Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+22
Ricky
Required Fields
kmorg
akeldama
Gryphon-kl
thejokeriv
Joe
James B.
chewie
manny
SpectreFate
nevermore
Wurthless
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
exact33
Sutekh
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Leatherface
jstate
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Bones
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Finished "Silent Night Zombie Night" this afternoon. Kind of blah; it really has very little connection to Christmas other than the fact that there are Christmas decorations in some scenes and there's a zombie in a Santa Claus outfit.

They left a nifty idea on the table too. There were 2 kinds of zombies in this flick; the usual shuffling, stupid ones just looking for food and smart, fast-moving ones who still had enough sense to communicate with each other and hide to avoid being shot. Supposedly this dichotomy was due to something wrapped around the "reptilian" part of the brain (i.e., the most primitive part) of the fast ones.

That little tidbit was revealed and then completely dropped.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

The Dog Whisperer
Sienfield

Later:

Tuesday Smackdown! Don't normally watch Smackdown! (I read the results usually days before Friday) however, it's live for a change and there's nothing on TV.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:40 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Tuesday Smackdown! Don't normally watch Smackdown! (I read the results usually days before Friday) however, it's live for a change and there's nothing on TV.

Same here. But once Bowl Season hits full swing, I'm outta here!

Actually, when I've caught Smackdown lately I've found it much more enjoyable than Raw.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Wreck-It Ralph
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Same here. But once Bowl Season hits full swing, I'm outta here!

Actually, when I've caught Smackdown lately I've found it much more enjoyable than Raw.

Supposedly commercial free, yet that just means outside commercials. There has been so many WWE commercials that it's almost takes up the free time taken away from being "commercial free".
lol!

Gryphon-kl wrote:
Wreck-It Ralph

Loved that one! Best animated movie of the year for me (and I watch almost everyone of them that comes out).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Now I'm watching:

Storage Wars Texas

Just caught the end of the regular storage wars and Darrel Sheets got paintings that gave him a $299,000 profit! That is the most I've seen a locker be worth on that show. Maybe that's the thing that pissed off Dave Hester enough to file the lawsuit against the show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:41 am

The Twisted Christmas Film Festival continues with...

"Black Christmas" (2006)

Ultra-violent remake of the '70s slasher classic about a sorority house that gets a Christmas Eve visit from an escaped maniac. Lotsa pretty girls, some truly sick gore but otherwise nothin' you haven't seen before in dozens of similar movies.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:12 am

Open Water 2:Adrift
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The Twisted Christmas Film Festival continues with...

"Black Christmas" (2006)

Ultra-violent remake of the '70s slasher classic about a sorority house that gets a Christmas Eve visit from an escaped maniac. Lotsa pretty girls, some truly sick gore but otherwise nothin' you haven't seen before in dozens of similar movies.

But this one has "Billy The Unstoppable".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am

Quote :
But this one has "Billy The Unstoppable".

I swear they spent more time showing flashbacks to "Billy's" back story than they did on the present-day murder spree. Maybe they should've just made the movie a "prequel" that told his tragic story and left the sorority chicks out of it altogether.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:55 am

Watched Spiderman, Spiderman 2, and Spiderman 3 with the ol lady last night. Man, they dropped the ball with that trio of flics. Never noticed before, but revisiting them really, really makes it obvious.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:16 am

James B. wrote:
Watched Spiderman, Spiderman 2, and Spiderman 3 with the ol lady last night. Man, they dropped the ball with that trio of flics. Never noticed before, but revisiting them really, really makes it obvious.

I love the first two Spidey flicks but "3" was a total poop sandwich.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

I love the first two Spidey flicks but "3" was a total poop sandwich.

Agree with FF! Loved the first two, but 3 sucked.... I couldn't even finish it in one sitting.

Watched over the past few nights:

Drive - decent flick, rather boring at first but picked up towards the end. I didn't think it lived up to the hype, but worth a rental.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 - cool animated flick based on the legendary Frank Miller graphic novel. Faithful re-telling of the story and I Part Two will be in my Netflix queue as soon as it is released!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 - cool animated flick based on the legendary Frank Miller graphic novel. Faithful re-telling of the story and I Part Two will be in my Netflix queue as soon as it is released!

I've been lovin' these animated Batman flicks of late, this is definitely on my "must see" list. I'm just waitin' for the public library to get hold of it. Supposedly it's "in the process of being acquired" since it's so new.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I've been lovin' these animated Batman flicks of late, this is definitely on my "must see" list. I'm just waitin' for the public library to get hold of it. Supposedly it's "in the process of being acquired" since it's so new.

Hopefully they get it soon - or you get a free Redbox code (and Redbox has it!)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 pm

This Is 40

I'm not a big Apatow fan but I thought this was alright. It has a cool Graham Parker part where he plays himself that he is a good sport about. I even thought Megan Fox did her part well.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Finished up season 1 of Scrubs.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm

The Hobbit: All I hoped for and more. Can't wait to see it again but not in High Frame Rate 3D. The effects were great for fight scenes but made most of the picture blurry. Got used to it after a while, but I will stick to ReadD 3D.

Watching some Storage Wars I taped last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:42 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 51f8EKyRaSL._SL500_AA300_

My favorite scene is with supposedly catatonic Grandpa:

Last edited by tohostudios on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm

Some old episodes of Barney Miller, Maude and Good Times
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 pm

The First 48
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:51 pm

nevermore wrote:
Some old episodes of Barney Miller, Maude and Good Times

great TV there my friend, just missin some Taxi, Welcome Back Carter, and Chico & The Man.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 am

"Legion" (2010)

It's the end of the world as we know it!! God has decided to wipe the Earth clean in a new apocalypse, but fortunately for humankind one of his gun-totin' warrior angels (?) decides to break from the ranks and defend us from extinction. The venue for the Final Battle is an out-of-the-way diner in the American Southwest, where a very special baby is about to be born, and which must be protected at all costs.

This flick is a totally bizarre amalgam of bits stolen from "The Terminator," "The Omen," "The Seventh Sign" and even "Night of the Living Dead" featuring cool creatures, tons of bone-crushing action and a healthy amount of Book of Revelations style creepiness. It may not be logical but it sure isn't boring!!

...as an added note, I didn't know this till I started watching it but since the action all takes place in the days leading up to Christmas, it even falls nicely into the "Twisted Christmas Film" marathon I've had goin' this week. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 am

Watched The Evil Dead last night. Actually looked good in HD quality too.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next