Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+22
Ricky
Required Fields
kmorg
akeldama
Gryphon-kl
thejokeriv
Joe
James B.
chewie
manny
SpectreFate
nevermore
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
exact33
Sutekh
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Leatherface
jstate
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Wildest Police Videos
Pawn Stars
Hoarders
after that: WWE Raw (kept in the background, I find I spend more time playing on the computer than actually watching).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
after that: WWE Raw (kept in the background, I find I spend more time playing on the computer than actually watching).

That's definitely better for your brain's health.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:

He's only in it as a human for about 5 minutes; the rest of the time he's voicing the Gingerdead Man. If you can see it for free then go for it but trust me, unless you're a fan of crappy movies (like FF and me) you don't want to subject yourself to this movie. I thought it was a minor hoot but my guess is most normal people will think it really sucks. This would be a great film for MST3K to do a number on. Check out the trailer I posted on toward the end of the page before this one. That's all the good scenes in the flick.

I've read the 2nd one is actually better.

Laughing very hard I've seen the trailer(s) for those "Gingerdead Man" flicks but I don't know if even *I* could make it through an entire feature.

So how bad was it, Toho? Like, "Evil Bong" bad? By which I mean "good?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

Top Gear (UK)
Whose Line?
How I Met Your Mother
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He's only in it as a human for about 5 minutes; the rest of the time he's voicing the Gingerdead Man. If you can see it for free then go for it but trust me, unless you're a fan of crappy movies (like FF and me) you don't want to subject yourself to this movie. I thought it was a minor hoot but my guess is most normal people will think it really sucks. This would be a great film for MST3K to do a number on. Check out the trailer I posted on toward the end of the page before this one. That's all the good scenes in the flick.

I've read the 2nd one is actually better.

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 201269 I've seen the trailer(s) for those "Gingerdead Man" flicks but I don't know if even *I* could make it through an entire feature.

So how bad was it, Toho? Like, "Evil Bong" bad? By which I mean "good?"

Better than Evil Bong but only because the title critter is funnier. Very much in the Evil Bong vein though. In fact, if you remember, Gingerdead Man had a cameo in Evil Bong.

EDIT: BTW, now that I think about it, you're one of the reasons I continue to watch this crap FF! I have to "outcrap" the King of Crappy Movies!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 am

Quote :
EDIT: BTW, now that I think about it, you're one of the reasons I continue to watch this crap FF! I have to "outcrap" the King of Crappy Movies!

Laughing very hard I'm honored!!

Anyway, tonight I watched:
"Surrogates" (2009)

In this twisty sci-fi actioner set in the near future, humanity stays safe at home and uses robotic duplicates called "Surrogates" to live their lives in the outside world. A series of murders implicating the corporation that invented the machines leads a cop (Bruce Willis) to the heart of a conspiracy that could kill billions around the world.

Neat concept, cool stunts, nice dystopian vibe, worth a look.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:38 am

I wanted to see that but for some reason I never did. My sister says it was horrible, but then again, she loves the Twilight movies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:28 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I wanted to see that but for some reason I never did. My sister says it was horrible, but then again, she loves the Twilight movies.

Depending on your tolerance for Bruce Willis playing yet another variation on the Aging Action Hero, it's an entertaining way to kill 90 minutes or so.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard I'm honored!!

Anyway, tonight I watched:
"Surrogates" (2009)

In this twisty sci-fi actioner set in the near future, humanity stays safe at home and uses robotic duplicates called "Surrogates" to live their lives in the outside world. A series of murders implicating the corporation that invented the machines leads a cop (Bruce Willis) to the heart of a conspiracy that could kill billions around the world.

Neat concept, cool stunts, nice dystopian vibe, worth a look.

I was surpirised by Surrogates. I wasn't sure what I was expecting but it was definitely a cool movie and worth watching.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Depending on your tolerance for Bruce Willis playing yet another variation on the Aging Action Hero, it's an entertaining way to kill 90 minutes or so.

I have yet to see Bruce in a bad movie, so...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Sooo... you've never seen "North," "Set Up" or "Cop Out?" Very Happy

...but seriously, he's one of those guys who's usually good, even if the movie he's in sucks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Sooo... you've never seen "North," "Set Up" or "Cop Out?" Very Happy

...but seriously, he's one of those guys who's usually good, even if the movie he's in sucks. Very Happy

Didn't mind Cop Out, but I haven't seen "North" or "Set Up".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Didn't mind Cop Out, but I haven't seen "North" or "Set Up".

Cop Out would've been a lot better without Tracy Morgan. That dude is irritating as hell.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am

Continuing to clear off the Tivo, I watched something I recorded back in September off of PBS which I can't remember the title. It was a show where folks bring in their treasures and these folks verify the authenticity. It's not 'Antique Roadshow'.

Anyway, the 3 segments were Bob Dylan's electric guitar from the Newport Folk Festival (genuine), a couple of Beatles autographs (forgeries) and a collage supposed done by Frank Zappa (genuine). It was really interesting, watching them go through the process.

EDIT: History Detectives
http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 pm

Are You Being Served Vol. 2
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I managed to procure a copy of "Thale" that I'm going to watch tonight.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 12:46 am

"Wrong Turn" (2003)

Standard but enjoyable entry in the "killer hillbilly" genre, with a gang of stranded travelers (including Eliza Dushku of "Buffy" fame, looking luscious as usual) being pursued through the West Virginia backwoods by a clan of homicidal inbred mutant cannibals. There's nothin' here that you haven't already seen in a dozen other similar movies but "Wrong Turn" is fast paced, extremely violent, gratuitously gory, and lotsa fun.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 am

various NatGeo Wild shows
Looper
Silent Hill Revelation 3D
Are You Being Served? Vol. 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:18 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 51rdjquGA2L._SL500_AA300_

Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 am

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Wrong Turn" (2003)

Standard but enjoyable entry in the "killer hillbilly" genre, with a gang of stranded travelers (including Eliza Dushku of "Buffy" fame, looking luscious as usual) being pursued through the West Virginia backwoods by a clan of homicidal inbred mutant cannibals. There's nothin' here that you haven't already seen in a dozen other similar movies but "Wrong Turn" is fast paced, extremely violent, gratuitously gory, and lotsa fun.

I like that one a lot. The sequel is a hoot too; Henry Rollins is great in it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am

Quote :

Haven't seen "2" yet but I hear it's good. The rest of the sequels, though...not so much, from what I've gathered.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Haven't seen "2" yet but I hear it's good. The rest of the sequels, though...not so much, from what I've gathered.

I like all the Wrong Turn movies. Sure they're progressively worse as you go along, but they're horror movies, not Academy Award nominees. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I like all the Wrong Turn movies. Sure they're progressively worse as you go along, but they're horror movies, not Academy Award nominees. Wink

I just reserved "Wrong Turn 2" at the public library's web site, we'll see how it goes from there. I'm just getting started with this series, but I'm sure that my addictive personality will demand that I see all of them sooner or later, regardless of quality. Hell, I've sat through every "Children of the Corn" and "Hellraiser" sequel and my film-masochist tendencies are well known around here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:49 am

I've had WT3 for years and never have been able to bring myself to watch it. It has universally bad reviews.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next