Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+26
Witchfinder
jettafiend
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
iamrockerfun
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
nevermore
chewie
Sutekh
thejokeriv
James B.
Boris2008
manny
DallasBlack
kmorg
exact33
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Leatherface
tohostudios
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

The season finales of Arrow and Supernatural.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:52 am

2 new episodes of Mythbusters

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Dog the Bounty Hunter

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Frenemies: Loyalty Turned Lethal
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Karma's a B*tch!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

"The Gate" (1987)

Semi-classic '80s B-Movie in which a portal to the Underworld is accidentally opened in a suburban back yard, unleashing a horde of tiny demon creatures and other spooky stuff. A trio of kids battle back against the evil with model rockets and by playing a heavy metal record backwards. Yup, seriously.

The movie's pretty much poo, but it features a young Stephen Dorff, a kid with a Killer Dwarfs patch on his jacket and some surprisingly decent old-school stop motion creature effects. Cheesy retro fun!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:38 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Watched John Dies at the End again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Gate" (1987)

Semi-classic '80s B-Movie in which a portal to the Underworld is accidentally opened in a suburban back yard, unleashing a horde of tiny demon creatures and other spooky stuff. A trio of kids battle back against the evil with model rockets and by playing a heavy metal record backwards. Yup, seriously.

The movie's pretty much poo, but it features a young Stephen Dorff, a kid with a Killer Dwarfs patch on his jacket and some surprisingly decent old-school stop motion creature effects. Cheesy retro fun!

One of the coolest movies of the era, just watched it again. This is how I found out about the band Sacrifice.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:03 am

Cold Case
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:06 am

corplhicks wrote:

One of the coolest movies of the era, just watched it again. This is how I found out about the band Sacrifice.

Don'tcha mean "Sacrifyx?" Haha. They all died in a plane crash after releasing that one album y'know. Such a tragedy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:36 am

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Spoiler:

Good summer "popcorn" flick!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:58 am

'The Office' series finale.

I gave up on this show a few years back, so I was a little lost with some of the storylines. I didn't want to miss a series ending though. It was pretty decent.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:26 am

Animal Cops: Houston
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Star Trek: Into Darkness

Spoiler:

Good summer "popcorn" flick!

So I wanted to see what others thought of the movie and went to the boards on IMDB and BOOM. First post title, right there staring at me, one single sentence that gave everything away. Not even in the thread itself, which has 30 pages of people PISSED at this guy trolling out the big spoiler. Why it hasn't been deleted is beyond me. But, alas, it really was of little surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Big longtime Trekkie here....Not gonna look at anything about this one..... Not gonna read anything.... Gonna go in and expect it to improve on the first one, which was spectacular in some ways and limp in others. I can tell you that it will impress me indeed if I enjoy it more than 'Oblivion' though. Of course, a lot of people complain about that one...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Big longtime Trekkie here....Not gonna look at anything about this one..... Not gonna read anything.... Gonna go in and expect it to improve on the first one, which was spectacular in some ways and limp in others. I can tell you that it will impress me indeed if I enjoy it more than 'Oblivion' though. Of course, a lot of people complain about that one...

Best way to see it! I stayed away from MOST of the spoilers and info about the film, except for the obvious stuff that has been printed about the flick. FYI - 90% of the footage in the trailers is pulled from the first 30 minutes of the film, which keeps much of the plot a secret (why can't more films do that instead of giving the entire film away in the trailer????)
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Quote :
why can't more films do that instead of giving the entire film away in the trailer

Because most Hollywood films only have about a minute and a half of interesting footage. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Most trailers are put together by separate companies not associated with the primary production. Usually they are also made before the final cut of the film is assembled which is why you often see scenes in trailers that aren't in the finished film and many times the actual score isn't used either, they re-use tracks already in the studios library.

There are production houses that exist solely for the purpose of making trailers.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
Most trailers are put together by separate companies not associated with the primary production. Usually they are also made before the final cut of the film is assembled which is why you often see scenes in trailers that aren't in the finished film and many times the actual score isn't used either, they re-use tracks already in the studios library.

There are production houses that exist solely for the purpose of making trailers.

It used be different, didn't it? Directors oversaw trailer assembly, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

It's been that way for a long time, at least back as far as the 80s. Now, some directors do supervise the trailers...or at the very least determine what uncut footage is sent to the production houses for use. That clause gets written into contracts sometimes, that the director gets approval on all promotional aspects. But generally the trailer is getting made while the director is busy with post-production and they really don't have time to focus on that as well. These days teaser trailers are often made before the movie is even finished filming.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

It's been that way for a long time, at least back as far as the 80s. Now, some directors do supervise the trailers...or at the very least determine what uncut footage is sent to the production houses for use. That clause gets written into contracts sometimes, that the director gets approval on all promotional aspects. But generally the trailer is getting made while the director is busy with post-production and they really don't have time to focus on that as well. These days teaser trailers are often made before the movie is even finished filming.

Interesting. Explains why trailers seem to follow the same basic formula nowadays, even carrying their own set of "cliches."
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:30 pm

It's weird how trailers in themselves have evolved too. Look at a trailer for something like, say, 'True Lies' and then something like 'Pacific Rim'. Weirdly different approach. And then in the 80's they were just all over the place.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It's weird how trailers in themselves have evolved too. Look at a trailer for something like, say, 'True Lies' and then something like 'Pacific Rim'. Weirdly different approach. And then in the 80's they were just all over the place.

Shoot you watch a trailer from before 1960 and you get an entire film sans the denouement. I remember when the trailers were such an anticipated thing being a kid in the 80's and 90's. They had this slow build and f*cking Don LaFontaine doing the narration. Now it's Michael Bay cranked to 11.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:58 pm

*** DUN ***

- slight pause -

*** DUN ***

- slighter pause -

*** DUN DUN ***

- slight pause again but also someone screaming -

**voiceover on black screen**

*random snippets of 'Inception', 'Star Trek', and 'Dark Knight' themes*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next