Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.

Go down 
+2
nevermore
krokus
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Empty
PostSubject: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:33 am

For those that have this, will it make Black Tiger status? Or more toward, In Rock We Trust?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:33 pm

I dont have it but i listen to some samplers and it sound more like TEN then like BLACK TIGER. I am going to buy it very soon because i like their sound.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Haven't checked out anything from this yet. I need to get the remasters to Black Tiger and Mean Streak.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Is this the official Facemelter thread? Razz

Previous to this, I've only owned Ten but I've been meaning to pick up their early stuff for years. I just got this album in the mail today and I'm really enjoying it. This is the good kick in the pants I need to search out the rest of their catalog!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Is this the official Facemelter thread? Razz

Previous to this, I've only owned Ten but I've been meaning to pick up their early stuff for years. I just got this album in the mail today and I'm really enjoying it. This is the good kick in the pants I need to search out the rest of their catalog!

Same here except I have a Best Of collection.

My opinion is that this one is very much in the same vein as Ten; less "metal" more "hard rock". If you like Ten, I think you'd like Facemelter.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 pm

I actually didn't care for Ten all that much. I'm definitely preferring Facemelter. Hard rock or metal, doesn't really matter to me because I'm not familiar with them all that much in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am

I think this is better then Ten by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:43 am

Better than Ten but nowhere near to the Y and T trio of "earthshaker", "blacktiger" and "mean streak" (IMHO)

This page hyperlinked below has a video clip of a new Y and T song and a tribute to RJD, a cover of "Rainbow in the dark"

http://www.meniketti.com/multimedia.html

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:36 pm

James B. wrote:
Better than Ten but nowhere near to the Y and T trio of "earthshaker", "blacktiger" and "mean streak" (IMHO)

FREAKIN' CLASSICS... My best friend in High School was a Y&T nut. He hand painted their logo on one of his walls... the whole wall. I had already liked them, but hangin' out with him made me an even bigger fan!!!!

"Hang 'em High... Stand together.........." Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. 11840
That song *^%$#^%&^in' ROCKS!!

Sorry, I got excited....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm

I've listened to this album 5 or 6 times all the way through since yesterday! Easily one of the year's best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.   Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Compare Y&T's Facemelter to the rest of the catalog.
Page 1 of 1