Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Lambesis Arrested

Go down 
+30
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
exact33
Addy
choosemetal
Vexer6
DevZor
GrandNational
jettafiend
thejokeriv
metalken
T-Roy
nevermore
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
Grimmo
mc666
EmoElmo
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
manny
Temple of Blood
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
chilejay7
SpectreFate
metalhead777
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:21 am

I think there's more to this story....

I liked Manny's post about good ole fashion divorce (though I wouldnt wish it on anybody)

Whatever happen to going your own way?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:19 am

jettafiend wrote:
His personal beliefs aside, I really want to know what would drive a guy to this extreme behavior. IMHO, this really sounds like a case of long standing depression and physical exhaustion that has built up and never been dealt with, leading to complete burnout or a meltdown.

naw - its just the violent tendencies that metal promotes finally emerging in this guy....

oopppsss... this is not the anti-metal forum... Embarassed

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 8:22 am

Never ever underestimate the power of madness, negativity, and the fuel that public apathy or stupidity can bring.......never think that you don't have a breaking point.......this is so awful all the way around.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:01 am

I don't know much about the guy or band, but I've read he was a gym fanatic. Maybe he was 'roid-raging?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:09 am

Negative stigma; and besides, were that the case he would likely do it himself.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:36 am

I'm just saying it could put him in an altered-state of mind.

I have 2 personal friends, one that went through a bad divorce and another that is currently going through the process. You'd be shocked at some of the stuff that goes through their minds and comes out of their mouths about their former "soulmates".

You get pushed far enough, hiring a hitman seems like a rational idea.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:31 am

He's juiced to the gills on roids and he's obviously mentally impaired. Great combo.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:35 am

Exactly right MG71..

As messed up as it is for some to admit, we can't start to imagine, as I said, that we don't each have a breaking point....because we do. We can come to that point on our own accord, or because of things that have befell us, but the purpose of making the correct choice or sometimes even making a choice with a strong will at ALL can just seem further and further and further away.

The crux of all failure, if ethics are involved, is lack of personal responsibility, but when EVERYTHING is out the window..?

I've been in some really really bad places in my life before, mentally. Somehow managed to drag myself and/or get dragged back in the light. I can't quite imagine when you let go 100% as it would seem Tim has if this is true.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm just saying it could put him in an altered-state of mind.

I have 2 personal friends, one that went through a bad divorce and another that is currently going through the process. You'd be shocked at some of the stuff that goes through their minds and comes out of their mouths about their former "soulmates".

You get pushed far enough, hiring a hitman seems like a rational idea.
Factor in some roids...and you've got issues.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
He's juiced to the gills on roids and he's obviously mentally impaired. Great combo.
I've known two guys who lifted and juiced...one had lost everything after emptying a handgun into his bed with his wife in it...fortunately he was shooting beside her. He went to art school with me 20 years ago and was trying to get his life back....really neat guy, learned a lot from him. The other was a complete a-hole who bragged about juicing while throwing massive tantrums in the bindery of the print shop everytime his machine jammed or stopped. Psycho.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:59 pm

The thing about roid rage is that when it happens, it's spontaneous. Violence from roids happens in the heat of the moment, it's not a slow anger that takes planning or requires much thought. Case in point, the pro wrestler Chris Benoit. Many thought roid rage is what caused him to kill his son, wife, and himself. Turns out his brain was scrambled from too many concussions. His crime was done over a period of several days, not a spur of the moment act. Blaming juicing up does not explain these things. Maybe a factor, but not the overall reason. It could just be that he's a despicable human being. Unfortunatly, many people don't ever think of that, they always try to find a reason when sometimes it's just the evil nature of man.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:06 pm

The evil that men do lives on and on...
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:52 pm

This is absolutely horrible (his faith or lack thereof aside) news. The "why's", "how come's", "what for's" will always be unknown. Man has been studying man's behavior especially trying to figure out the source/cause of negative, illegal, violent, behavior from people without severe mental illness or developmental disabilities. There are as many theories as researchers.

Regardless, he is accountable. Life circumstances aside, there is no excuse (none that will make sense to me). I've heard lots of people who have done illegal or abusive things justify their behavior (in a way that makes sense to them) but to me it boils down to one thing: selfishness. "me first, you second". All negative things in this world can be boiled down to that. That is why Christ explained that treating others the way you want to be treated summed up ALL the law and ALL the prophets.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
His personal beliefs aside, I really want to know what would drive a guy to this extreme behavior. IMHO, this really sounds like a case of long standing depression and physical exhaustion that has built up and never been dealt with, leading to complete burnout or a meltdown.

naw - its just the violent tendencies that metal promotes finally emerging in this guy....

oopppsss... this is not the anti-metal forum... Embarassed

Wink Lol. Thankfully the "metal"part of the equation is being left alone other than in passing for now.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:44 am

Not to nitpick, but without healthy forms of selfishness nobody is in any state to help or love someone else. If you treat somebody badly, by Christlike ethics, it indicates you wish the same, and if you care for yourself, you don't want to be treated badly - thus - rational selfishness. If you have nothing in yourself, you have nothing to offer to others, and therefore you will only take. Just saying. We don't wanna stigma every form of the word.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 5:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Not to nitpick, but without healthy forms of selfishness nobody is in any state to help or love someone else. If you treat somebody badly, by Christlike ethics, it indicates you wish the same, and if you care for yourself, you don't want to be treated badly - thus - rational selfishness. If you have nothing in yourself, you have nothing to offer to others, and therefore you will only take. Just saying. We don't wanna stigma every form of the word.

One of the most intelligent comments I've read in quite some time. Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 25679
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:11 am

Looks like Lambesis is using the 'Roid Rage excuse for wanting to kill his wife and losing his faith.

Lawyer: Steroid Use Is To Blame For AS I LAY DYING Frontman's Murder-For-Hire Plot - May 17, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190092

According to NBC San Diego, AS I LAY DYING frontman Tim Lambesis — who was charged last week with trying to hire a hitman to kill his estranged wife — had his bail lowered from $3 million to $2 million during a hearing this afternoon (Friday, May 17).

Lambesis, who has said he considers himself to be a Christian and acknowledges that he finds inspiration for lyrical content from biblical texts, was arrested on May 7 in an Oceanside, California bookstore. He faces nine years in state prison if convicted.

Prosecutors initially requested that Superior Court Judge Martin Staven set Lambesis' bail at $20 million, saying the singer remains "substantially motivated to kill his wife."

During today's hearing — which was initially scheduled for 1:30 p.m. but was postponed to 3:00 p.m. — the singer's defense attorney, Tom Warwick, blamed Lambesis' steroid use for the alleged murder-for-hire plot. He also revealed that Lambesis is going through steroid withdrawal while in custody.

Lambesis' family is unable to make bail, so he will remain in jail, Warwick said. The lawyer had asked for bail of $250,000.

Lambesis' attorney said the "gym culture" led to "changes in [the singer's] physiological and mental status," with Tim's bodybuilding obsession causing him to go from 170 to 220 pounds after first taking supplements, then steroids. "[He] was not the same person. He was irritable and lost God."

Lambesis is now said to be off steroids, going through withdrawal, and in total isolation in jail for protection from other inmates. He’s also getting personal counseling from a jail chaplain.

"It has been a terrible tragedy," Warwick said. "He was a very caring, gentle man [before taking steroids] and we need to get him back."

Prosecutors allege Lambesis had twice told a man at a gym that he wanted his wife killed, then met with an undercover detective known as "Red", and gave the agent an envelope containing $1,000 in cash, photographs of his wife, and the security gate code to her house. He also allegedly told the agent the dates he would be with the couple's three adopted children, in order to give himself an alibi.

"When specifically asked do you want her dead, he said, 'Yes that's exactly what I want,'" Deputy District Attorney Claudia Grasso told the judge. "The victim now is terrified and living in seclusion."

In court on Friday, Grasso said that Lambesis did not flinch when told the hit on his wife would cost $20,000. "He was very willing to pay that," she said, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune.

Lambesis, who was originally booked into jail on suspicion of two felonies — conspiracy and murder-for-hire — was ordered to wear a GPS monitor and turn in his passport and was warned by the judge that, if he is released from jail, he must stay away from his immediate family. The conspiracy charge was dropped before Lambesis was arraigned.

Lambesis' wife, Meggan, filed papers in September 2012 in San Diego Superior Court seeking a dissolution of the couple's marriage.

Defense attorney Anthony Salerno told Artisan News last week that he suspicious of the circumstances of Lambesis' arrest and believed Meggan's family could have been involved in setting him up. "Tim's wife's brother, I understand, is a San Diego Sheriff's deputy," he said. "I think I would be remiss if I didn't fully explore that, 'cause that is a litte bit… it's at the bare minimum very coincidental, and it may be more than that."
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:32 pm

^^ I am really not sure whats going on now?? The waters are getting muddier as this plays out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Defense attorney Anthony Salerno told Artisan News last week that he suspicious of the circumstances of Lambesis' arrest and believed Meggan's family could have been involved in setting him up. "Tim's wife's brother, I understand, is a San Diego Sheriff's deputy," he said. "I think I would be remiss if I didn't fully explore that, 'cause that is a litte bit… it's at the bare minimum very coincidental, and it may be more than that."

I find this incredible that a defense lawyer is throwing around accusations like this in the press whilst the investigation is going on. Are they allowed to do that?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I find this incredible that a defense lawyer is throwing around accusations like this in the press whilst the investigation is going on. Are they allowed to do that?

Of course. They are defense lawyers and have substantial freedom to say what they want.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:17 am

So it's official, this dude is going with the "Steroids Made Me Do It" defense. Yeah, good luck with that.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyer-lay-dying-singer-tim-lambesis-blames-steroids/story?id=19268499

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:54 pm

If steroids causes someone to kill, then this guy must be a cereal killer:

Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Riod

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:07 pm

"cereal killer"? Someone is out there murdering Frosted Mini-Wheats?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
"cereal killer"? Someone is out there murdering Frosted Mini-Wheats?

I've heard that joke so many times, that just comes up naturally. I mean "serial killer". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Looks like he made bail today and was released....

http://www.metalinjection.net/as-i-lay-dying-frontman-tim-lambesis-released-from-custody.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Lambesis Arrested   Tim Lambesis Arrested - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Lambesis Arrested
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next