Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+28
jstate
Svengo
Ricky
metalinmyveins
Sutekh
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
iamrockerfun
kmorg
nevermore
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
chewie
Gryphon-kl
Boris2008
Wurthless
shamgar75
corplhicks
tohostudios
thejokeriv
exact33
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:36 pm

corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
I finally watched Moon. Good flick.

My wife analyzed the theme as the price of Capitalism or something like that.

Moon was the most solid sci-fi I'd seen in a while. Looking forward to Europa Report. It seems esoteric sci-fi is making a comeback.

I really enjoyed Moon and I only heard about because SD posted about it in this thread a long time back.  I bought the DVD cheap off Amazon and just loved it because I didn't really get what was going on until the "final reel".

I followed up his recommendation of "Moon" with his recommendation of "Source Code".

Since then I've paid closer attention to SD's opinions on "sci-fi" movies

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm

I also watched Moon as a result of this forum. I enjoyed it, S.D knows his flicks! (and his music) Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:

Moon was the most solid sci-fi I'd seen in a while. Looking forward to Europa Report. It seems esoteric sci-fi is making a comeback.

I really enjoyed Moon and I only heard about because SD posted about it in this thread a long time back.  I bought the DVD cheap off Amazon and just loved it because I didn't really get what was going on until the "final reel".

I followed up his recommendation of "Moon" with his recommendation of "Source Code".

I gotta check out Source Code!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:30 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:

I gotta check out Source Code!

It's a good one IMO. Same director as "Moon".

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Catch up on Falling Skies
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Dollhouse

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
The Expendables 2

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Pilot episode of Freaks & Geeks.

You know who else watched the pilot episode of Freaks & Geeks? Kurt Cobain. You know what happened to him?

HE DIED!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Warehouse 13 while I'm waiting for Fringe. Never got to finish this fabulous show that got killed off too early.

Boris2008 wrote:

Okay, I need to know if this is any good. I saw the first three episodes and it was brutal, man. Just rough. There was so much in the way of bad that was being thrown at the screen. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad chemistry, bad storytelling, bad conflict, bad engagement, just awful. Does it get any better? 'Cause alien invasion shit is right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:38 am

corplhicks wrote:
Warehouse 13 while I'm waiting for Fringe. Never got to finish this fabulous show that got killed off too early.

Boris2008 wrote:

Okay, I need to know if this is any good. I saw the first three episodes and it was brutal, man. Just rough. There was so much in the way of bad that was being thrown at the screen. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad chemistry, bad storytelling, bad conflict, bad engagement, just awful. Does it get any better? 'Cause alien invasion shit is right up my alley.

It isn't great, I think it's watchable when I'm bored, but the fact that we're a fair few episodes in before I've got caught up tells it's own story, I haven't exactly been counting down the days for it to come back. I think the story is good but as you have said, the chemistry isn't there.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am

Robotech II: the Sentinels

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 pm

exact33 wrote:

I wish that they would complete that!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:35 pm

chewie wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I wish that they would complete that!

me too. The comic adaptions were horrible.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:10 pm

"Quick Change" (1990)

Bill Murray dresses as a clown and robs a Midtown Manhattan bank, which goes off without a hitch....however, making it to the airport to escape proves to be a problem for him and his two sidekicks (Randy Quaid and Geena Davis) as they encounter mobsters, insane bus drivers, car thieves, and the N.Y.P.D.

A very funny, overlooked "caper" comedy with a great cast. Recommended.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Quick Change" (1990)

Bill Murray dresses as a clown and robs a Midtown Manhattan bank, which goes off without a hitch....however, making it to the airport to escape proves to be a problem for him and his two sidekicks (Randy Quaid and Geena Davis) as they encounter mobsters, insane bus drivers, car thieves, and the N.Y.P.D.

A very funny, overlooked "caper" comedy with a great cast. Recommended.

Really good film, haven't seen it in years. I love Bill Murray though!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Drinking Buddies (2013)

Excellent slice of life drama/comedy focusing on two co-workers (Olivia Wilde & Jake Johnson) and how their relationship affects their significant others (Anna Kendrick & Ron Livingston). All the dialogue in the movie was improvised, no actual script was written, just a 40 page treatment outlining the characters and plot points they needed to hit. It takes an excellent cast to pull that off and Wilde, Kendrick and Johnson are more than up to the task. One of the most honest and enjoyable films I've seen this year.

Oblivion (2013)

One of the few big-budget spectaculars I've seen this year that actually creates a genuine sense of wonder about the world it depicts. It is so refreshing to see a big studio movie in 2013 that isn't afraid to slow down the pace a little bit and actually invest some time in the human characters instead of having to hit an action beat every 10 minutes of screen time. The downside of the film is the overall plot is a little too close to some other movies (Moon, The Matrix) but it is so lovingly crafted that I was able to forgive it and just let myself be carried away by the experience. I'm not usually a fan of CG spectaculars but this one was gorgeously rendered.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Re-watched "Sharknado" with my ten year old son this morning. He thought it was a hoot, esp. when

Spoiler:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:59 pm

I agree S.D; 'Oblivion' was fantastic. It also succeeded at moving me more than the possible influences mentioned. I take it over 'Into Darkness' in the sci-fi arena, and I might be the biggest Trekkie here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:56 am

The Conjuring (2013)

Sufficiently creepy and stylish haunted house yarn, a definite improvement over Insidious (19 million extra dollars helps too). What it lacks in originality it makes up for in atmosphere and skillful execution. Loved the slow-burn pacing, to create tension you really need time for it to simmer before cranking up the heat, Wan has the timing to get it right. Technique buffs should enjoy the camerawork, some really inventive shots. Vera Farmiga and Lili Taylor are both excellent.

In a summer full of bloated big studio productions this little $20 million retro-ghost story flick is a pleasant change of pace.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:26 am

AM Raw
Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:06 am

Salvador
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am

Raven - Rock Until You Drop: A Long Day's Journey
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Iron Man

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next