Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!

Go down 
+10
XYZ
Svengo
DeathCult
sam
Stender
T-Roy
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

A treat for thrash fans.....

Growing up in West Virginia in the 80's and being a fan of thrash sometimes was difficult. Other than the major bands, getting a hold of quality thrash was a chore. Lo and behold one day a friend gives me a copy of a demo from a thrash band called "Chemikill". Needless to say I was blown away. I have no clue why this band was never signed. Fast forward 20 years, I get a hold of these demos and decide to make a cover and tray card for them, just for the hell of it. Now I offer this package to you:

Never before released officially.....All three Chemikill demos plus a live show from 1989 with CD cover and CD tray card designed by me.

Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Chemik10Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Chemik11

Sorry for the low bitrate on some of the files, but they are the best copies I could find.

I'd be interested in what you think of this unsung band.

Here's the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PEKNGJ30

pass: heartofmetal

Last edited by SpectreFate on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:20 am

I'll check it out later. Thanks for the info.

Were they named after the EXODUS song?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'll check it out later. Thanks for the info.

Were they named after the EXODUS song?

I do believe so. They started about the time Pleasures of the Flesh came out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

I wouldn't doubt for a second they were named after the Exodus song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 am

Looks cool, I'll give it a shot later when I get home. Thankee in advance.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks Spec,I'll check it out when I get home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am

NICE! Man - your skillz are gettin' madder every day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:35 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
NICE! Man - your skillz are gettin' madder every day!

Thanks Unc! Now if I could just use those skillz to pay da billz. Razz
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 am

Bummer, won't unzip the file on my mac.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 am

I'm getting an inconsistent read. It starts then stops. I wonder if my computer doesn't like it?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 pm

rad dude! Mucho thanko!!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 pm

thanks dude! sweet artwork too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Awesome Spec, I havent heard this stuff in a long time Very Happy Truly badass on the artwork too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Don't use the default application on your Mac to unzip it. Open it with Stuffit Expander instead (should be on your Mac). It will then give you the option of entering the decrypt password.

and great job on the artwork Spec! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:43 pm

FREEEE! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Hey guys. The "Live" show at the end of the folder is a different Chemikill band. I thought it sounded totally different. Smile

Here is the edited back cover if you want it, and I'm going to reupload the music.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img12/1049/chemikilltray.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PEKNGJ30

pass: heartofmetal

Thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Cool, thanks! Always like to hear some previously unheard thrash....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 7:41 pm

I started the band a Myspace page.....

http://www.myspace.com/chemikillmd
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:34 am

Svengo wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Don't use the default application on your Mac to unzip it. Open it with Stuffit Expander instead (should be on your Mac). It will then give you the option of entering the decrypt password.

and great job on the artwork Spec! Very Happy
um....did you just tell me to "stuffit"!?? cheers
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:11 pm

NICE! I'll have to download this at home tonight...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Not bad stuff. I listened last night.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 am

Givin' this a first spin right now and it sounds pretty good to me... very Exodus like. Nice find (and nice artwork) Spec!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:59 am

Track #3 is identified as "Relentless Horror", but I hear the same "No Time Left To Die" chorus in it. "No Time Left To Die" is track #2. drunken
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

Coma wrote:
Track #3 is identified as "Relentless Horror", but I hear the same "No Time Left To Die" chorus in it. "No Time Left To Die" is track #2. Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Drunken_smilie

That's how it is on the demo. I didn't change anything.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Been listening to this one a bunch today, Spec... good stuff. Me likey. 🤘

Is it just me or does the vocalist sound a bit like Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus of GWAR)?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!   Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey thrash fans! Yeah...I'm talkin to YOU!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next