Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 pm

I generally avoid "extreme" films these days, I just no longer get enjoyment out of them. I will make exceptions if the subject matter of the film really *needs* the extreme aspects to tell the story…for example "Hard Candy" which is well-written, acted and directed.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 am

Rare Exports.

Second R-rated holiday movie of the season shouldn't have been rated R. Funny we're talking about extreme movies. Anyway, this was fun and could have been really good except for one sinister outcome that almost made me throw my beer at the TV:

You never get to see the demonic Santa Claus.

That's right, no payoff, no full realization of this massive, scary monster you wait to see for most of the running time. To top it off, there was no good reason why this movie was rated R. Minor amounts of blood, a body count of one--ONE--and a bunch of naked old men. This movie should have been a nasty, sinister, scary little gem but wound up being an entertaining waste of time. I suggest avoid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, that was my major complaint with that one too.  I found the shorts in the extras section to be gorier AND more entertaining than the actual movie.

I bought "Rare Exports" and "Saint" (aka Saint Nick, aka Sint) last year to add to my annual Toho's Twisted Christmas collection. My favorite out of that collection is still "Santa's Slay"; I can watch that over and over and still laugh my ass off.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Watched this last night at the Tower Theaters 75th Anniversary celebration

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Algiers_xlg

Not bad for 75 cents. That movie was the first one that they showed when it opened in 1938, they even had some short subjects and a cartoon, just like they would have back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 pm

chewie wrote:

Not bad for 75 cents. That movie was the first one that they showed when it opened in 1938, they even had some short subjects and a cartoon, just like they would have back then.
The success of Algiers led Warner Bros. to commission Casablanca a couple years later.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:29 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 519WOQMly2L._SX215_
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:56 pm

S.D. wrote:
chewie wrote:

The success of Algiers led Warner Bros. to commission Casablanca a couple years later.  
It was an excellent movie!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18895

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:37 am

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:45 am

S.D. wrote:
I generally avoid "extreme" films these days, I just no longer get enjoyment out of them.  I will make exceptions if the subject matter of the film really *needs* the extreme aspects to tell the story…for example "Hard Candy" which is well-written, acted and directed.  

The last "extreme" film I saw was World War Z It was extremely shit! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39461

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 am

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 am

Some family sh*t has been cutting into my movie watching time over the past week or so, yesterday I started making up for it by watching two in one day...

Devil in the Flesh (1998)

A pre-'Charmed' Rose McGowan is the lone bright spot in this teenybopper variation on 'Fatal Attraction,' as a disturbed teen who develops a fixation on her hunky creative writing teacher. Naturally she will allow no one - not his girlfriend, nor her religious nut grandmother, or her social worker - to get in the way of her happiness, even if it leads to murder. This is totally predictable teen slasher stuff, but I have had a major woody for Rose since the late 90s and she looks dynamite here.... so it gets a pass.

Silent Hill: Revelation (2012)

Sequel to the video-game based horror flick finds the little girl from the last film, all grown up and entering the haunted town of Silent Hill again to rescue her father. Where the first flick was more of a psychological horror that depended on mood, Revelation is straight up action packed splatter/gore with a few moments that steal liberally from the Hellraiser franchise. It was obviously made on a smaller budget than the original, but on the other hand it's easier to follow (and it's about a half hour shorter). I may be the only one but I think I liked this better than the first.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:23 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I generally avoid "extreme" films these days, I just no longer get enjoyment out of them.  I will make exceptions if the subject matter of the film really *needs* the extreme aspects to tell the story…for example "Hard Candy" which is well-written, acted and directed.  

The last "extreme" film I saw was World War Z It was extremely shit! Laughing very hard 
That was an "extreme" film? Looks like Disney's take on the zombie apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

A very tame film to be sure. Even the uncut version, which is the one I saw.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

007 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

A very tame film to be sure. Even the uncut version, which is the one I saw.
I just don't see how anyone could make a dramatic PG13 zombie movie. Especially from the f*cking director of Monster's Ball, the most R rated movie I think I've ever seen. Shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:09 pm

He was joking, saying it was "extremely" bad.

Last edited by S.D. on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Yeah, I missed that bit. TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 82702
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Understood. I was just sort of agreeing with his statement. The movie had the potential but didn't come through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

I really don't know how anyone could expect World War Z to be anything less than a disaster considering how problem-plagued the production was.  The script was re-written 3 different times with different writers, the entire last hour of the film was thrown out and then had to be re-shot.  The studio demanded all the political elements be removed from the script so that it was just a straight-ahead action movie and part of the deal with the studio to get the film financed was it HAD to be a PG-13 film, studios will not invest hundreds of millions of dollars if it shuts out the teenage audience.  To get an R rating they would have had to cut 2/3 of the budget.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I really don't know how anyone could expect World War Z to be anything less than a disaster considering how problem-plagued the production was.  The script was re-written 3 different times with different writers, the entire last hour of the film was thrown out and then had to be re-shot.  The studio demanded all the political elements be removed from the script so that it was just a straight-ahead action movie and part of the deal with the studio to get the film financed was it HAD to be a PG-13 film, studios will not invest hundreds of millions of dollars if it shuts out the teenage audience.  To get an R rating they would have had to cut 2/3 of the budget.
I knew it had problems but not to what extent. I did know that it was nothing like the book (which I hadn't read but my son did).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:39 pm

But I'm Chris Jericho
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Arrow

American Horror Story : Coven
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:40 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:24 am

Sons of Anarchy season 1
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next