Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reverend horton heat!

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
Am I Evil?
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

Reverend horton heat! Empty
PostSubject: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:38 am

Who loves them some Reverend.My favorite is bales of cocaine
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:25 am

I thought he was interesting for a short time and also that band called "Southern Culture on the Skids".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Big fan of the Rev. and his brand of psycho-billy music!!

Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 2:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Big fan of the Rev. and his brand of psycho-billy music!!
he's playing with motor head out in Austin in September.Gonna see if I can go as I'm a big fan of him and motorhead.Some band named nashville kitten are playing with them to idk who they are but I'll just hang out during them
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Nashville Pu$$y are a loud, greasy biker-bar type band. I'm not much of a fan, but they're good at what they do. I'd check 'em out if you have the opportunity. With a line-up like that (Nashville, Rev., Motorhead), I'd be there. Sounds like a great show.

I only have 2 Rev albums and one compilation, but I love 'em all. I'll eventually get the rest of his discography. I like some good old fashioned rockabilly from time to time and the Rev's super-charged version is right up my alley.

Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nashville Pu$$y are a loud, greasy biker-bar type band. I'm not much of a fan, but they're good at what they do. I'd check 'em out if you have the opportunity. With a line-up like that (Nashville, Rev., Motorhead), I'd be there. Sounds like a great show.

I only have 2 Rev albums and one compilation, but I love 'em all. I'll eventually get the rest of his discography. I like some good old fashioned rockabilly from time to time and the Rev's super-charged version is right up my alley.
I'll be going most likely.I want his whole discography.motohead rocks
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Bales of Cocaine was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread. Full Custom Gospel Sounds is the only one I own but am always on the look-out for others.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:47 am

I used to have "Spend a Night in the Box" back in the day. I liked it, but not enough to hang on to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:18 pm

Not sure this will get much attention, but the Rev and company have put out a new album, Whole New Life

Pretty much the same ol rockabilly he's been known for. Nearly 30 years and 12 albums into it, he ain't about to change things up, which is fine by me. Rock on, Reverend, rock on!!

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I only have 2 Rev albums and one compilation, but I love 'em all. I'll eventually get the rest of his discography.

Since that post way back in '09, I have completed my RHH discography.  crazy happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am

Hell yeah! I need to pick it up. Can't wait to get it. One of my all-time favs!

I saw live them a few years ago, first times since the 90s, and when they played "I Can't Surf," Jimbo didn't "surf" on his bass like he did back in the day. I was bummed, but only because I realized how old we'd all gotten. Haha.

For the style of music they play, those shows in the 90s were insane!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 am

Eyesore wrote:

I saw live them a few years ago, first times since the 90s, and when they played "I Can't Surf," Jimbo didn't "surf" on his bass like he did back in the day. I was bummed, but only because I realized how old we'd all gotten. Haha.

They were just in Philly in a small club last week. I didn't find out till the day before and I couldn't go but man, I would've loved to see them live!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

They were just in Philly in a small club last week. I didn't find out till the day before and I couldn't go but man, I would've loved to see them live!

Different kind of show now. Back in the day they dressed like punk rockers, but now they're all about the rockabilly style. And it's waaaaaaaay mellower in the crowd. They used to stir up a crazy mosh pit. Now people could drink wine and watch the show. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Yea, the dude's near 60 now. Can't keep up that same energy forever. Getting old stinks. I still would've liked to see 'em live. It was billed as "A Christmas Caravan" show too. His Christmas album is one of my seasonal favorites.

PostSubject: Re: Reverend horton heat!   Reverend horton heat! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverend horton heat!
Page 1 of 1