I won't be getting them but that is great news. Divebomb is excellent!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:50 am

A Gathering Of Demons is not part of this series.

Just the 2 full-lengths, s/t EP and Live EP

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:15 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
A Gathering Of Demons is not part of this series.

Just the 2 full-lengths, s/t EP and Live EP

Cool. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 12:35 pm

I was really hoping to finally find a copy of A Gathering of Demons.
(I was lucky enough to find a copy of Play God on cd years ago in a $2 bin in a rap music store.)
This is still awesome news though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Never heard them myself. Guess now would be a good time to get 'em.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Let's hope the remastered sound is done correctly...I'd be interested in these, if so.
If they butcher the sound and compress it all to smithereens, I'll stick with searching for the originals. Right now I only have the Live EP.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:46 pm

I have them all on CD already, including all 3 EPs. I also have the first EP on vinyl, so I'll probably pass on these but it's cool they are going to get out to the masses again. It sucks that some of this classic stuff is so hard to find.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:58 pm

The Reverend - Live ep has been sitting in the used bin at my local FYE for awhile now. Thought about picking it up a few times, but always ended up finding something else.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:30 pm

The Live is actually the only thing of their's I do not have but live releases hold no interest for me so I never tried getting it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:38 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Let's hope the remastered sound is done correctly...I'd be interested in these, if so.
If they butcher the sound and compress it all to smithereens, I'll stick with searching for the originals. Right now I only have the Live EP.

Divebomb doesn't butcher anything...all remasters sound great...all remastering work done by Jamie King (Between The Buried And Me producer)...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

Divebomb doesn't butcher anything...all remasters sound great...all remastering work done by Jamie King (Between The Buried And Me producer)...

Every Divebomb release I've purchased has been top notch!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 11:56 am

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 7:14 pm

nevermore wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

Every Divebomb release I've purchased has been top notch!

yep. I am looking forward to the Reverend. Divebomb has some great stuff - Forte, Manta Ray, Picture.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 5:22 am

allthingsmetal wrote:
I was really hoping to finally find a copy of A Gathering of Demons.
(I was lucky enough to find a copy of Play God on cd years ago in a $2 bin in a rap music store.)
This is still awesome news though.

lucky catch. But what were you doing in a rap music store?? Reverend - Reissues!! 505193 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 7:27 am

I have both the full length releases (also found them in dump bins) but for the EPs this is an easy double dip.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:55 am

Divebomb's reissues of Reverend are due in August!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:06 pm

FYI if you live in So Cal Heretic will be playing with Helstar. Go to www.hereticusa.com
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Reverend - Reissues!! A0451194664_2

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/world-wont-miss-you-deluxe-edition

Reverend - Reissues!! A0671539104_2

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/album/play-god-deluxe-edition

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm

i just got couple of Divebombs releases and Matt is still on his game.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverend - Reissues!!   Reverend - Reissues!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverend - Reissues!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next