Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:51 am

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:
The Place Beyond The Pines (2013)

Very good, very heavy drama. Bradley Cooper puts in another impressive performance. Interesting music score by Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle/Faith No More).

I was curious about something with this one; was Gosling's performance similar to his role in Drive? Even the basic plot points that I know of seem to line up.

Knowing that Patton did the score is enough for me to want to watch it.

The structure of this film if very different than Drive, there are some similarities between the characters but I think they are very unique from each other. I don't want to give too much away but the film is basically 3 different stories. The first 1/3 is Gosling's story, the next 1/3 is Cooper's story and then the final 1/3 takes place 15 years later and tells the tale of their sons. It all connects very effectively.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 6:15 am

S.D. wrote:
The Place Beyond The Pines (2013)

Very good, very heavy drama. Bradley Cooper puts in another impressive performance. Interesting music score by Mike Patton (Mr. Bungle/Faith No More).

I fancy this, it looks interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 9:10 am

"Guns" (1990)

Bullets-n-boobs B-Movie fun from the late, great Andy Sidaris. "Guns" stars a bunch of Playboy Playmates as federal agents trying to stop a criminal kingpin (played by Erik Estrada... yes, you read that right, ERIK ESTRADA!) from smuggling a shipment of Chinese machine guns into the U.S. by way of Las Vegas. The plot is needlessly complicated, the acting sucks, the dialogue is hilariously awful, but the girls are gorgeous and they spend much of the film in states of undress while lots of stuff blows up.

"Guns" also features a pre-fame Danny ("Machete") Trejo as one of Estrada's henchmen, a couple of cross dressing hit men, a totally random ninja attack, and a godawful theme song sung by former Playmate Cynthia Brimhall. Come on, you know you want to see this now. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Watched the Cards vs the Rockies. Rookie starter Shelby Miller of STL gave up a broken bat single leading off the first then set down the next 27 batters in a row, striking out 13. A perfect game except for the very first batter.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Dog the Bounty Hunter

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Cardinals vs Rockies game 2.
Wainwright with a 2-hit complete game shutout following Miller's near perfect game last night. Go Cards!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:16 pm

My Cat From Hell
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 12:21 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Bt816tn
One of my all time favorite MST3K episodes. I laugh like crazy every time I see it. Even if you don't like the Mike era, if you don't find this one funny, you have no sense of humor.

Quote :
The fool! He’s defeated us several times! What makes him think he can do it again?!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:05 am

Pawn Stars
AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm

I watched the playoff game between the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Islanders last night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Assault On Precinct 13 (remake)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Last night:

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Samsonvsthevampirewomen

So this was how TV's Frank met his end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Primeval: New World - enjoyable Canadian spin-off of the BBC series, unfortunately it only ran for 1 season and was cancelled...and of course ends on a cliffhanger that is never resolved. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:19 am

"John Dies at the End" (2012)

In Don "Phantasm" Coscarelli's quirky-on-purpose horror comedy, a pair of slackers/paranormal investigators inadvertently find themselves caught in the middle of a plot involving monsters from another dimension ... thanks to a drug called "Soy Sauce." There's a lot more going on than just that, but that's really about all the description I can give you without ruining the whole thing. Let's just say that this movie was WEIRD as HELL. Fortunately it was also funny as hell. I'm not sure I fully "got" it, but I got a kick out of it anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:15 am

Red Dwarf X
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

The Great Gatsby (2013)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:33 pm

Internet was out at the house yesterday so I caught up with some TV shows I had recorded:

Criminal Minds - Season 7
Californication - Season 6

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12624

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Took the ol' lady to see Iron Man 3 last night.....

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm

manny wrote:
The Great Gatsby (2013)

Tell us; how was it? When I first saw the trailer before Les Miserables I thought good Lord this is way too polished and why the hell is it going to be in 3D. Then I saw Baz Luhrmann's name pop up and thought oh. Well, that makes sense. I became excited to see it as I realized the book is all about excess so why not the movie. Now all the reviews are pretty meh about it, and Jay Z is on the soundtrack??! So I've been hoping to hear some non-critics weigh in on the movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:01 pm

All the talk about the soundtrack of The Great Gatsby has been a little over-stated. In the 20s during the "jazz age" that form of music was scene as "dirty and vulgar" by a large portion of the country, it was however embraced by youth culture (white kids digging on predominately black music). Lurhmann appreciated the parallel between the way jazz was perceived in the 20s with how hip hop is perceived now, so in his opinion the modern music score fits the overall tone of the film he wanted to create.

With a huge tentpole film like this there is no way a historically accurate music score would have been embraced by your average 25 and under crowd that he's targeting, so he updated it.

It is after all a movie and not a historical documentary so I don't mind the artistic license.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Speed Racer - Episode 2

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Storage Wars
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Storage Wars

one of my favorite shows!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39619

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
With a huge tentpole film like this there is no way a historically accurate music score would have been embraced by your average 25 and under crowd that he's targeting, so he updated it.

To what ? Hip hop ?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Storage Wars

one of my favorite shows!

It's been a while since I watched it (in between my last job and trucking career has given me some free time I haven't had since February). Dave Hester was still part of it last time I watched regularly. However, the asshole role is still filled with Darrel (he was a total ass to Ivy before he even met him). Barry is best IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next