Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Cowboys pull out a win over New Jersey's NFC team.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Watched the Panthers pull out a victory against the Dolphins. And now I'm watching Denver crush New England.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 10:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
Got up early to watch the live global broadcast of the 50th anniversary Doctor Who story -The Day of the Doctor. Well worth it!
Just watched and loved it. I don't think that this show gets enough credit for the incredible balancing act it performs. Too serious - not Doctor Who. Too silly - not Doctor Who.

This got it spot on.
Agreed. that balancing act is a tricky one to pull off, and this episode especially did it brilliantly. it also scored a Guinness World record into the bargain:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/444886/Doctor-Who-anniversary-special-sets-world-records-as-millions-tune-in-to-Day-of-The-Doctor

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Doctor Who - The Armageddon Factor

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:24 am

Grabbers (2012)

Fun Irish horror comedy about a village fending off cthulhu-esque sea monsters. The only way to avoid being eaten is to get blind drunk...cause the alcohol is poisonous to the grabbers. Very much an homage to old school creature features as well as references to films ranging from Gremlins to Shaun Of The Dead. A pleasant enough diversion for 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 6:10 am

That looks like something I'd like.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 am

Superman Reboot. What a waste of time.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Superman Reboot. What a waste of time.
Yeah they pretty much botched every aspect of that one.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Grabbers (2012)

Fun Irish horror comedy about a village fending off cthulhu-esque sea monsters.  The only way to avoid being eaten is to get blind drunk...cause the alcohol is poisonous to the grabbers.  Very much an homage to old school creature features as well as references to films ranging from Gremlins to Shaun Of The Dead.   A pleasant enough diversion for 90 minutes.
cool. I just grabbed that myself :-)

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 am

"Last Days Here" (2011)

In the 1970s, Pentagram could've been America's answer to Black Sabbath... but the unpredictable nature of lead singer Bobby Liebling f*cked it up for them and the band fell apart. Bobby then spent the next 30+ years living in his parents' basement, using tons of drugs and putting together numerous half-assed 'new' Pentagram lineups, hoping to get a second shot at the big time. When a longtime Pentagram fan begins acting as Bobby's new manager and tries to help him achieve that dream, they hit many obstacles along the way.

This flick is like the darker side of 'Anvil! The Story of Anvil,' as both films cover similar themes (i.e. rockers who probably should've hung it up ages ago, but refuse to quit) although Bobby Liebling's story is more tragic than Anvil's. Still, it's a fascinating, though somewhat depressing, film that's worth a look. Now I gotta look into getting some of Pentagram's tunes, cuz they sound pretty bad-ass...!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:46 am

Almost Human
Sleepy Hollow
Haven

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Last Days Here" (2011)

In the 1970s, Pentagram could've been America's answer to Black Sabbath... but the unpredictable nature of lead singer Bobby Liebling f*cked it up for them and the band fell apart. Bobby then spent the next 30+ years living in his parents' basement, using tons of drugs and putting together numerous half-assed 'new' Pentagram lineups, hoping to get a second shot at the big time. When a longtime Pentagram fan begins acting as Bobby's new manager and tries to help him achieve that dream, they hit many obstacles along the way.

This flick is like the darker side of 'Anvil! The Story of Anvil,' as both films cover similar themes (i.e. rockers who probably should've hung it up ages ago, but refuse to quit) although Bobby Liebling's story is more tragic than Anvil's. Still, it's a fascinating, though somewhat depressing, film that's worth a look. Now I gotta look into getting some of Pentagram's tunes, cuz they sound pretty bad-ass...!
Pretty depressing flick...... Bobby's lucky to still be alive. I did get a chance to see them a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:01 am

Quote :
Pretty depressing flick...... Bobby's lucky to still be alive. I did get a chance to see them a couple years ago.
The main diff between this and the "Anvil" movie (to me anyway) is that Steve "Lips" Kudlow came off as a pretty nice, average, likeable guy so you naturally rooted for him.

On the other hand, Bobby Liebling was such a messed up, unrepentant f*ck up for most of this movie that it was kinda hard to feel anything at all for him, haha. I thought for sure that he was gonna be dead by the end of it. Obviously it ended on an "up" note but wow, what a depressing journey to get there!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
The main diff between this and the "Anvil" movie (to me anyway) is that Steve "Lips" Kudlow came off as a pretty nice, average, likeable guy so you naturally rooted for him.

On the other hand, Bobby Liebling was such a messed up, unrepentant f*ck up for most of this movie that it was kinda hard to feel anything at all for him, haha. I thought for sure that he was gonna be dead by the end of it. Obviously it ended on an "up" note but wow, what a depressing journey to get there!!
Agree - parts of the flick were hard to watch
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:12 am

Quote :
Yea, esp. when he was picking at those big ass nasty scabs on his arms and goin' on about the "parasites" under his skin... BLEAH!! sick 

If I were that "Pellet" guy (the dude who was trying to help him get his sh*t together) I probably would've let him rot in jail and walked away. That guy deserves a medal for all the crap he went thru. Haha

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:25 am

The Walking Dead

Sleepy Hollow

Family Guy (what on earth was that?)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Yea, esp. when he was picking at those big ass nasty scabs on his arms and goin' on about the "parasites" under his skin... BLEAH!! sick 

If I were that "Pellet" guy (the dude who was trying to help him get his sh*t together) I probably would've let him rot in jail and walked away. That guy deserves a medal for all the crap he went thru. Haha
Yea, parts of this were hard to watch. And while they tried to end things on an up note, you just know they guy is going to fall apart again.

After seeing this, I got my first (and as of now my only) Pentagram album, First Daze Here. It's a collection of their early material from their beginnings. I enjoy it very much, despite some tracks being poorly recorded demos and such. I'd recommend that to you Freddy. It's a good as place as any to start.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote :
After seeing this, I got my first (and as of now my only) Pentagram album, First Daze Here. It's a collection of their early material from their beginnings. I enjoy it very much, despite some tracks being poorly recorded demos and such. I'd recommend that to you Freddy. It's a good as place as any to start.
I gave that one a listen on Spotify this morning. Very Happy Sounded like pretty good stuff. I'll probably track down a copy of the actual CD (and/or its followup comp, First Daze Here Too) at some point.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Anathema's Universal DVD
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 9:50 pm

007 wrote:
I read that future Family Guy plotlines include Brian, so I'm guessing that Stewie rebuilds his time machine, or the episode has a second part which reveals it to be a dream or simulation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:31 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:36 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am

Required Fields wrote:
007 wrote:
I read that future Family Guy plotlines include Brian, so I'm guessing that Stewie rebuilds his time machine, or the episode has a second part which reveals it to be a dream or simulation.

Well, we'll find out soon enough. That was a very strange episode,so totally out of left field.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next