Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:04 pm

"Back to the Future" (1985)

The fantasy classic with Michael J. Fox as an '80s teen stuck in the 1950s still holds up very well all these years later. I watched it with my ten year old son and he enjoyed it too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Back to the Future" (1985)

The fantasy classic with Michael J. Fox as an '80s teen stuck in the 1950s still holds up very well all these years later. I watched it with my ten year old son and he enjoyed it too.

I really enjoy this movie - even after all these years.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:43 pm

S.D. wrote:

Oblivion (2013)

One of the few big-budget spectaculars I've seen this year that actually creates a genuine sense of wonder about the world it depicts.  It is so refreshing to see a big studio movie in 2013 that isn't afraid to slow down the pace a little bit and actually invest some time in the human characters instead of having to hit an action beat every 10 minutes of screen time.  The downside of the film is the overall plot is a little too close to some other movies (Moon, The Matrix) but it is so lovingly crafted that I was able to forgive it and just let myself be carried away by the experience.  I'm not usually a fan of CG spectaculars but this one was gorgeously rendered.  

I love this film, just about everything about it is fantastic, lovingly crafted sums it up perfectly and special mention must go to Anthony Gonzalez and Joseph Trapanese for the music. By all accounts not a happy marriage but within the context of the film it's just about perfect.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Time for me to see Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:32 am

Yesterday was a rainy Sunday so the wife and I caught a few "B" movies via Encore on Demand...

"The Fog" (2005)

Totally unnecessary remake of the John Carpenter classic stars Tom "Smallville" Welling, Maggie Grace and Selma Blair as residents of an island fishing village menaced by the vengeful ghosts of a sunken ship's crew. Some occasionally nifty fog effects but no atmosphere or suspense whatsoever. This flick didn't even scare my ten year old. Stick with the original.

"Body Count" (1997)

Also known as "Below Utopia," Alyssa Milano stars in this suspense thriller as a soon-to-be-bride meeting her fiancee's dysfunctional but rich-as-hell family for the first time at their palatial estate... then the festivities are interrupted by a gang of home-invadin', cap-bustin' art thievin' gangstas led by Ice-T. This is pretty predictable stuff, but Alyssa was at the peak of her late '90s hotness when she made this flick and she's wearing a body-hugging dress for the whole movie, so that at least made it watchable. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Alyssa Milano.  Her episode in the Outer Limits relaunch several years back was a classic; she gets nekkid. And it's not a set of stunt boobs either.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Alyssa still looks fantastic at age 40.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Milano26f-1-web
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:23 pm

S.D. wrote:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Milano26f-1-web

No doubt!

And she's a huge baseball fan.  Oh if I were only younger....and richer....and better looking...and travelled in important Hollywood circles...AND she wasn't already married.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:

No doubt!

And she's a huge baseball fan.  Oh if I were only younger....and richer....and better looking...and travelled in important Hollywood circles...AND she wasn't already married.

LOL!!!!

watched today:

Star Trek: Voyager - Season 1

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've always had a soft spot for Alyssa Milano.  

I've got a spot for Alyssa Milano...but it ain't soft. Very Happy

...Yes, I went there.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

...Yes, I went there.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Downlo14
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

...Yes, I went there.

Laughing very hard  I thought about that after I posted it. Leave it to you to hit the batting practice pitch.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

...Yes, I went there.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

...Yes, I went there.

I heard Anthony Wiener has a hard spot for her too......
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Body Count" (1997)

Also known as "Below Utopia," Alyssa Milano stars in this suspense thriller as a soon-to-be-bride meeting her fiancee's dysfunctional but rich-as-hell family for the first time at their palatial estate... then the festivities are interrupted by a gang of home-invadin', cap-bustin' art thievin' gangstas led by Ice-T. This is pretty predictable stuff, but Alyssa was at the peak of her late '90s hotness when she made this flick and she's wearing a body-hugging dress for the whole movie, so that at least made it watchable. Very Happy

It's strange that Ice-T has been in both a movie called Body Count and a band called Body Count.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 am

Quote :
It's strange that Ice-T has been in both a movie called Body Count and a band called Body Count.

Yeah, that is odd. You would think that if they were gonna use that title, they would've put some of Ice-T's music in the movie but... nope. So if Ice was hoping to get some kind of cross promotional deal out of appearing in the movie, it failed miserably. Haha

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Death Wish on Super8 at a friends house.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 pm

kmorg wrote:

Cooooooool.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

corplhicks wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Cooooooool.

It is! He has 16mm and even 35mm projectors as well. Next time we will see Star Wars on 35mm reels.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Cooooooool.

It is! He has 16mm and even 35mm projectors as well. Next time we will see Star Wars on 35mm reels.

That really is about as retro cool as it gets!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Dollhouse - Season 2

Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 am

Newest 2 episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:46 am

Little People Big World
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Been watching the Pirates vs Cardinals series. Very cool to see the Bucs take 3 out of the 5 so far and leap frog the Cards into 1st place (for now).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:49 pm

007 wrote:
Been watching the Pirates vs Cardinals series. Very cool to see the Bucs take 3 out of the 5 so far and leap frog the Cards into 1st place (for now).

Nope, I tried Google Translate and still nuthin'!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next