Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes

Go down 
+22
exact33
Joe
Dark Horseman
mikeinfla
jettafiend
jstate
ohwellmonkey
James B.
Andy
Required Fields
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Olafsto
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
kmorg
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:49 pm

The hunt is part of "the trip" for me and I'm afraid it always will be... Ya can't go to yard sale, thrift store, pawn shop or used record store and dig through boxes, rifle through racks for a download.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:06 pm

James B. wrote:
The hunt is part of "the trip" for me and I'm afraid it always will be... Ya can't go to yard sale, thrift store, pawn shop or used record store and dig through boxes, rifle through racks for a download.
Used to be for me, too, but I often find myself getting bored in music shops these days. I just can't spend three hours scouring a record store like I used to. I have too much other crap to do. So now I just skim and glance here and there. Of course, apparently I have good eyes because I still manage to find a ton of crap! Haha.

But another problem with this is that the record shops are disappearing. The owners of Newbury Comics are smart people so I expect them to last, but they're now becoming a trendy clothing store to combat slumping CD sales. And their CD selection is getting smaller and smaller. At some point, it'll be virtually nonexistent, I suspect. And there are just a few other used shops out there.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Used to be for me, too, but I often find myself getting bored in music shops these days. I just can't spend three hours scouring a record store like I used to. I have too much other crap to do. So now I just skim and glance here and there. Of course, apparently I have good eyes because I still manage to find a ton of crap! Haha.

But another problem with this is that the record shops are disappearing. The owners of Newbury Comics are smart people so I expect them to last, but they're now becoming a trendy clothing store to combat slumping CD sales. And their CD selection is getting smaller and smaller. At some point, it'll be virtually nonexistent, I suspect. And there are just a few other used shops out there.

I here ya bout "disappearing" Crying or Very sad Moved two years ago from No. Calif to middle of Montana. Used to be more folks in a fifty mile radius of my house in Sacramento than the entire population of Montana. The "BIG" cities here have a few places (college towns being best). I miss the convenience of where I used to reside. Oh well.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

I like to get sound clips and stuff before I buy because I live on a limited budget for music. I think downloads + youtube will allow me to get more music for a lot less money.

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:44 pm

The big problem i have with digital is that the prices never go down. I have never seen any major releases in digital format sold on amazon or the like for under $6.00, and thats just the starting price. Yet physical cd's will (almost) always eventually go down in price.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Hadley wrote:
The big problem i have with digital is that the prices never go down. I have never seen any major releases in digital format sold on amazon or the like for under $6.00, and thats just the starting price. Yet physical cd's will (almost) always eventually go down in price.

I've seen discounted iTunes albums frequently.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

But I'd sell my entire collection in a heartbeat. I am totally okay with my digital library now.

I am getting there with the idea of selling it all. I am going to go slow and just listen to youtube before i start buying digital.

I sold off about 20% or so of my physical albums a few years ago and plan on getting rid of just about most of it in the future myself.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 pm

The idea of selling everything off piece by piece is just not appealing. I wish there was someone out there looking to dump a ton of cash and open a store. Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The idea of selling everything off piece by piece is just not appealing. I wish there was someone out there looking to dump a ton of cash and open a store. Haha.

I think i would want to sell mine by discography but i know you have a ton more stuff than me so I can understand.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Hadley wrote:

Amazon always has their MP3 albums on sale. I've seen them as low as $2.99 for full length albums. They will sometimes do things where for like 4 days, a ton of albums are $2.99 or $4.99 or $5 or whatever.

Sometimes there is awesome stuff there. Sometimes there is nothing I want. But yeah, they do that pretty regularly. I've seen iTunes have sales like that too. And then, of course, there is eMusic, which is typically $5-$6.49 per album for their regular price.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 pm

James B. wrote:

Even though I didn't get much and didn't have as much time as I would've liked, I absoutely loved going to a record show over the weekend, just digging through crates of cds, looking for "hidden treasures". Digital downloads will never replace that feeling.

PostSubject: Re: AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes   AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC/DC catalog now available on iTunes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3