Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
manny wrote:
The Great Gatsby (2013)

Tell us; how was it? When I first saw the trailer before Les Miserables I thought good Lord this is way too polished and why the hell is it going to be in 3D. Then I saw Baz Luhrmann's name pop up and thought oh. Well, that makes sense. I became excited to see it as I realized the book is all about excess so why not the movie. Now all the reviews are pretty meh about it, and Jay Z is on the soundtrack??! So I've been hoping to hear some non-critics weigh in on the movie.

I am a huge F Scott Fitzgerald fan, hell all you need to read his the book this movie based on or his short stories and you will see why. I loved the movie, despite a few liberties here and there from the source material, it was the most faithful adaption of the book, with Lurman capturing the spirit of the book and Leonard, is incredible as the Gatsby, captures his boyish charm and hints of inner darkness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
With a huge tentpole film like this there is no way a historically accurate music score would have been embraced by your average 25 and under crowd that he's targeting, so he updated it.

To what ? Hip hop ?

Partially; Jay-Z, Beyonce, Will.I.Am, Florence & The Machine, Jack White, Lana Del Ray, all modern stuff.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 11:20 pm

manny wrote:
I am a huge F Scott Fitzgerald fan, hell all you need to read his the book this movie based on or his short stories and you will see why.

I had to read The Great Gatsby for school once. I thought it was boring and barely could get through it for the class. Apparently, I'm not alone. My dad who reads more books than anyone I've ever known and enjoys many of the classics feels the same way. If you like it though, more power to ya.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:00 am

It's a badass book; I'm more a fan of Hemingway's style but Gatsby, if you really consider its historical context, can be a poignant allegory when paralleled with our own times. But I know many others--including my former English professor--who can't stand it. Same with Hemingway. Most modern/postmodern authors tend to be polarizing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:11 am

DallasBlack wrote:

I had to read The Great Gatsby for school once. I thought it was boring and barely could get through it for the class. Apparently, I'm not alone. My dad who reads more books than anyone I've ever known and enjoys many of the classics feels the same way. If you like it though, more power to ya.

People rarely enjoy books they are forced to read to get a grade, especially in high school. Most people I've talked to either absolutely loathe Gatsby or think it's a complete work of genius, very little middle ground.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:23 am

Red And Stimpy Seasons 1 & 2

WILL HE SUCCUMB TO THE MADDENING URGE TO ERADICATE HISTORY??

AT THE

MERE

PUSH

OF A SINGLE

BUTTON????
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

Finally watching:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 227+-+Star+Trek

I've seen all the Star Trek movies before this but for some reason never got to seeing this one. Figured that since the next one is coming out I should see this one. The bald captain at the start of the movie reminded me of a joke a comedian made about Captain Picard:

Quote :
All this time into the future, with ships capable of inter galactic space travel and all kinds of amazing technology... and they still haven't came up with a cure for male patterned baldness?
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 4:04 am

Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:04 am

S.D. wrote:
007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
With a huge tentpole film like this there is no way a historically accurate music score would have been embraced by your average 25 and under crowd that he's targeting, so he updated it.

To what ? Hip hop ?

Partially; Jay-Z, Beyonce, Will.I.Am, Florence & The Machine, Jack White, Lana Del Ray, all modern stuff.

Well.... that's peculiar. And count me in as one who hated reading The Great Gatsby. Incredibly boring stuff.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:47 am

S.D. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

People rarely enjoy books they are forced to read to get a grade, especially in high school. Most people I've talked to either absolutely loathe Gatsby or think it's a complete work of genius, very little middle ground.

I'm one who couldn't stand Gatsby nor F. Scott Fitzgerald's writings in general...... his stuff works better than an Ambien, IMHO.

My minor in college was English, so I did read a lot. Preferred Hemmingway, or heck, even DH Lawrence.

I know people that loved his books and it's all good if people do, but personally I'd rather go to the dentist than read F Scott...... (no offense to Manny!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:56 am

"Jason X" (2002)

How do you continue a slasher movie series when your formula has been run completely into the ground by an endless parade of sequels?

A. Make yet another film that's exactly like all of the preceding ones

or

B. Go absolutely f*ckin' nuts.

Obviously the makers of "Jason X" chose option "B." That's the only possible explanation for this tenth installment in the "Friday the 13th" series which puts the slasher and sci-fi genres in a blender and hits "puree." Serial killer Jason Voorhees is cryogenically frozen in the 21st century and then thawed out four centuries later aboard a space research shuttle. Fortunately, teenagers of the future are just as stupid and horny as the ones back in the day so Jason gets back to his old business quickly. The usual slashing, mutilating, shooting, and explosions ensue accompanied by lotsa cheap special FX.

Fans of the "F13" series either love or hate this movie. You can put me in the "love" category, mostly because it's so hilariously bizarre (the movie works best if you look at it as a parody of the "Friday" movies rather than another legitimate entry in the series). It's action packed, gory, violent, stupid, and totally over the top, but you can't deny that it's entertaining as hell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

Re the "Gatsby" discussion.... Read the book in high school and hated it. A couple of years later I read it again in college and it finally clicked. I chalk it up to having a better instructor to guide me thru it the second time around.
I don't have any plans to see the new film, but I saw the 70s version with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow years ago (again, in college) and I remember enjoying that one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:13 pm

S.D. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I agree with this statement, and jokerman if you don't like it, no offense implied, we all process things different. I fall in the camp that feels Fitzgerald is a genius
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I agree with this statement, and jokerman if you don't like it, no offense implied, we all process things different. I fall in the camp that feels Fitzgerald is a genius

Cool - didn't think you'd take it that way!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Saw the 90 minute version of Monday Night Raw on Hulu. Cuts through a lot the crap in the three hour show. When I'm on the road as a trucker, this will be how I get most of my wrestling.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Only In America With Larry The Cable Guy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Jason X" (2002)

I haven't watched any of the Friday films for years but I actually went and saw Jason X in the theater because it was just too gonzo for me to pass up. A complete blast and like you said basically a simultaneous homage/parody of the series. I seriously doubt I'll be watching any of the other films in the near future but I could definitely watch Jason X again.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:52 pm

This week:

Defiance
Warehouse 13
Revolution
Modern Family
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Jason X" (2002)

I haven't watched any of the Friday films for years but I actually went and saw Jason X in the theater because it was just too gonzo for me to pass up. A complete blast and like you said basically a simultaneous homage/parody of the series. I seriously doubt I'll be watching any of the other films in the near future but I could definitely watch Jason X again.

oh yea the dumbest film I have ever liked!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:59 pm

A few days ago I watched Cabin in the Woods with some friends, I really dug it.

Today I started season 3 of Scrubs and watched a few episodes of Archer.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Locked Up: Abroad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Wurthless wrote:
A few days ago I watched Cabin in the Woods with some friends, I really dug it.

I've seen that movie several times now. It has become one of those films that gets put on whenever someone visits that hasn't seen it. It's a great "party flick".
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:46 pm

Waiting for my wife to finish Gossip Girl so I can move on to Caprica. We take turns with TV series.

For the record, what little I've seen of Gossip Girl is pretty wretched.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Hoarding: Buried Alive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next